• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
You can also click on your username when logged into the Steam store, select the third option in the drop down menu which is Change language and find English from there.

Games:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Psichodelya -- MB-A6C2670C5DD4D6D5 - Taken by factorone
LEVEL 22 -- MB-F30F46780F353FE7 - Taken by Conrad Link
Dungeon Lurk II - Leona -- MB-AC463EB2F466F500 - Taken by autoduelist

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Psichodelya was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Anustart

Is there anything I can do with a Galaxy Tab S tablet in regards to steam streaming? I'm trying to figure out if a tablet can do anything that would aid me in any way.

Anyone have a Tab S? Can I create art on it? Stream steam? Anything besides being a hearthstone box?

Anyone have any input?

derExperte

So potentially, if one were to activate it outside of Russia prior to a runtime lock, they could still be locked out if one were added later?

Yes but you can use steam_appid.txt trick to run it. I'm doing that with Borderlands 2 right now and as far as I can tell everything works*, only thing is that Steam doesn't show me in game but it still counts the playtime. *edit: Or not, can't find any online games.

-Deimos

Still no friendly Russian gaffer interested in buying a 4 pack?

Yes but you can use steam_appid.txt trick to run it. I'm doing that with Borderlands 2 right now and as far as I can tell everything works*, only thing is that Steam doesn't show me in game but it still counts the playtime. *edit: Or not, can't find any online games.

But you can still run the single-player, right?

zkylon

zkylewd

r these any good?

i can't find the want in me to watch like 3 hours of it but i was thinking of maybe watching the doom one

A friend of mine has sent me a Steam gift without letting me know by advance he was going to... and he had no idea about the region-locked restrictions Steam has nowadays. He is from Argentina (so no extra cheap price), I'm from Spain.

I know VPN activation is against Steam TOS, but what are exactly the odds/risks to go that way? Googling a bit seems the bans are mostly when buying using VPN, not just activating.

weird, when i tried to buy a gift for someone it doesn't even let me finish buying it

im pretty sure u shuold be ok but wait for saoirse support before doing it

Bluth54

Okay, what TF2 upgrade broke it?
I now have a borderless TF2 window in the middle of my screen that's 640x480 =p
Good thing I basically only ran it to check if I had unlocked any other preorder items I might have forgotten about.

As someone who very closely follows TF2 updates I haven't heard of any update doing that, you probably just need to reset your settings.

zkylon

zkylewd

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
At first I was mad.
But the micro transactions there seem to be for people who aren't good or don't want to be bothered trying Checkpoints again. Regardless game is looking like it's only for New RE fans or fans of raid mode. Anyone wanting the return need not apply.

So it's for people who suck at games?

well nt for the main campaign so i guess not too bad

but claire's in it ;_;

i love claire ;_;
Yeah I'm buying it for Claire.

zkylon

zkylewd
That is true. Also, don't play REmake until proper mods, the dormitory is pretty terrible.

Edit: Looking back, all the Umbrella-era games the worst when it comes to hideous critters.

yup, that camera cut to the angle with the spiders walking over the camera in re2 nearly gave me a heart attack

i'm hoping someone mods the spiders out of the remake since i actually really like he old resident evil games. back when i was 10 i was less crazy and could play them without fear :/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I played about an hour of Season Match and it's pretty cool. It's basically a cross between collapse and jewel quest. I probably wouldn't have picked it up if it weren't $0.99 on sale a few weeks ago, and it has cards that sell for quite a bit.

My only gripe is that it's short. I played for an hour and got about 70% through the "quest" mode, unlocking 63% of the game's achievements (5/8). I'm sure if I played another hour, I'd be able to get 100%. Luckily, there are two sequels which are also available on Steam (one of which I also picked up when it was on sale).

I like a good "mind numbing" puzzle game / match 3 type genre game and this fits the bill perfectly. There is even an "easy" mode where you're not timed. Definitely worth $0.99.

So I played about an hour of Season Match and it's pretty cool. It's basically a cross between collapse and jewel quest. I probably wouldn't have picked it up if it weren't $0.99 on sale a few weeks ago, and it has cards that sell for quite a bit.

My only gripe is that it's short. I played for an hour and got about 70% through the "quest" mode, unlocking 63% of the game's achievements (5/8). I'm sure if I played another hour, I'd be able to get 100%. Luckily, there are two sequels which are also available on Steam (one of which I also picked up when it was on sale).

I like a good "mind numbing" puzzle game / match 3 type genre game and this fits the bill perfectly. There is even an "easy" mode where you're not timed. Definitely worth $0.99.

I guess the gameplay would have to be good. Those character models are pretty rough. One of the few games where they've managed to make the chick associated with winter unattractive. The long-haired girl is nice - I think it's summer? - but the rest are well into hire-a-better-2d-artist-already territory. I assume the trading cards are expensive because people will pay for any cards with women on them?

looks over at my own profile

I didn't pay for those...

Steamtrade people are all charging 8.5 keys which is around 17-20 dollars depending on the key deal you find :/ Might just buy from the market I guess, aint got time for that

Edit: One guy is selling for 17 flat, are there better deals that I'm missing somewhere? Of course that's still really good :p

Lol. I'm an idiot. Was being lazy so I bought the keys from the market itself forgetting the new 7 trade restrictions. That's what happens when you don't sleep.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Lol. I'm an idiot. Was being lazy so I bought the keys from the market itself forgetting the new 7 trade restrictions. That's what happens when you don't sleep.

Yeah, the trading cooldown on newly-bought keys is why I didn't bother mentioning them earlier.

Yeah, the trading cooldown on newly-bought keys is why I didn't bother mentioning them earlier.
It's all good, I will sell them back on the market in 7 days I guess. Just feel like a fucking dunce, especially given I could have bought 8 keys for 14.50 in 10 seconds of looking. Being lazy has consequences!

Sendou

I searched and I see no mention of this either.

Castle in the Darkness finally has a release date February 5th. $5.99

IIRC this is actually made by the guy who did art for Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. On my radar for sure.

EDIT: Oh lol it's the first point on the store page.

dani_dc

Anyone have any input?

There are a few PC to tablet streaming apps such as splashtop or better yet, limelight in case you have a 650 (or better) nvidia GPU.

No native steam streaming unfortunately.

At first I was mad.
But the micro transactions there seem to be for people who aren't good or don't want to be bothered trying Checkpoints again. Regardless game is looking like it's only for New RE fans or fans of raid mode. Anyone wanting the return need not apply.
The issue is that microtransaction create motivation for the game design to be messed up with to push people into using them.

There is also zero reason why option of reloading had to be paid. It's a way to drain money out of the less able players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom