• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard
Cards Alert
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard

Humanity Asset got cards.

Turfster

AR-K is pretty... pixel-hunty.
Also, to use stuff from your inventory, click on it and hold the mousebutton pressed, then hit spacebar to close the inventory before releasing.
Using things on other things sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't and you have to keep trying until it does.
Yep.

How is Fahrenheit Remastered? Worth purchasing?

It's like the proto-telltale game. It's an adventure game with a ton of QTEs, terrible stealth segments, and a plot that just completely shits itself for most of the final half of the game.

it's worth it as a curiosity but set those expectations really, really low.

Knurek

Listening to the Of Orcs and Men soundtrack made me realize I should really buy the game, even if I feel it's grossly overpriced.
Also that maybe I should replay Remember Me. Or just listen to that game's OST?
Did Olivier Deriviere score Styx as well? He's such a great composer...

Turfster

Listening to the Of Orcs and Men soundtrack made me realize I should really buy the game, even if I feel it's grossly overpriced.
Also that maybe I should replay Remember Me. Or just listen to that game's OST?
Did Olivier Deriviere score Styx as well? He's such a great composer...

No, the Styx OST was by someone else.
It's not bad either, though.
And yeah, Derivière is great.

Also, jesus christ Gato Salvaje, half your on-screen text including mouse overs for items don't match what is being said/the object is.
Mouse over says Block A, character talks about Block B.
Mouse over some paper cups, they're "glasses"

Stuff magically transforms, too. Steal an old timey bunch of keys? Suddenly, it's a keycard!

And the puzzles are basically "find the pixel to hunt, then try every item on everything until something happens"

autoduelist

Wishlisted, but these games get bundled so fast.

Can someone give me a list of their top 3 or so Hidden Object games on Steam? Preferably the kind with cool puzzles in between levels... I want to add some to my wishlist so I get notified of these bundles, because I seem to always miss them and they're the only kind of game my wife will play with me. Which sucks, because I'm terrible at hidden object games [hurts my eyes].

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Smooth Operators: Call Center Chaos -- MB-C16076EAB3AF0D76 - Taken by Kifimbo
Epigenesis -- MB-D9C4F57E4355AEF9 - Taken by brassica

Arthea

Can someone give me a list of their top 3 or so Hidden Object games on Steam? Preferably the kind with cool puzzles in between levels... I want to add some to my wishlist so I get notified of these bundles, because I seem to always miss them and they're the only kind of game my wife will play with me. Which sucks, because I'm terrible at hidden object games [hurts my eyes].

I don't even like hidden object games, I find Artifex Mundi games fun, then again these are more adventure games than anything and you can switch almost all hidden object tasks with different games. That's probably not what you are looking for, but my favourite are Nightmares from the Deep series where you can play mahjong shanghai instead of hidden objects.
Puzzles are nice in general in their games too.

derExperte

Grim Legends and the three Nightmares from the Deep are a good start.

Ozium

I want to play a more fantasy based point and click before I return to Tex Murphy 2 and/or Syberia 2..

should I play either The Whisperied World (SE) or The Book of Unwritten Tales?

Indigo Prophecy remastered may get achievements and trading cards in the future.

person-smoking-crack-o.gif

MattyG

Banned
How is Hearts of Iron III? I've never played any grand strategy games before, so I'm not sure if it'd be a good game for me or not, but it looks interesting.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I want to play a more fantasy based point and click before I return to Tex Murphy 2 and/or Syberia 2..

should I play either The Whisperied World (SE) or The Book of Unwritten Tales?

For whatever reason, I couldn't get into The Whispered World. The protag just wasn't very interesting, and the VA was some of the most grating I'd ever sat through. I hear positive vibes about The Book of Unwritten Tales, but haven't played it yet myself.

Turfster

Oh god, AR-K, you're throwing everything wrong with adventure games ever at me.
You can get these 3 questions someone asks right, but if you haven't done the whole song and dance to get the information, it's "wrong".

It sucks waiting for tomorrowwwww

It does! Come on GMG, gimme my key at least!

Zeknurn

How is Hearts of Iron III? I've never played any grand strategy games before, so I'm not sure if it'd be a good game for me or not, but it looks interesting.

I'd wait for Hearts of Iron IV as it will no doubt be easier to get into for someone new. Paradox grand strategy games have come a long way with CKII and EUIV and it's rough going back to older titles.

redlacs

favourites?
Season of mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders
Pickers
Dracula: Love kills
Midnight mysteries series

to play with wife?
Artifex Mundi games

Good for you, Veggie. Unlike the King's Field games, the Souls are much more cryptic and require help to get the most out of them. May your playthrough be all the better for it.
Yeah, I think it would be actually very fitting to play NG totally on your own (unless you get stuck which is bound to happen lol) and NG+ with heavy Wiki usage.
Of course the game has to be that enjoyable to warrant a replay.
One thing I love about PC gaming, if not one of the most loved aspects, is going back to older titles with updated hardware.

So I bought, played and finished L.A. Noire over 3 years ago (back when I used to actually finished games) but my experience was a little rough. Had to stick to the DX9 renderer and lower most of the setting to get a smooth experience but I was content and clocked in 34 hours. Did help I enjoyed the game too.

Now in my finger strumming wait for GTA V I decided to reinstall it last night and what a difference a new CPU an GPU makes. Can quite happily run the game flat out (DX11 renderer is still a bit wonky as is the multithreading support) but with an added twist of running it at 3840x2160 and never go over 60% GPU usage. Frametimes are pretty much spot on as well which was far from the case in my first experience.

Who needs remasters!
The most shocking thing I took from your post is that three years ago you didn't have high-end PC hardware ;)

But I have to agree totally with you. I am so, so giddy to replay games once I get a new PC. The difference in my case should be much higher than PS3-PS4 but like PS2-PS4,5 haha
This game has helped me get out of my gaming slump. I hope the winner will get much enjoyment out of it as I have. Good Luck!
Woah that is a super nice thing of you to make.
Page is up:

I remember having played the demo waaaay back and I was impressed. Really liked the focus on QTE and ominous story.
I am sure this will drop relatively low until next summer/winter sale.
Is Yakuza 4 any good?
Never played a chapter of the series.
I only ever watched gameplay videos on youtube but I have to say, the setting and general tone of Yakuza series is very much to my liking. Now if only 1-5 would come to PC. I mean the games were supposedly not good sellers on consoles in the west but I am so, so sure that they would do much better numbers on PC. The thirst of the PC crowd for Japanese games is really real atm and even mediocre ones get a lot of attention. Just imagine a heavy hitter in quality like Yakuza :O
Come on Sega, just do it.
I find it always so interesting that some games get so much hype when they are exclusives but become relatively forgotten when going multiplat.
Really shows the "net worth" of some games.
Humble Made in Spain bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Nihilumbra
  • Spy Chameleon
  • AR-K
TIER 2: BTA
  • Full Mojo Rampage
  • Deadlight
TIER 3: 10$
  • Pixel Piracy
  • Unepic
Unepic is a great game. Rhaknar approved.
But it's way to pricey for me. Even more so when literally none of the other games do anything for me (or owned).
Working on some new Enhanced Steam features for the new release which will hopefully be done by tomorrow or maybe this weekend:
That is a very useful new feature but from my own personal experience I would suggest adding the "lowest price" also in your inventory when clicking on a card. That saves much more time.
Congrats. That's a good figure. Still no clue what's next for chubby.
Harold the Unlikely:
Available: February 12
It's a sequel to this gem?
People watch this vid, then binge on ALL AVGN videos :)
I pasted steam://run/343450/ in my browser but it does nothing besides a google search.
The video link thus doesn't work.

Old spares. Please take them.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Lost Civilization -- MB-E667FC76AB51AD30 - Taken by bkw
Doorways: The Underworld -- MB-816CE2EC3C7B5563 - Taken by MulderWasTaken
Face Noir -- MB-CA716C049E840AA9 - Taken by rrvv
Platypus -- MB-5B07BC3E9FDB4A8A - Taken by Lomax
OCEAN CITY RACING -- MB-2667028466DA4E09 - Taken by Bayonetta
Jets'n'Guns Gold -- MB-BD8B62F45445C57E - Taken by thereisnoif
Doctor Who: The Adventure Games -- MB-2D706E25A11BF9F7 - Taken by pahamrick
Power-Up -- MB-C5B5CA3A1C108E58 - Taken by Xeroblade
C-Rush -- MB-A57C229A55CB1A5E - Taken by autoduelist
Steel & Steam -- MB-2DEA45A359D0D288 - Taken by illusionary
Rhythm Destruction -- MB-142343BEC23BAF8D - Taken by Cth
Time Ramesside -- MB-B4708662394E1D95 - Taken by sensoft04
Gold Rush! Classic -- MB-4F080194CB8C3661 - Taken by Ozium

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, I think it would be actually very fitting to play NG totally on your own (unless you get stuck which is bound to happen lol) and NG+ with heavy Wiki usage.
Of course the game has to be that enjoyable to warrant a replay.

ya dark souls 1 has a bit too much guide requirement even for your first playthrough

still, game's most enjoyable when you don't have any idea of what you're missing

That would be a real Valve thing to do though, spend all this time and money on making a controller just to scrap it and make a 360 controller knock-off.

I shot Krejlooc a pm. Not making a thread till then and advise others to act the same. Because if it's just for configuring there's going to be lots of knee jerking for nothing.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
ya dark souls 1 has a bit too much guide requirement even for your first playthrough

still, game's most enjoyable when you don't have any idea of what you're missing

As someone who doesn't use guides I don't think so! Lots of learning from my own mistakes though.

Rather than give a top 3 I'll give you a few choices.

Do you like a good, rounded game, not too easy and not too hard on both puzzles and hidden object scenes? Then go for Nightmares from the Deep 1. And if you liked 1, get 2. It's slightly worse but still quite good.

Do you wish Bioshock was a hidden object game? Abyss: Wraiths of Eden.

Do you like much more complicated, messy-looking hidden object scenes that ask for different things each time, still good puzzles AND you don't care about steam achievements or trading cards? Then get Ravenhearst. And if you liked that, get Return to Ravenhearst. Big Fish wisely did not put Escape from Ravenhearst on Steam - that one was hot garbage.

Do you just want to screw around and have a campy good time with lots of unintentional laughs? Get Paranormal State: Poison Spring.

Do you want something a little easier? Get Lost Civilization.

Do you want to get your balls kicked repeatedly and told you're not a real man? Get Melissa K. It's 75% off right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom