• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Wel that kind of reflects sale prices. We have GameStop Ryse at 9.99 and no other retailer has had a price even close to that. There's also no deep silver sale or anything going on.
So just because GameStop is at 9.99 doesn't mean we'll see lower. Though it does raise the possibility. Like. Said at the end though, if it's something youll play now, buy it now. If you're on the fence PC games always get cheaper except for rare circumstances.

If Nintendo games are on PC. It would be those rare circumstances.

FoneBone

Wel that kind of reflects sale prices. We have GameStop Ryse at 9.99 and no other retailer has had a price even close to that. There's also no deep silver sale or anything going on.
So just because GameStop is at 9.99 doesn't mean we'll see lower.

In the next week? No. In the next year? Come the heck on.

The new hairstyles added for Last Round wont be in the PC version but the old hairstyles on the PS3 and 360 versions will be in. As for the stages I dont see mention of the stage part but PS3 and 360 wont get those 2 stages so the guess is that it wont happen. Costumes and all characters will be in tho.

Doesn't sound too bad, but kind of makes me weary of the quality of the PC port. Let's hope mods will be easy.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
TK at least give us these for half assing the PC version.
B8hhHirCEAInh0Q.jpg

My address is leakable TK

Turfster

GMG has Sword of the Stars Complete 80% off
Gamersgate has 1C War Games Collection 94% off
Bundlestars has Tropico 4 88% off, 5 65% off

Bret Airborne keys now available for Groupees Steampunk 3

Hmmm, is that Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective game released on Steam already? I see no links... I hope it's not region locked, it was my first PC-CD game as a kid. The game came with The Times copies you could read and it was awesome at the time, couldn't stop going "Whoaaaa!" like those old '90s ads.

So, seems everything comes out tomorrow. Stardust Vanguards, Neptunia, errr, what else? Come on, GAF, someone kindly provide an update! Life is Strange I already checked that out, not my cup of tea. Grey Goo is more of my liking but $50 is a tad too pricey for my third world currency, may have to wait for a discount.

Uzzy

It's another Catch 22. Buy it and potentially enable them, don't buy it and potentially send the signal of non interest on PC. Fingers crossed TK have been listening to the more constructive feedback over their last couple of releases. End of the day I think someone needs to forward Tecmo Koei Durante's 'What PC games want in a port' article.

Yeah, I hope they do. It's depressing because I want to see more fighting games on PC, but if we get half-arsed ports like DOA5:LR is looking to be, or just as bad, ports that aren't even available in large parts of the world like the recent BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, then it's hard to justify dropping money on supporting them. But then you end up with future titles not even coming.

Lomax

Yeah, I hope they do. It's depressing because I want to see more fighting games on PC, but if we get half-arsed ports like DOA5:LR is looking to be, or just as bad, ports that aren't even available in large parts of the world like the recent BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, then it's hard to justify dropping money on supporting them. But then you end up with future titles not even coming.

Well it does at least seem like the "mainstream" fighting titles are fully on board with the PC now, with at least MKX and SFV. Though I really have to wonder how well MKX is going to do at the $60 price point. I bought MK9 when it released from GMG for $22.50, and if MKX was at the $30 price point I'd probably consider it (ie base price of $40 with a 25% off coupon), but at $60 ($45 with coupon) it definitely goes into the "wait for a sale" pile, which with WB games usually means waiting for a price drop and 75% off.

Jawmuncher

Well it does at least seem like the "mainstream" fighting titles are fully on board with the PC now, with at least MKX and SFV. Though I really have to wonder how well MKX is going to do at the $60 price point. I bought MK9 when it released from GMG for $22.50, and if MKX was at the $30 price point I'd probably consider it (ie base price of $40 with a 25% off coupon), but at $60 ($45 with coupon) it definitely goes into the "wait for a sale" pile, which with WB games usually means waiting for a price drop and 75% off.

Yeah MKX is not a day 1 for me at the high price. Especially since we know a gold edition or something will be happening.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not sure if it had been mentioned yet but the Apotheon Humble bundle keys are up.

Thanks for the heads-up. Just to clarify before someone curses their luck: they're Humble Store/Widget keys (the game hasn't been bundled).

Lomax

Yeah MKX is not a day 1 for me at the high price. Especially since we know a gold edition or something will be happening.

Funny thing is I gladly paid $70 for MK2 when it released on the SNES over 20 years ago. Oh how times have changed. I'll admit I felt a little burnt when the price dropped so quickly on MK9 (it was under $10 within 2 months), though I don't regret what I spent on it. But I'd be hard pressed to even imagine a game at this point I'd be willing to spend over $40 for, I just have too much to play already.

Turfster

Daily Royale has Why So Evil 80% off

Games Republic has Crusader Kings II, Cities in Motion 1&2 and Knights of Pen and Paper 66% off

Pachimari

Stages also out of PC version? I thought it was just hairs and customizations. Oh well I paid cheap so wont complain much.

Yeah, I payed cheap too.

But still, sucks not getting the whole package. Especially as I have always heard, the PC versions of games are the ultimate versions. But I have learned there's also a bunch of half-assed ports.

JaseC

Oh, nice, the Apotheon keys given to Humble are tied to the beta testing sub, so I can play the game right now.

JaseC

Anyone know if there's a place to get Apotheon for cheap like $10ish cheap?

The official website is still the only place selling the game at this stage. There was a special early bird discount of 33% and it lasted for ages.

Edit: Ffoiajsaoifjsoiaj

Tizoc

The official website is the only way to buy the game at this stage. There was a special early bird discount of 33% and it lasted for ages.

Edit: Ffoiajsaoifjsoiaj

I sadly never knew of the game until its discount dropped to 10% =/

MadGear

Last one was 2 months ago. It was 50% off then

Ah thanks, but I hope there will be another one at 75% off before the expansion is released. I also just noticed that the store is only messed up when viewed with Firefox ... I didn't even consider it to be a browser related issue. If the game was on steam this would not have happened ;)

Terra_Ex

Is Yakuza 4 any good?
Never played a chapter of the series.

Yes, very good and supremely underrated series. 4 might actually be a good starting point for newcomers since there are multiple protagonists (and by extension fighting styles) in that game. For the full experience though, you'll want to go back and play the first 3, nothing stopping you from going back and doing this later though. I would strongly advise against starting with 3, though.

Hopefully Sega will just randomly decide to port the whole series to PC out of the blue one day...

Annubis

Is Yakuza 4 any good?

Yakuza 4 is incredible and you don't have to worry about the history of the serie because there is a theater in 4 where you can watch movies about what happened.
EDIT: not a location in the game 'theater'; an option in the main menu

(do it do it do it)

Terra_Ex

Is the game style still based off having to craft everything? Only thing I have hated about the series after playing both on PC.
I have the same question as well. The battle system certainly looks to be inspired by the original Valkyrie Profile though seemingly not executed as smoothly.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Is the game style still based off having to craft everything? Only thing I have hated about the series after playing both on PC.

What I have played I havent had to deal with that yet as Im starting but gamefaqs do mention some craftbooks so it might still be around?

Tizoc

Is Yakuza 4 any good?

I will continue to BELIEVE in the day when the Yakuza series grace Steam.
id3Wk4uPkMgYY.gif

Then Jase will know the most badass video game series he never played, along with the Ys series which he really should play already.

Turfster

IndieRoyale Plug-in Digital bundle
Price: 2.01$
  • Raiden Legacy
  • The Return
  • Mysterious Cities of Gold
  • Soldiers vs Aliens
  • Rage Runner
  • Type Rider
  • TEC 3001
  • Meltdown
  • Mechanic Escape
  • Triblaster
  • World War 1 Centennial Edition

Groupees has reservations up for their next Greenlight bundle

Bundlestars Touchdown bundle
Price: 2.15€
  • Front Page Sports Football
  • GAUGE
  • Foosball Street
  • Bloodbath
  • New Star Soccer 5
  • Ducati World Championship
  • Governor of Poker 2 Premium
  • Chicken Shoot Gold

I will continue to BELIEVE in the day when the Yakuza series grace Steam.
id3Wk4uPkMgYY.gif

Then Jase will know the most badass video game series he never played, along with the Ys series which he really should play already.

Instead of Half Life 3, maybe Valve should throw some money at getting this ported? I'm not joking either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom