• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Wish me luck, the first Alone in the Dark: Illumination beta starts in less than an hour. Let's see if it's as horrible as the internet believes it'll be.

Jawmuncher

Is not a price mistake, they advertised the deal before some days before it went online.
Oh well. Point still applies. U.S. still costs 19.99 on steam so it's not that bad. There have been Euro Store prices worth being jealous of in the past as well.
Is Ryse worth $10 to play through?
I think so. Definitley worth the price and if you can play coop arena mode you'll get even more out of it. It's a fun brawler that doesn't over stay it's welcome. If you want to play it right now get it. If you're really unsure just wait.

Jawmuncher

Wish me luck, the first Alone in the Dark: Illumination beta starts in less than an hour. Let's see if it's as horrible as the internet believes it'll be.

It was looking like it will be good for what it is.
But will be "bad" because it's not scary. Basically what RE is going through .

AHA-Lambda

X-posting because indie games and Steam go hand-in-hand.

My Let's Play of Monstrum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibZRcZCPMr0

L6chznp.gif

Quick Impressions: As far as Early Access titles go, Monstrum is already promising. In a nutshell, Monstrum is a Roguelike Survival Horror game. Levels are procedurally generated and there is permadeath.

Currently there are two monsters, each with their own hunting pattern and three possible ways to escape. You need to explore the random levels looking for different parts to aid in one of the three escape routes. On my second attempt, I found a submarine and I had the submarine battery, but I didn't have a fuse to control the initialization.

You can only carry a limited amount of items. Some of them can aid you, like smashable objects to draw the attention of monsters to a certain area or radios that can continuously emit noise.

Inventory management is essential in escaping. The final game has plans for three bosses.

My only complaint is that steam can kill you with one hit. Steam.​

I actually know one of the devs working on this :)
Just had to mention that :p

Chariot

Fuck, Darkest Dungeon unlocks at 10am pacific. I was hoping that we get our keys earlier. Now I really have to think about what to play first >_<

Humble Made in Spain bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Nihilumbra
  • Spy Chameleon
  • AR-K
TIER 2: BTA
  • Full Mojo Rampage
  • Deadlight
TIER 3: 10$
  • Pixel Piracy
  • Unepic

Unepic spanish voice dialog is really funny. Didn't know that Deadlight was from a Spanish developer. Will buy the $1 tier since I have those two.

Btw, does the page defaults to Spanish language for everybody else? Nice touch if it does.

derExperte

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nihilumbra -- MB-5AEC9992D4D76621 - Taken by Deques. 5 entrants total.

t1422559871z1.png

Phawx

I actually know one of the devs working on this :)
Just had to mention that :p

You should tell him that he did a good job and deserves kudos. The game is dope. The feeling of finding the submarine when I had the submarine batteries, I was like:

NicholsonShiningHeadNod.gif

But then when I realized I had used a fuse to open a extraneous door I was like:

nooooooooooooooo.jpeg

Really? that's how much the remaster costed? lol if true.

nah it's just an ebin maymay directed at double fine, they got this amount of money on kickstarter for broken age and it was waaaay more that the asked amount
they blew through all the cash and only managed to deliver one act and i think they launched (will launch ?) another kickstarter for act 2

Kiru

nah it's just an ebin maymay directed at double fine, they got this amount of money on kickstarter for broken age and it was waaaay more that the asked amount
they blew through all the cash and only managed to deliver one act and i think they launched (will launch ?) another kickstarter for act 2

2571721-2352528914-tim-s.gif

Phawx

Gorp

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Phawx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xheRJRF.gif
Chicken Shoot Gold -- MB-7415FE5581DF8C3D - Taken by lindarasta
GAUGE -- MB-28367551AFE24420 - Taken by Loptous
Ducati World Championship -- MB-C0053F01FD11004C - Taken by nightstorm

rtcn63

Olli has always looked like a 2D version of Skate to me. I disliked Skate's controls, particularly the use of the analog stick to do tricks.

louiedog

Well this is all very wrong.

They never pitched a game. The kickstarter was to document and make a game from start to finish. It became popular, got a lot of money, and so they game they designed post-kickstarter (which was always the plan) was bigger than what they originally planned to make with the goal budget of $200-$250k or whatever it was after documentary, fees, rewards, etc.

This is why when you see people say "BLAGHGHGHAHGH! The game is so much later than what they PROMISED in the kickstarter pitch." is stupid. Of course the bigger budget, larger scope game takes longer than the tiny one.

"They blew through all the cash" Yeah. They used up the Kickstarter money and have financed it through other means since then. Act 2 is finishing up right now and is coming this spring. There is no second kickstarter. People like to spread around a lot of FUD about this project. Don't listen to people who spend all of their time being angry on the internet. They lie.

Vazduh

I remember I read somewhere that OlliOlli 2 will be time exlusive for Playstation for a very long time.

Hmmm, let's see:

Much like the original, which was awarded GameSpot's Game of the Month in January, OlliOlli2 will begin as a console exclusive on PlayStation 4 and PS Vita.

After six months from release, the studio is free to port the game to other systems, including Xbox One and PC, which is perhaps a little surprising since Sony is funding the project.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/olliolli2-revealed-can-roll7-repeat-the-trick-on-p/1100-6422534/

So, HoMM3 HD is a disgusting mess. Wow.

No expansions means the game is missing factions and scenarios, not to mention the random map generator, which means scenarios are all you can play.

Ubisoft works hard at being the worst, I'll give them that.

Lomax

So, HoMM3 HD is a disgusting mess. Wow.

No expansions means the game is missing factions and scenarios, not to mention the random map generator, which means scenarios are all you can play.

Ubisoft works hard at being the worst, I'll give them that.

Random maps in HOMM3 were garbage anyway, user made maps were always better. Besides, it's not like the PC version had much point anyways, to me it was always about getting a tablet version and I've yet to hear much about that.

Ozium

Spain

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nihilumbra -- MB-39833422020958E5 - Taken by GaussTek. 7 entrants total.

t1422562331z1.png

Tizoc

Wow, Dragon's Dogma Online seems...Dragon's Dogma :D
Any plan for an EU release?
I still need to complete the Dark Arisen stuff on PS3 :S

We might get a confirmed western release during E3 and then GAF will flip/crash/go supernova for it, when it is very obvious it'd get an english release.

Awesome, I just noticed that Transformice is coming to Steam soon. It's a weird massively multiplayer platformer that pits players against eachother, while helped or hindered by a randomly-selected game master (also a player). I played it when it was browser-based flash game several years ago and found it to be a lot of fun, so hopefully this Steam version is equally enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom