• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys im back in school after missing a whole semester. Only one class tho cause of the cost, Advance programming. Im so nervous, havent promgrammed shit since last time I was in schol, im always working and used my few hours of peace to... well, relax :x wish me luck. Start in about 20 minutes

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Oh man Agarest 2 just keeps getting better. Faster pacing than the other two games, looks better and the performance is slightly decent.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well it looks like Sekai Project just announced another VN on Steam by the person who wrote Narcissu:

https://marginal.sekaiproject.com/
The latest visual novel from Tomo Kataoka, the creator of acclaimed free visual novel Narcissu, will be brought to Steam by Sekai Project!

A serious visual novel telling the story of a man who steps into an elevator, only to find himself transported to a strange and mysterious world.

In this world, there is no time, no aging, no hunger, not even death. There is nothing to be seen but weathered stone, white clouds, and endless rain.

Narcissu is pretty good so expecting something worthwhile.

Chariot

Sekai Project is releasing a new Visual Novel in midlate 2015, you can pre-order already for a future steam key. I have no idea what this novel is.

edit: Infinite NEIN

--
Guys im back in school after missing a whole semester. Only one class tho cause of the cost, Advance programming. Im so nervous, havent promgrammed shit since last time I was in schol, im always working and used my few hours of peace to... well, relax :x wish me luck. Start in about 20 minutes
May your path be blessed.

too bad this picture has like stupid boobs cos like the face is really good

anyways, i'll feel ori at some point again, no fear

<3
I'm looking forward to it :)

Really enjoying Wasteland 2 right now. I was getting owned in Prison so I decided to go back and do some side missions, only to realize that I had totally forgotten how to play the game in the past ~2 months I didn't play the game. Things started going much more smoother after that.

XShagrath

Best of luck. What language are you going to be using?

zkylon

zkylewd
pc store has been lke maybe tomorrow maybe tomorrow maybe tomorrow maybe tomorrow since monday ughhh

i finished welcome to the nhk and i'm watching the devs play thing, i went to the movies twice, visited relatives... i don't know what to do anymore ;_;

Chariot

pc store has been lke maybe tomorrow maybe tomorrow maybe tomorrow maybe tomorrow since monday ughhh

i finished welcome to the nhk and i'm watching the devs play thing, i went to the movies twice, visited relatives... i don't know what to do anymore ;_;
Read the manga "Centaur's Worries".

Vazra

I'm too lazy to check back but is the weapon obtaining different or is it still crafting.

-----

Good luck HeroPrinny
Haven't done any crafting yet. There is an overworld and different towns and shops to visit but I saw there are crafting books around. There are some weapons at stores too but crafting is still in. I expect the good weapons to be done via crafting.

Naah, you need to face your "fear". Go home would meanonly postpone what you need to do. Better do it soon.
I know I know >_>
Sekai Project is releasing a new Visual Novel in midlate 2015, you can pre-order already for a future steam key. I have no idea what this novel is.

edit: Infinite NEIN

--May your path be blessed.

I'm looking forward to it :)

Best of luck. What language are you going to be using?
Thanks bros, and its C++. If youre familiar you should tell me so I know who to seek out when I need help :3

Jawmuncher

Haven't done any crafting yet. There is an overworld and different towns and shops to visit but I saw there are crafting books around. There are some weapons at stores too but crafting is still in. I expect the good weapons to be the done via crafting.

Uggggh. Looks like I gotta deal with that again.
I enjoyed the first 2 aagarest games but farming monsters and shit to get better weapons took that away. Looks like I'll just cheat again for that stuff.

louiedog

Woo?

1245361e99.png

Vazra

Uggggh. Looks like I gotta deal with that again.
I enjoyed the first 2 aagarest games but farming monsters and shit to get better weapons took that away. Looks like I'll just cheat again for that stuff.
I dont know but this game feels more welcoming so I dont mind it much. The battles don't drag as much as the previous games.(bless the combos , specials and party attacks)

Dr Dogg

So when the last two Character Action titles I've played being Bayo 2 and Rising it's surprising how much a walk in the park DmC is. Just popped it on in interests of seeing if it has the chops to still in the running for Definitive Editioness (5120x2160 and didn't drop a beat under 60) and pretty much ran rings around enemy's.

Personally I think I'm cool with DmC Deffo Ed skipping PC if DMC4: Special Ed comes instead.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
So when the last two Character Action titles I've played being Bayo 2 and Rising it's surprising how much a walk in the park DmC is. Just popped it on in interests of seeing if it has the chops to still in the running for Definitive Editioness (5120x2160 and didn't drop a beat under 60) and pretty much ran rings around enemy's.

Personally I think I'm cool with DmC Deffo Ed skipping PC if DMC4: Special Ed comes instead.

Well the DmC DE seems to put in more old school style DMC play and ranking with the Hardcore Mode option checked. (Watching the stream it's literally a make it like the old DMC games checkmark, but the Capcom guy playing downplaying aspects of it kinda made me want to beat him with a stick.)

I do want DMC4:SE on PC overall though and I'll probably stick with the PS4 version till it gets announced.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Spy Chameleon -- MB-9B2806189685EBA4 - Taken by Benedict
Nihilumbra -- MB-6692D4DB874C390D - Taken by anastef

Tizoc

Eh I won't beat around the bush
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Spy Chameleon -- MB-FDCC946077E64526 - Taken by mrks. 2 entrants total.
Nihilumbra -- MB-3CE6DFA89EDF471A - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 7 entrants total.
AR-K -- MB-24E6109AC4AED87E - Taken by redlacs. 6 entrants total.

t1422565091z1.png

dex3108

You are actually living normal life for a change :D

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Working on some new Enhanced Steam features for the new release which will hopefully be done by tomorrow or maybe this weekend:

Dr Dogg

Well the DmC DE seems to put in more old school style DMC play and ranking with the Hardcore Mode option checked. (Watching the stream it's literally a make it like the old DMC games checkmark, but the Capcom guy playing downplaying aspects of it kinda made me want to beat him with a stick.)

I do want DMC4:SE on PC overall though and I'll probably stick with the PS4 version till it gets announced.

I've got a bit of a soft spot for DmC and it's definitely Ninja Theory's best game to date but it's just a tad lacking in certain areas when compared to the big boys. Saying that a couple of the new modes in the console rerelease sound awesome, Must Style Mode and Gods Must Die Mode. I'll probably keep an eye on it as it's not long until it's out but Virgil in DMC4 is a tantalising prospect.

Never know with Capcom and their crazy decisions towards PC but hey ho I've just gone and reinstalled DMC 4 for my fix whilst waiting (hopefully not for long).

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I've got a bit of a soft spot for DmC and it's definitely Ninja Theory's best game to date but it's just a tad lacking in certain areas when compared to the big boys. Saying that a couple of the new modes in the console rerelease sound awesome, Must Style Mode and Gods Must Die Mode. I'll probably keep an eye on it as it's not long until it's out but Virgil in DMC4 is a tantalising prospect.

Never know with Capcom and their crazy decisions towards PC but hey ho I've just gone and reinstalled DMC 4 for my fix whilst waiting (hopefully not for long).

I'm hoping save data carries over if they do announce a PC version of SE since getting all those points for Nero and Dante's move sets was a pain,

I have DmC and i'm tempted to play the OG version since a lot of the stuff they seem to be fixing is for the hardcore DMC fan, which as a guy who just kinda liked those games but didn't think much of them seemed like the wrong way to go about things.

It's nice that they seem to be appealing to the DMC crowd but i just want to play a fun action game and i dont care for frame cancels or lock-on tactics or whatever. Just make the stupid thing fun and stupid

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
It's nice that they seem to be appealing to the DMC crowd but i just want to play a fun action game and i dont care for frame cancels or lock-on tactics or whatever. Just make the stupid thing fun and stupid

I don't really find automating combat mechanics and locking out combo possibilities with it too fun but it's a simple checkbox to switch between the old style of play and the DmC style of play so everyone gets what they want.
This was most likely done to try and get back the hardcore crowd since they kinda shunned DmC. (I did as well and only played it when I got it on PS+ because the demo was off-putting with it's combat changes and that carried over to the full game.)

Turfster

I'm liking the main character's voice acting in AR-K a lot.
Well done, unknown but very good voice actress.
(Seriously, how the hell does a game not have a separate credits/about menu item? But then, it doesn't even have a save/load option, so...)

I'm liking the main character's voice acting in AR-K a lot.
Well done, unknown but very good voice actress.
(Seriously, how the hell does a game not have a separate credits/about menu item? But then, it doesn't even have a save/load option, so...)

How short is the game if it doesn't have a save/load option? Or does it autosave and only have a continue option?

Turfster

How short is the game if it doesn't have a save/load option? Or does it autosave and only have a continue option?

It probably autosaves every time you change screens... at least I hope so.
It seems this is also a mobile game again.

The walking animation... sometimes spazzes out and shows echoes from past frames.
Also, how the fuck does this inventory system work?

The fact that once you're in the game, you can't actually access the fucking HELP page any more is mind-boggling.
I had to start a second copy of the game to check that I hadn't misunderstood.
(I hadn't)

Deitus

This was most likely done to try and get back the hardcore crowd since they kinda shunned DmC. (I did as well and only played it when I got it on PS+ because the demo was off-putting with it's combat changes and that carried over to the full game.)

I would say it's more accurate to say that the hardcore DMC fans did buy DmC, just not in the numbers they were hoping for. It was the casual crowd they were trying to appeal to that had no interest at all with the game. So the definitive edition seems like an acknowledgement that they are never going to appeal to the mass market with this game, so they might as well appeal to the types of people who actually play games like this.

Personally, the announcement of the Definitive Edition has killed all motivation for me to actually finish DmC vanilla. I'll just wait for them to release the version they should have released in the first place (and then wait a bit longer for it to go on sale).

But yeah, DMC4 Special Edition definitely gets me excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom