• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nete

How is Hearts of Iron III? I've never played any grand strategy games before, so I'm not sure if it'd be a good game for me or not, but it looks interesting.

The game is very good once you have the proper DLC's, but it's not the kindest entry point to the grand strategy games. As Zeknurn says, if you really want to go the WWII route wait for HoI4, which should be out this summer (fingers crossed).

It won't cost 2.5€/$, tho :p

Turfster

Finished the first episode of AR-K. I cannot recommend it.
The concept sounded interesting, but the actual gameplay is severely lacking.
Also, apparently the voice actress was Tali, Ash Sroka.

That is awesome. The one non gaming related thing Valve always needed over the years was a good video player. And it looks like they got it. Props to them. So much potential with SteamOS and Steam machines in the future. Can't wait to see how everything unfolds.

Which brings me to, GDC isn't far off, the announcements happened more than a year ago, yet we still haven't heard anything about the media services coming to steam (movies, TV, music).

alright, Marlamin cleared it up it seems

It's probably not the Steam controller.

Big Picture has a configuration wizard where you can change keybinds for the Steam Controller.

It's highly likely that said wizard is getting support for normal controllers soon and that those images will be used for that. The Steam Beta update also contained images of the Steam Controller that look no different from the ones that were released a while back.

and I guess that's why SteamDB didn't tweet the pic

Ozium

I have a 66% off coupon for FABLE ANNIVERSARY that expires on the first of February... that's right, with my coupon you can save EVEN MORE! Don't miss out, and remember, if you need to save some money, ignore the rest and look for the best!

MUnited83

For you.
Since when was it possible to remove a gift from you account? I traded someone for a gift copy of Toxikk and it has the remove button next to it.

Well, that's interesting. I just checked my account and every game that was part of a 4pack(or similar) can now be removed from your account for some reason.

Saiyan-Rox

I had that issue too when I wanted to create an account after Ground Zeroes dropped. I think I disabled the vpn and/or used Facebook signup and it eventually worked.

wasn't using a VPN but it eventually went through just took about 10 mins

EDIT: Well that's shit Enhanced steam said it was £4 on there but it's 5.30 just a pound 69p cheaper

Uzzy

How is Hearts of Iron III? I've never played any grand strategy games before, so I'm not sure if it'd be a good game for me or not, but it looks interesting.

It's terrible and awesome at the same time. It's by far the most complex and inaccessible of the Paradox Grand Strategy series. You'll spend 50 hours getting to grips with the intricacies of the systems, then have another 10 hours of the AI remaining a challenge.. then that's it. In other words the AI isn't much use. It's a proper wargame, with the major focus on building up your armed forces and waging total war, and doesn't give many options for the alternative history stuff that is one of the big appeals of the other grand strategy games. Nor do you have much scope to bring a minor nation to prominence.

I absolutely love it. But don't start grand strategy games with HOI3. Look elsewhere and wait for HOI4.

Anteater

Ame no Marginal coming to steam.

The latest visual novel from Tomo Kataoka, the creator of acclaimed free visual novel Narcissu, will be brought to Steam by Sekai Project!

A serious visual novel telling the story of a man who steps into an elevator, only to find himself transported to a strange and mysterious world.

In this world, there is no time, no aging, no hunger, not even death. There is nothing to be seen but weathered stone, white clouds, and endless rain.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sekaiproject#announcements/detail/195113962381380681

Really enjoyed Narcissu, especially the second ep, narcissu is available for free on steam.

Kiru

Westerado: Double Barreled store page is up. Releases in April. Of course if you haven't played the flash game you owe it to yourself to do just that.

Oh wow, that's the game someone in here suggested me to play after I wanted something similar to the good old Sunset Riders. Great that it's coming to steam now, only played the beginning in flash, good stuff.

I'm not sure what Hypnodirectional Noptunium Re:"::birfOne is or why people are hype for it, but I remember one E3 they had a conference announcing one of those games and it was the worst thing I ever sat through during an E3 stream, that's the only knowledge I have of those games.

Chariot

I'm not sure what Hypnodirectional Noptunium Re:"::birfOne is or why people are hype for it, but I remember one E3 they had a conference announcing one of those games and it was the worst thing I ever sat through during an E3 stream, that's the only knowledge I have of those games.
Well, what did you not like? Gameplay? Characters? Beating up humanized consoles and game tropes?

Turfster

Okay, once Spy Chameleon switches to nothing but color switching puzzles while in sight of cameras that don't look away, it turns into a boring slogfest since the color switching is incredibly imprecise.
It gets even more infuriating when the fucking checkpoint system doesn't register and sends you back to the first one every fucking time.

Deitus

Well, what did you not like? Gameplay? Characters? Beating up humanized consoles and game tropes?

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess based on that reaction it was the anime.

Edit:
I didn't understand anything that was going on, it looked like a digital seizure. I thought it was a side scrolling schmup but I guess it isn't.

Oh, clearly you are thinking of a different game. Neptunia is a JRPG featuring game consoles personified as cute anime girls.

I didn't understand anything that was going on, it looked like a digital seizure. I thought it was a side scrolling schmup but I guess it isn't.

EDIT: And anime is for jerks, so there's that. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom