• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
slowpoke!!!! :p

image.jpg

fantomena

Well, Aspyr didn't bother to insert italian language in Indigo Remastered, even if in the preavious version you only need to modify an .ini or something like that to unlock italian audio and subs.
Also, they didn't add achievements or cards support. Not that is is a primary task, but even DoubleFine managed to put them on Grim Fandango.

This remastered really looks like a patch.

Well, I just needed Fahrenheit on Steam at all, so this does it for me.

Jawmuncher

That question is all kinds of bad.

Since even if it auto updates that doesn't fix it from breaking. It says console in a loose sense though. Do I die if I touch another PC as well?

Arthea

Spent 8 hours on Trails.
I really hope the plot gets a move, because basically on the prologue (yes, 8 hours just for the prologue) happened only one thing that made the story proceed.

Also the fact this was a PSP title is shown by the way every single mission is structured, very fast to complete, even bracer's sidequests.
But.
Those are Witcher-like side-quests, in which you need to go back and forth between the same screens too many times just to grab a mushroom, kill a monster or find some ingredients.

I like the characters and the combat system, but I REALLY hope that, from chapter 1 and so, the plot take a go, with you visiting more cities, exploring more dungeons etc.

Because if this is 60 hours all in four main locations, man, I'll take month to beat it, it would be boring.
don't worry it gets much more eventful later on. Don't forget to talk to NPCs, never ever forget that!

Lain

It just hit me that Raven's Cry is now supposed to come out on Jan 30th. I wonder if they'll wait the last minute to delay it some more once again tomorrow.

Lain

oh, I somehow forgot that, sorry
and yeah, prices seem to be on the rise constantly.

anyway, last bundlestars bundle is €3.23/$2.99, just to give you a picture how out of hand it's getting.

We're gonna start reminiscing the days when we had just 1:1 price conversions for our games, uh?

Dr Dogg

LEGO The Hobbit 2 in 2016?
Hey, it did
not
work for Indiana Jones

Don't give WB ideas :(

Actually I can't even find where it was said that the third film would get DLC treatment anymore.

You're dead to me.

Hey I like Jurassic Park just as much as the next guy (Crichton over Spielberg although The Lost World was pretty close to the second book) but TT usually crank out a LEGO game a year and now we've got 2 on the horizon I get the feeling that The Hobbit is going to get left behind. Or as Knurek says a separate game but much later.

Arthea

Yeah, I talk to NPC everytime I encounter one, luckily they have more things to say compared to Ys NPCs.
Also, can you meet monsters that give you a decent amount of exp? Because now, even when I beat boss, they give only a few exp points.
This morning I also wasted all my selyph (or whatever are called), I thought I can buy them from the dude that unlockc orbs, instead I sold them all :|

you can, but it's sorta spoiler because these are secret monsters, when you encounter fist ones you'll understand ;)
They are extremely hard to kill and not easy to encounter, don't get frustrated.
You can't buy sepith, don't waste it!

We're gonna start reminiscing the days when we had just 1:1 price conversions for our games, uh?

I'm afraid that's where we are heading now
I really hope it's temporary, because otherwise I'll join poor gaf, students kind of poor, even if I full-time work. (><)

don't worry it gets much more eventful later on. Don't forget to talk to NPCs, never ever forget that!

Much later, to be accurate.

But yeah, stick with it Snake, in the end you will thank us, trust me.
Take your time to appreciate the world and the characters. If you're playing it just to tick another box in your backlog then drop it now, you wont appreciate it. It's a long and slow build up to a great climax. You're supposed to enjoy the characters and really care for them, if you feel like you don't, not only do you not have a heart, but the game's ultimate pay-off will fall flat for you.

Jawmuncher

Don't give WB ideas :(

Actually I can't even find where it was said that the third film would get DLC treatment anymore.

Hey I like Jurassic Park just as much as the next guy (Crichton over Spielberg although The Lost World was pretty close to the second book) but TT usually crank out a LEGO game a year and now we've got 2 on the horizon I get the feeling that The Hobbit is going to get left behind. Or as Knurek says a separate game but much later.

Well if anything maybe when the movie comes out in bluray? Or the collection rather.

Aren't dinosaurs dead to you?
Why you gotta remind me.

a new Sherlock Holmes game
268x268.resizedimage

I was going to point out how confusing that name would be because I had an FMV game with that name back in the early 90s - back when you could really see the power of a CD-ROM by watching grainy-ass videos - when I clicked the link and realized it was the SAME DAMN GAME. You want impressions? I'll give you impressions right now.

The game consists of clicking names in a phone directory for people you can visit. Some give you videos with useful info, some give you videos with info that isn't useful or someone saying they can't help you, and some are just pictures of doors and Watson telling you that was unfruitful or they weren't home. Once you think you know who did it and why, you can go to the judge and be asked some questions. Get them right and you solve the case and win the game.

Once you solve it, inevitably you'll be given a bad score.

Unlike games like Tesla Effect or Laura Bow, which reward you for doing extra investigation and asking everyone about everything, this game PUNISHES you for talking to anyone who doesn't give you useful info. I guess in that respect it's more like Carmen Sandiego, where it's considered wasted time, only Carmen Sandiego has a fail state and this game gives you unlimited time to go see the judge. In order to get a perfect score, you must somehow only click the links that give you the right info (that number would be around seven) even if you would have had no idea to go to certain places without tips from the links flagged as unuseful.

It was impressive to look at when I was 13. The accomplishment of solving it was fun. Getting slapped with a bad score at the end... well have you ever played the Golden Axe arcade game? You plunk down quarter after quarter, you FINALLY beat the last boss, then they give you a D? That's what this game makes you feel.

dang! I thought it looked kinda familiar but thought I'm imagining things (><)
Thanks for your writeup.

It was one of the first games I played on my second computer - my 486 with VGA graphics. After upgrading from an XT with CGA, it was quite a mindblow, and a lot of those games stayed pretty clear in my memory. So yeah, you're welcome. I was confused as to how you called it "new." Researching, it was apparently remastered, but yeah it's by no means new.

Maniac

Banned
Glad as hell it turned out true. People called me crazy when I said it was possible ages back.

LETS GET FUCKING HYPED!

LEGO DINO CRISIS NEXT!?

PLEASE BE EXCITED

(I kind of am. Hopefully JW isn't a trite movie)
In Dying Light? Possibly, I'll get back go you on that after I get home from school.

But I somehow doubt it as Jim Sterling was also complaining about it and he got further into the game than I have so far. He said dont get too attach to your favorite weapon.

Also anyone who have Ryse on PC. How well does it run on a GTX 760? Or I guess just run normally. Good port?

You can mod the durability, if you want. It's a bit of a hassle and currently leads to weapons becoming *incredible* valuable, since endurance is part of the value equation. Until someone untangles the equation, I'd hold off doing so. But I reckon we'll see durability mods within a week or two.

And man, I'm glad I could disable the film grain and the (majority) of the Chromatic Aberration. Now I just need them to fix the god damn stutter :'[

All this talk about Life is Strange when i remember both the plot and basic gameplay design of Remember Me being pretty meh. only thing that really stuck out for me was its excellent art design and fantastic visuals. Even the story was middling and not well told, with characters just disappearing and most of the villains being cartoonishly depicted.

So Dontnod is making a telltale-style game now? I guess i'm sorta interested in seeing what comes of it.

All this talk about Life is Strange when i remember both the plot and basic gameplay design of Remember Me being pretty meh. only thing that really stuck out for me was its excellent art design and fantastic visuals. Even the story was middling and not well told, with characters just disappearing and most of the villains being cartoonishly depicted.

So Dontnod is making a telltale-style game now? I guess i'm sorta interested in seeing what comes of it.

There's a demo walkthrough. Lip syncs are totally off, writing seems to be corny, not sure about VAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom