• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Today GAF, I learned that Saoirse is pronounced as 'Sersha'.

actually it's pronounced 'Throatwobbler Mangrove' ;)

and I'm probably the only one who understands that reference (without google) ... I'm old ; _ ;

Mr. Doop

taoxal.gif

Slow and steady wins the race.

Knurek

I don't want to derail this thread or anything, but euro dropping is worrisome... like not our life was too easy before this.
Then again, I can stop buying games altogether

Euro is not dropping, is it? It's just dollar getting stronger?
Same result, I know, but different meaning...

Shadownet

Banned
You sure there aren't skills that give you more accurate strikes and slow the degradation?
In Dying Light? Possibly, I'll get back go you on that after I get home from school.

But I somehow doubt it as Jim Sterling was also complaining about it and he got further into the game than I have so far. He said dont get too attach to your favorite weapon.

Also anyone who have Ryse on PC. How well does it run on a GTX 760? Or I guess just run normally. Good port?

Milamber

In Dying Light? Possibly, I'll get back go you on that after I get home from school.

But I somehow doubt it as Jim Sterling was also complaining about it and he got further into the game than I have so far. He said dong get too attach to your favorite weapon.

The duping trick still works in Dying Light so you can have all your favourite weapons.

Arthea

Euro is not dropping, is it? It's just dollar getting stronger?
Same result, I know, but different meaning...

definitely dropping, also prices are rising, all of them. Don't you notice?
Hopefully it go up again before we get even higher game prices, tho, which already are more or less insane.

Knurek

definitely dropping, also prices are rising, all of them. Don't you notice?
Hopefully it go up again before we get even higher game prices, tho, which already are more or less insane.

Poland is not in Eurozone. :)
And it's been my experience so far that prices are alway rising.
Only time they didn't is when we had redenomination back in 1995 that had the currency cut by 1/10000th.

_hekk05

Banned
i hate paypal so so much

but its my only path to cheap psn cash, so I put up with its bullshit

hopefully my buyer puts up with my bullshit too

also if they mess with my nep purchase I will do nothing because I can't do shit

Arthea

Poland is not in Eurozone. :)
And it's been my experience so far that prices are alway rising.
Only time they didn't is when we had redenomination back in 1995 that had the currency cut by 1/10000th.

oh, I somehow forgot that, sorry
and yeah, prices seem to be on the rise constantly.

anyway, last bundlestars bundle is €3.23/$2.99, just to give you a picture how out of hand it's getting.

i hate paypal so so much

but its my only path to cheap psn cash, so I put up with its bullshit

hopefully my buyer puts up with my bullshit too

also if they mess with my nep purchase I will do nothing because I can't do shit

what's wrong with paypal, it's as unproblematic as possible!

DocSeuss

But I somehow doubt it as Jim Sterling was also complaining about it and he got further into the game than I have so far. He said dont get too attach to your favorite weapon.

Also anyone who have Ryse on PC. How well does it run on a GTX 760? Or I guess just run normally. Good port?

There are. Also a skill that gives you more chances to repair.

anyway, last bundlestars bundle is €3.23/$2.99, just to give you a picture how out of hand it's getting.

Yeah, I kinda regret getting the bundle

I got it mostly for Kick Ass 2 which I doubt will ever get cheap on steam, but between the crappy dollar/euro conversion and the taxes bundles are becoming slightly too expensive for my taste (._.)

Knurek

what's wrong with paypal, it's as unproblematic as possible!

Paypal is great until they all of a sudden take your money hostage. Sometimes for months at a time.
(PROTIP: Never put more than €50 in your Paypal balance).

//EDIT

Never change, Japan
Possibly NSFW

I have had much than €50 in my paypal, never had problem. Why would they take hostage of your money?

Paypal account freeze
Take it with a grain of salt, given that it actively advertises a Paypal competitor...
Here's more info, slightly more respectable website.

Deques

Paypal is great until they all of a sudden take your money hostage. Sometimes for months at a time.
(PROTIP: Never put more than €50 in your Paypal balance).

I have had much more than €50 in my paypal, never had problem. Why would they take hostage of your money?

Milamber

If you want the minimum amount of trouble with PayPal, then just link your prepaid debit card to it. Any purchases made through paypal will have Paypal deduct through your card. That way there is no money in your paypal account, unless you're on the receiving end.

Seriously, get a prepaid VISA card to handle your paypal shit.

"Please enter a country"

Ok....there are no countries in the drop down. Great.

Yeah...main site is down apparently so I tried the mobile site but can't checkout no matter if I choose to use PayPal or not because it doesn't let you pick a country

I'm in the US btw...how the system doesn't recognize that based on my address is beyond me

Dr Dogg

One thing I love about PC gaming, if not one of the most loved aspects, is going back to older titles with updated hardware.

So I bought, played and finished L.A. Noire over 3 years ago (back when I used to actually finished games) but my experience was a little rough. Had to stick to the DX9 renderer and lower most of the setting to get a smooth experience but I was content and clocked in 34 hours. Did help I enjoyed the game too.

Now in my finger strumming wait for GTA V I decided to reinstall it last night and what a difference a new CPU an GPU makes. Can quite happily run the game flat out (DX11 renderer is still a bit wonky as is the multithreading support) but with an added twist of running it at 3840x2160 and never go over 60% GPU usage. Frametimes are pretty much spot on as well which was far from the case in my first experience.

Who needs remasters!

Arthea

greenlight update:
12 games were greenlit yesterday, amongst those:
Trackday Manager
Flamingo!
The Bug Butcher
AEROBAT - Absurdly high-speed arcade shmup-like
Slasher's Keep
VHS Story

Fantasy Mosaics series still not greenlit.

new additions:
some arcade game which seems slightly too complicated for it's own good (judging by the trailer)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=382773307

a new kickstarter VN

a new Sherlock Holmes game
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=367724566

one more RPG that says it mixes strategy and RPG genres, looks like an ARPG to me.
has competitive multi?

Chariot

well i'm an ever changing persona and now i'm feeling ahri :p
Well, I liked every persona so far and that Ahri is classy. Just meant to say that the Ori was especially cute.

you do understand that this is the best game in your library?
just checking
I would argue that, but I can't because I didn't actually play it.

Today GAF, I learned that Saoirse is pronounced as 'Sersha'.
I don't know why it come seven times in a row, but this is how I pronounced that name until now: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0QVDcgGttfu

MadGear

Damn it, I just remembered that I wanted to get Guild Wars 2 for 10€ because when i previously tried to buy it their store was fucked up ... in the end I totally forgot about it -.-
Anyone know how often they discount that game?

Deques

Damn it, I just remembered that I wanted to get Guild Wars 2 for 10€ because when i previously tried to buy it their store was fucked up ... in the end I totally forgot about it -.-
Anyone know how often they discount that game?

Last one was 2 months ago. It was 50% off then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom