• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw, Hyperdimension Neptunia delayed :(

C6gkr6j.png

Phawx

Forgot to Cross-post from indie thread with some non-indie DLC bonus Let's Plays!

oh, also Youtube FINALLY finished processing my Dying Light video. Don't know why it took so long to get 1080/60?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdzGJR1EJ7I

Incoming Wall of Let's Plays
My Let's Play of Pix The Cat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq_YkqNIWH4

nyTOHVu.gif

Quick Impressions: Essentially it's a mashup of PacMan and Snake. Your multiplier slowly increases with time and is directly tied to the speed at which you move. You need to collect eggs along the maze (Pacman) which sprouts a chain of ducklings behind you that you can not cross (Snake) until you've delivered them to the appropriate LZ. After clearing a level of eggs/ducklings you'll open a warp to the next level which is visible on the map at all times. It gets pretty chaotic and had me cursing the 360's dpad often. Still an excellent arcade game.​

My Let's Play of Move Or Die:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TUa4FgnZns

wMSunk5.gif

Quick Impressions: This is an early access title, but damn is it fun. It's a 4-player (Human or Bot) collection of minigames. Right now, there are only a few: Stomp, Speed Run, Avoid the Falling X's, Bump and (my favorite) Bomb Tag (in the gif). You have meters at the bottom that will slowly dwindle if you don't move. If you don't move, you will die. Hence the title. It's a pretty good Early Access title and has a clear plan plotted out as soon as the game starts to let you know what's coming. Online multiplayer/netcode seems to be pretty solid as well already. Recommended

My Let's Play of Grim Fandango Remastered:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7U1WV5NVNg

keBGWiI.gif

Quick Impressions: My video right now only showcases all of the enhancements/video modes/dev commentary. It's pretty short comparably to my other videos. By default the game runs in 4:3 with bezel like pillar boxes. You can change them to black if you prefer. The game also has 16:9 but it just stretches the image. The updated textures and light engine really do a great job at enhancing the game with the prerendered backgrounds. Recommended

My Let's Play of Gravity Ghost:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ8_Lc_WaHo

XNqOs56.gif

Quick Impressions: It's a physics platformer with an interesting story. There are planets that have different characteristics (bouncing/glass/hard) and they have mass and, as such, have gravity. Jumping from mass to mass or slingshotting around a celestial body is easy enough. You need to collect stars to unlock the door and progress forward. There is nothing too difficult about the game. Story is interesting, voice acting could be better. Just a chill game.​

My Let's Play of TorqueL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJrVRPi3flw

PEF0OJR.gif

Quick Impressions: An interesting platformer. You control a cube with the power of extending any side of the box with an elongated protrusion by holding the (Xbox 360) color coded sections. The interesting bit is that the center of gravity is at the edge of the protrusion instead of at the cube, which allows you to save your life pretty easily or to fling yourself. One element that I really like is that the music of the game is directly tied with you movement. Both forward and backwards. I found it quite pleasant. The game is getting pretty negative reviews because the dev intended the game to not have any save states. So if you close the game, you have to start from stage 1. That's hardcore. My only real complaint is that when you die, it doesn't instantly bring you back to the start ala Super Meat Boy. There is always this 5 second rehash of showing you the goal and you at the starting point.​

Grief.exe

You plan on raising your minibosstone like this

LmtdGQf.jpg
?

That is perfect.

Since only the PC version of Witcher 3 lets you import your save:

If I were to play it on PS4, is there a way I can look at the contents of my W2 PC save to remind myself what decisions I made? There was a big one at the end I'm not 100% sure about.

Edit: Also, "Time limits for decision making (e.g 10 seconds to decide to take gold or not)." Oh God.

In one of the Witcher 3 interviews from the other day, CDPR mentioned that every version will have a recap/questionnaire to catch up your save file.

I really have to wonder how much longer sites like g2a and kinguin are going to be around. I don't know how bad it's going to get, but I'm almost anticipating pseudo-2FA for code redemption.

As long as there are incompetent people, then there will always be a place for those type of sites.

Jawmuncher

Aw, Hyperdimension Neptunia delayed :(

C6gkr6j.png
Lame. Even though I can't play it I still wanna buy it.
Forgot to Cross-post from indie thread with some non-indie DLC bonus Let's Plays!

oh, also Youtube FINALLY finished processing my Dying Light video. Don't know why it took so long to get 1080/60?

nyTOHVu.gif

Quick Impressions: Essentially it's a mashup of PacMan and Snake. Your multiplier slowly increases with time and is directly tied to the speed at which you move. You need to collect eggs along the maze (Pacman) which sprouts a chain of ducklings behind you that you can not cross (Snake) until you've delivered them to the appropriate LZ. After clearing a level of eggs/ducklings you'll open a warp to the next level which is visible on the map at all times. It gets pretty chaotic and had me cursing the 360's dpad often. Still an excellent arcade game.​

wMSunk5.gif

Quick Impressions: This is an early access title, but damn is it fun. It's a 4-player (Human or Bot) collection of minigames. Right now, there are only a few: Stomp, Speed Run, Avoid the Falling X's, Bump and (my favorite) Bomb Tag (in the gif). You have meters at the bottom that will slowly dwindle if you don't move. If you don't move, you will die. Hence the title. It's a pretty good Early Access title and has a clear plan plotted out as soon as the game starts to let you know what's coming. Online multiplayer/netcode seems to be pretty solid as well already. Recommended

keBGWiI.gif

Quick Impressions: My video right now only showcases all of the enhancements/video modes/dev commentary. It's pretty short comparably to my other videos. By default the game runs in 4:3 with bezel like pillar boxes. You can change them to black if you prefer. The game also has 16:9 but it just stretches the image. The updated textures and light engine really do a great job at enhancing the game with the prerendered backgrounds. Recommended

XNqOs56.gif

Quick Impressions: It's a physics platformer with an interesting story. There are planets that have different characteristics (bouncing/glass/hard) and they have mass and, as such, have gravity. Jumping from mass to mass or slingshotting around a celestial body is easy enough. You need to collect stars to unlock the door and progress forward. There is nothing too difficult about the game. Story is interesting, voice acting could be better. Just a chill game.​

PEF0OJR.gif

Quick Impressions: An interesting platformer. You control a cube with the power of extending any side of the box with an elongated protrusion by holding the (Xbox 360) color coded sections. The interesting bit is that the center of gravity is at the edge of the protrusion instead of at the cube, which allows you to save your life pretty easily or to fling yourself. One element that I really like is that the music of the game is directly tied with you movement. Both forward and backwards. I found it quite pleasant. The game is getting pretty negative reviews because the dev intended the game to not have any save states. So if you close the game, you have to start from stage 1. That's hardcore. My only real complaint is that when you die, it doesn't instantly bring you back to the start ala Super Meat Boy. There is always this 5 second rehash of showing you the goal and you at the starting point.​

Dying light looks like it'll be worth my price I paid for it ages back when Russia was still around. Just sucks I won't be back until March to play it. So I'll end up having to play a lot to make sure I beat it before Type 0 and Bloodborne

Dr Dogg

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to be pissed at Ubisoft and EA. Like right now on Xbox Live all the Mass Effect 3 DLC is 50% off whilst on Origin Bioware Points haven't received a discount in over 2 years and chances are never will again seeing as they've been dropped going forward.

zkylon

zkylewd
I haven't played this one yet that's why I'm so happy it's releasing on steam.
It is goofy! in a weird and good way, that's the whole point of wanting to play it, 4th I mean. Well not all point but most of it anyway. (><)
hmm

would prolly rather it was just srs business

yum

Looks fun.

33333aqd8a.gif

all those position detection balls

rubbing off each other

those tight outfits, so hot and sweaty

oh my...

Jawmuncher

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to be pissed at Ubisoft and EA. Like right now on Xbox Live all the Mass Effect 3 DLC is 50% off whilst on Origin Bioware Points haven't received a discount in over 2 years and chances are never will again seeing as they've been dropped going forward.

Why ME never got a GOTY collection by now is beyond me.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

keBGWiI.gif

The new effects look rad. Been so long since I beat Grim but it's still fresh in my mind, to the point that I can still recite many quotes. I haven't had the time to play much in the past few weeks but I can't wait to be able to get into this one again after all these years.

Backlogger

Is there a main quest line in Starbound yet? I enjoyed the initial quest line from a while back
where you basically end up summoning that giant UFO
but it seems like there wasn't much after that in the way of quests, which is probably the only reason I would play it at this point. The sandbox/building games have kinda overstayed their welcome without some interesting campaign to go along with it.

In one of the Witcher 3 interviews from the other day, CDPR mentioned that every version will have a recap/questionnaire to catch up your save file.

That's what I'm talking about. I'm basically asking if there's a way to datamine my PC save to that I know the correct answers to the questionnaire. It's been years since I made those decisions.

Dr Dogg

Why ME never got a GOTY collection by now is beyond me.

Well they did half heartedly package up the Trillogy Collection which is the only way to get the meh Pinnacle Station and Amazon did have a few bundles for ME2 with DLC (though I think it was really just BP redemption codes) but they work out more expensive than the $ to £ conversion from buying them direct through Origin unless they go on sale again.

I may really hate the idea of repackaging up a game already on PC and only doing some slight work and selling it back to you but I'd be all over Mass Effect Rejazzled Edition
on Steam of course

autoduelist

So I don't know if you folks have noticed but there are a few peeps sporting tashes on their avatars. Been scratching my head for a day or two what on earth it could all be about but it pretty much looks like it's the avatar 'thing' for The Order 1886 (still sounds like a French lager) hype circus. The poor buggers.

Why is this necessary? I'm looking forward to it too. Looks like it could turn out to be a fantastic game. I'm not going to alter my avatar for it or any game, but... who cares what others are hyped for? Certainly no need to pity them or look down on them.

Grief.exe

That's what I'm talking about. I'm basically asking if there's a way to datamine my PC save to that I know the correct answers to the questionnaire. It's been years since I made those decisions.

I would imagine it will pop into your memory when given context. From the sound of it, will be an animated comic presentation.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Water, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Water, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Eldritch -- MB-1D462C8F519B14F7 - Taken by Sammichu. 7 entrants total.
Dead Bits -- MB-B4AA9CAA835469CD - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.

t1422473826z1.png

Dr Dogg

Why is this necessary? I'm looking forward to it too. Looks like it could turn out to be a fantastic game. I'm not going to alter my avatar for it or any game, but... who cares what others are hyped for? Certainly no need to pity them or look down on them.

Dude, lighten up. Every time you seem to respond to me it's because apparently something I've said has annoyed you in some way. If that's the case just put me on ignore and you'll be all the happier for it.

Whats the ETA on the GOTY stuff?
Sometime in February.
i miss this show
Google reverse search leads to nothing productive -_-
What is this show? I am always on the lookout for funny shows.

nyTOHVu.gif

wMSunk5.gif

keBGWiI.gif

XNqOs56.gif

PEF0OJR.gif

Woah. That's a lot, hah.

Gonna watch later. Super interested in Dying Light and when you were streaming it live, it was too late for me so I had to bail after a couple minutes.
Still haven't got any message from peeps here who can arrange a 10$ copy :/

Anyway, off to Dark Souls I go again.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I got a prompt response from Tecmo Koei.

Has there been any clarification regarding the pre-order bonuses? It'd be pretty scummy of TK to promise three costume packs but backpeddle at what was almost the eleventh hour because of a delay.

Jawmuncher

I thought it was all preorders before the take off we're getting them still? They better give me those 3 packs. I don't give a damn about Halloween costumes. It ain't even Halloween.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I thought it was all preorders before the take off we're getting them still? They better give me those 3 packs. I don't give a damn about Halloween costumes. It ain't even Halloween.

There's still only one pre-order sub (well, two if you include the one for Japan). Either everybody gets them or nobody does.

Why would something about the pre-order bonuses change?

People are suspicious/worried as the pre-purchase rewards info was completely removed following the announcement of the delay.

Edit: Oh, wait, it's back now. Well, the bars are still missing, but the bonuses are listed again. Crisis averted. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom