• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
Yes? That's why the conversion pricing for games has never been consistent.
I wish Valve imposed fair conversion rates. It's ridiculous how much power they hold in the PC space without even leveraging it at all.

All this talk about Life is Strange when i remember both the plot and basic gameplay design of Remember Me being pretty meh. only thing that really stuck out for me was its excellent art design and fantastic visuals. Even the story was middling and not well told, with characters just disappearing and most of the villains being cartoonishly depicted.

So Dontnod is making a telltale-style game now? I guess i'm sorta interested in seeing what comes of it.

Honestly, I always felt Remember Me was being held back by the fact that it was an action-focused shootfest. Life is Strange certainly intrigues me a great deal more, and if they can manage a solid, competent female protag again, I'm all for it. We don't get enough of 'em.
Life is Strange has no QTEs supposedly so that automatically disqualifies the Telltale comparisons.

So you're telling me it has the potential for fun gameplay? If so, I might have to buy it. TT games are fucking trite when it comes to... Well, gameplay. Telltale isn't very good at making videogames, imo.

Arthea

Yeah, I talk to NPC everytime I encounter one, luckily they have more things to say compared to Ys NPCs.
Also, can you meet monsters that give you a decent amount of exp? Because now, even when I beat boss, they give only a few exp points.
This morning I also wasted all my selyph (or whatever are called), I thought I can buy them from the dude that unlocks orbs, instead I sold them all :|

forgot to mention most important thing!

if you are getting very little xp in tens, it means you are overlevelled for this particular region, you'll get more when you move to the next one.
This holds true for every region. It's not advised to overlevel, as you can understand, balance and all that.

Life is Strange has no QTEs supposedly so that automatically disqualifies the Telltale comparisons.

well, these are good news if I ever have read some. Now I only need your impressions that's nothing like Gone Home and I'll wishlist it. ;)

It's obviously a French moviegame.

You still get the full amount of sepith. Which can be traded for money or orbs.

true too, both points!

Knurek

All this talk about Life is Strange when i remember both the plot and basic gameplay design of Remember Me being pretty meh. only thing that really stuck out for me was its excellent art design and fantastic visuals. Even the story was middling and not well told, with characters just disappearing and most of the villains being cartoonishly depicted.

It's obviously a French moviegame.

if you are getting very little xp in tens, it means you are overlevelled for this particular region, you'll get more when you move to the next one.
This holds true for every region. It's not advised to overlevel, as you can understand, balance and all that.

You still get the full amount of sepith. Which can be traded for money or orbs.

Dr Dogg

Sooo if I get this right then Dead or Alive 5: Last Round on PC isn't really the Last Round version at all. It's like deja vu back to Dynasty Warriors 8 again.

Played through the first chapter of Ryse and I didn't notice any issues. I played through most of it on XB1 before so I know what to expect with the game. I enjoyed it then and still do. I was going to buy it on PC eventually but with the $9.99 price it was a no-brainer for me.

Jawmuncher

I've been bamboozled with DOA 5.
Though if the modding community is there it's all good. They can kiss my ass if they think I'm gonna buy any dlc though for their half ass effort.

Tizoc

I've been bamboozled with DOA 5.
Though if the modding community is there it's all good. They can kiss my ass if they think I'm gonna buy any dlc though for their half ass effort.

Yo Jaw, It hink there's a questionairre of some sorts for the upcoming JoJo Eyes of Heaven game, you might wanna try your chances at getting more dinosaurs on Steam that way.

Dr Dogg

Pathetic. Glad I kept my money away from it now.

It's another Catch 22. Buy it and potentially enable them, don't buy it and potentially send the signal of non interest on PC. Fingers crossed TK have been listening to the more constructive feedback over their last couple of releases. End of the day I think someone needs to forward Tecmo Koei Durante's 'What PC games want in a port' article.

rtcn63

I'm desperate for something to play, and inclined to jump on the Ryse deal. What are the odds of it going for less than a tenner in the next year?

fantomena

When i first saw a trailer for this i only watched a couple of seconds and instantly wrote it of as a game i had on my android.

Glad for the playthroughs on gaf though or it might have slipped by!!!

I especially enjoyed the art style and the design. A really good looking game. Will most likely be a indie sleeper hit.

derExperte

Many complaints about glitches in Grim Fandango in the OT. Most are playing on consoles but stuff like certain music/sounds not playing when they should is universal.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Sooo if I get this right then Dead or Alive 5: Last Round on PC isn't really the Last Round version at all. It's like deja vu back to Dynasty Warriors 8 again.

yeah, I think you're right ... I mean - if only the "next-gen" versions get those things ... and PC doesn't .... this could only mean we're actually getting the "old" version

I seriously doubt they'd be making a completely different, third version of the game just for PC, right?

so I guess this also means no new soft engine for us either

It's another Catch 22. Buy it and potentially enable them, don't buy it and potentially send the signal of non interest on PC.

"This vending machine only sells apples."

"Oh, well I like apples."

"Whenever they're restocked, the guy puts the new, good apples in the back, so he can sell the older, bad apples first."

"Hmm. Well why don't we buy up all the bad apples, so then we can get to the good apples?"

"No, if you do that then they'll think you like bad apples, and that's all you'll get."

"So...how do we get the good apples?"

"You don't."

Chariot

you guys are acting like there won't be 20 mods for Jill Valentine within 12 hours of that game's release
It's a matter of principle. Them publishers ain't showing us no respect. We is slammed into the ground, despite having all the potential to get the best out of them games. Maybe they are just scared of us.

Speaking of which. I hope that that Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires got everything together. Otherwise I am gonna be maaa~~~d.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Stages also out of PC version? I thought it was just hairs and customizations. Oh well I paid cheap so wont complain much.

Tizoc

It's occured to me that there may not be enough Rhythm games on Steam, only one I can think of is Space Channel 5. What Rhythm games are actually on Steam and good?
H2pzuMo.gif

If you give me the link I'll do it.

Hope it's still going, here ya go mate
CC2 is taking suggestions for Eyes of Heaven. Everyone put in the characters and modes you want as well as asking for it to be released in NA/EU

*Also maybe a PC port too

Maniac

Banned
yeah, I think you're right ... I mean - if only the "next-gen" versions get those things ... and PC doesn't .... this could only mean we're actually getting the "old" version

I seriously doubt they'd be making a completely different, third version of the game just for PC, right?

so I guess this also means no new soft engine for us either

But I want* my simulated booby gravity bouncyness thingiemajiggidy :(

I don't have any interest in the game whatsoever. I've not really liked new fighters since Tekken... 5? and DBZ Budokai 3. They will forever be thé shit, and they subsequently made everything that came after feel incredibly boring.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What does no customizations mean for DOA? And which stages are missing? I can't keep up with the downgrades

The new hairstyles added for Last Round wont be in the PC version but the old hairstyles on the PS3 and 360 versions will be in. As for the stages I dont see mention of the stage part but PS3 and 360 wont get those 2 stages so the guess is that it wont happen. Costumes and all characters will be in tho.

Need them exclusives, son.

Yep. I'd say no to that question, and I'm poor.

Even though I don't own any of the consoles this gen and I don't see myself buying one for the foreseeable future if at all this gen, I can't lock myself out of Nintendo and Sony exclusives forever. That's crazy talk.

Grief.exe

Just discovered that Metroid Prime Trilogy released on Wii U. Fuck. Gonna hand more money to Nintendo now. Sorry, Gabe.

If I get enough time, I will follow along with my GameCube copy on Dolphin.

I wonder if they will be able to afford a patch for it. Definitely a bit disappointing.

Many complaints about glitches in Grim Fandango in the OT. Most are playing on consoles but stuff like certain music/sounds not playing when they should is universal.

There are frequent little visual bugs and glitches. Taken by themselves, it's not a big deal, but they add up.

Jawmuncher

Who said anything about Steam's own storefront?
Wel that kind of reflects sale prices. We have GameStop Ryse at 9.99 and no other retailer has had a price even close to that. There's also no deep silver sale or anything going on.
So just because GameStop is at 9.99 doesn't mean we'll see lower. Though it does raise the possibility. Like. Said at the end though, if it's something youll play now, buy it now. If you're on the fence PC games always get cheaper except for rare circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom