• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many balls for my taste.
latest

Oh god. This must be hell, to have 16 hours of almost-sex >_<
You know, I haven't thought about it this way.

that ghostbusters thread in off topic sure is going places.

Having recently played Ghostbusters on steam, i say let them do something completely different. That game gave me the closure i need with the OG cast being heavily involved. Let something new come of it rather than the big fat nothing we've had for decades now.

I made some really nice progress in Dark Souls lately. Four Kings are down and I offered 30 humanity to Kathee and got my awesome Darkwraith armor set.
After that I went into the Catacombs for the first time and had such an easy time. Man I am way to overleveled for that part.
I got to a boss which I thought is Nito but his name was Pinwheel and he was pretty easy. Just had some ghost clones and not much attacks.

That's it. Pretty short and lame level so far. But I get the feeling I haven't opened up everything yet since I haven't seen Nito even though I cleared all of Catacombs :/
Also there is a brick wall in a canyon with the wheel-skeletons where I can hear a blacksmith behind it but I can't break the wall :/
I am at an impasse and may have to use a wiki for this part. (But tbh frost helped me out loads throughout the game, so I did kinda use a human wiki so far :p)

After that I advanced into Tombs of Giants. The giants are pretty easy besides the fierce dog-like ones, urgh. Anywho, I cleared that level as well and got a sweet new ember but then came to yet another golden fog wall which didn't open and just said "sealed by the great lord" ?! I think I should give the Lordvessel to Frampt to make the many golden fogs open now I guess?

Then again there's still the Painted World left. Maybe I'll give that a shot later.
-
Hanako is now up on greenlight.
Here the Greenlight link of Hanako for people who are not too lazy to link it directly :p
Here is some leftovers, i hope that keys still works!
And happy birthday for me (32 years is no joke, ouch)
Happy birthday my friend and 32 is not that old, come on... only a couple years more than me, that can't be old ;_;
Looks fun.

33333aqd8a.gif
Oh wow, motion capture scenes must have been awkward during "intense" scenes.
Activating gifts using a VPN is still a relatively new thing. My take on it is thus:
I wouldn't think that Valve's interested in restricting the accounts of those who only do it once or twice, and even if you were caught doing it regularly you could probably get away with a warning if you pleaded ignorance and promised not to do it again, but you never know.
I activated region locked keys and had no problems yet. You think it's not the same with Steam Gifts for Valve? Like they don't care about region-locked keys being activated, maybe they don't care about region-locked Steam Gifts? Please don't break my hopes.

Oh wow, just read a couple pages back. Dying Light is being to have had for only 10 bucks? :O

Who here is being able to provide, please? That is a great deal.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
header.jpg

Anyone who's pre-ordered Alone in the Dark: Illumination, the first beta starts tomorrow, 12 PM PST. I'll have impressions tomorrow.

Faabulous

How difficult is it to Steam gift a game to a friend?

Has anyone done this before?

Not difficult at all. Pretty easy actually.
Unless you are in one of the region locked places, in which case its not difficult, its impossible. If you and your friend live on the same region, should be fine tho

I don't understand. It is super easy actually.
If you have the game in your inventory, just click on it and then you get an option to send it as a gift.
If you don't have the game yet, you can choose "send as gift" during checkout when buying it.

If you specific help, just ask :)

Do you really want to not-penetrate a women all day?

fair enough.

But look at their faces, looks hilariously uncomfortable. Guess they don't mocap the faces.

I made some really nice progress in Dark Souls lately. Four Kings are down and I offered 30 humanity to Kathee and got my awesome Darkwraith armor set.
After that I went into the Catacombs for the first time and had such an easy time. Man I am way to overleveled for that part.
I got to a boss which I thought is Nito but his name was Pinwheel and he was pretty easy. Just had some ghost clones and not much attacks.

That's it. Pretty short and lame level so far. But I get the feeling I haven't opened up everything yet since I haven't seen Nito even though I cleared all of Catacombs :/
Also there is a brick wall in a canyon with the wheel-skeletons where I can hear a blacksmith behind it but I can't break the wall :/
I am at an impasse and may have to use a wiki for this part. (But tbh frost helped me out loads throughout the game, so I did kinda use a human wiki so far :p)

After that I advanced into Tombs of Giants. The giants are pretty easy besides the fierce dog-like ones, urgh. Anywho, I cleared that level as well and got a sweet new ember but then came to yet another golden fog wall which didn't open and just said "sealed by the great lord" ?! I think I should give the Lordvessel to Frampt to make the many golden fogs open now I guess?

Then again there's still the Painted World left. Maybe I'll give that a shot later.
-

Having a kid is like watching someone play Dark Souls for the first time. It's a great experience, but sometimes you just want to yell at them to put their effing shield up.

Man, I really want to play some more Dark Souls. Was making some real good progress. Having a build in mind when starting really makes things smoother than getting to Anor Londo and it being a total cluster fuck.

It's stupid easy. Steam asks you what to do with your purchase : your account, your inventory, send to friend.

Having a kid is like watching someone play Dark Souls for the first time. It's a great experience, but sometimes you just want to yell at them to put their effing shield up.

Man, I really want to play some more Dark Souls. Was making some real good progress. Having a build in mind when starting really makes things smoother than getting to Anor Londo and it being a total cluster fuck.
You plan on raising your minibosstone like this?

Sch1sm

Here is some leftovers, i hope that keys still works!
And happy birthday for me (32 years is no joke, ouch)
Where+did+sally+go+after+the+explosions+_ed92bab8a0af810fa00b06572cbd957e.gif

Woop. Thanks, and happy birthday!

I need to see more of Dying Light. Are any of you streaming?

How much this game is worth is directly related to how many zombie games you own currently, I think. You could try your luck here, I guess. Think a lot of us are holding out on a great Russian to do us a solid with a 3 pack.

any GOTY updates?

Aside from delayed? Nah.

rtcn63

Stupid question- but does Dying Light have a proper campaign (for the most part) like Dead Island, or is it more like a survival game that goes on endlessly?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I activated region locked keys and had no problems yet. You think it's not the same with Steam Gifts for Valve? Like they don't care about region-locked keys being activated, maybe they don't care about region-locked Steam Gifts? Please don't break my hopes.

The key difference is that Valve sees 0% from retail keys while it sees 30% from stuff bought on Steam directly. I don't see a tangible difference between cross-region purchasing for yourself (which we know Valve doesn't like) and using a VPN to skirt ACRTAG.

Water

Just wanted to throw these keys in circulation. I think they should be valid but no guarantees. Feel free to grab even just for idling cards. No need for thanks.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Eldritch -- MB-1D462C8F519B14F7 - Taken by Sammichu. 7 entrants total.
Dead Bits -- MB-B4AA9CAA835469CD - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.

t1422473826z1.png

Dr Dogg

So I don't know if you folks have noticed but there are a few peeps sporting tashes on their avatars. Been scratching my head for a day or two what on earth it could all be about but it pretty much looks like it's the avatar 'thing' for The Order 1886 (still sounds like a French lager) hype circus. The poor buggers.

Jawmuncher

So I don't know if you folks have noticed but there are a few peeps sporting tashes on their avatars. Been scratching my head for a day or two what on earth it could all be about but it pretty much looks like it's the avatar 'thing' for The Order 1886 (still sounds like a French lager) hype circus. The poor buggers.

It looks like a decent game, even if it's heavily cinematic. Which isn't a bad thing.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

haven't noticed ... but then again - I don't tend to venture outside of the steam thread ;)

Nzyme32

The french larger is almost certainly going to provide the more cinematic experience

Kiru

Best one

Benedict

Seems like Deja Vu and Shadowgate MacVenture series automatically have been activated without me having to do anything at all.

Which is nice.

The key difference is that Valve sees 0% from retail keys while it sees 30% from stuff bought on Steam directly. I don't see a tangible difference between cross-region purchasing for yourself (which we know Valve doesn't like) and using a VPN to skirt ACRTAG.
:/ .... just lie to me and say everything will be fine

_hekk05

Banned
Alright guys. I have 15 bucks in my paypal and I'm ready for that &#36229;&#27425;&#20803; &#12466;&#12452;&#12512; &#12493;&#12503;&#12486;&#12517;&#12540;&#12492;

Just gotta eat really cheap lunches for a bit. A loaf of bread should last me 3 or 4 days

Vita-chan am cry

Dr Dogg

It looks like a decent game, even if it's heavily cinematic. Which isn't a bad thing.

Conceptually it sounds great but I've seen very little game there so far in any of the footage released. Certainly not something I would be getting overly excited so far and would definitely wait for final game footage.

haven't noticed ... but then again - I don't tend to venture outside of the steam thread ;)

They'll be invading here soon. Who know you might end up changing your name to tashman :p

The french larger is almost certainly going to provide the more cinematic experience

I hate Kronenbourg but they do have some fancy ads (well apart from the Cantona one that got band recently).

Grimlock by name, Grimlock by nature.

Alright guys. I have 15 bucks in my paypal and I'm ready for that &#36229;&#27425;&#20803; &#12466;&#12452;&#12512; &#12493;&#12503;&#12486;&#12517;&#12540;&#12492;

Just gotta eat really cheap lunches for a bit. A loaf of bread should last me 3 or 4 days

Vita-chan am cry

Sounds like my food budgeting when I was at Uni. Toast for breakfast, ham sandwiches for lunch, cheese toasties for dinner and chocolate spread sandwiches for desert. Of course I could have eaten like a king if I didn't spend the better half of my time drunk.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Project Night -- MB-D64735DDD5A7EA53 - Taken by Blu(e)
Bret Airborne -- MB-0A49063AA95CD55F - Taken by WinterDemons
ClusterPuck 99 -- MB-76A4D473C11D400A - Taken by lashman
Pahelika: Secret Legends -- MB-E859745B6E66E007 - Taken by Scipius
Yelaxot -- MB-3D997A7288ED855F - Taken by Kifimbo

Since only the PC version of Witcher 3 lets you import your save:

If I were to play it on PS4, is there a way I can look at the contents of my W2 PC save to remind myself what decisions I made? There was a big one at the end I'm not 100% sure about.

Edit: Also, "Time limits for decision making (e.g 10 seconds to decide to take gold or not)." Oh God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom