• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

Well, they claim it's a ROW key, so it should be fine.

But why the hell would you buy that instead of getting a brazilian steam gift region free for 10 keys?(20$)

y9WpriR.png

but i thought there is Global region lock on everything ( RU - Indonesian - CIS - Brazil )

ExoSoul

Banned
My buddy and I were playing it earlier. From what we could tell, it seems quest rewards are only given to the host. I was running around with a stick whilst my pal was weapon-less. Apparently there is friendly fire--this kinda sucks because you tend to get mobbed by zombies so I can see how friendly fire will become troublesome. And I hate to throw this word out there but it feels janky.
Thank you for not sugar coating it.

Arthea

Happy Birthday munchie!

Welcome back Ozzie!

checked Bestest Best Games Of 2014 by rps and found out that Bestest Best RPG is ... DA:I, rps reputation ruined, am I right?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait, wait, wait. So I could buy a Tabletop Simulator 4-Pack from russia or brazil and everything would be free to use by everybody?!

The four-pack itself is region-locked; the three spares it spits out upon being activated are not, regardless of the region the "activatee" resides in.

Arthea

Wait, wait, wait. So I could buy a Tabletop Simulator 4-Pack from russia or brazil and everything would be free to use by everybody?!

I still think they'll fix it, as it was said that 4-packs are region locked, someone will tell volvo sooner or later (><)

MUnited83

For you.
The 4 pack itself is region locked, but the copies it gives are region free.

I still think they'll fix it, as it was said that 4-packs are region locked, someone will tell volvo sooner or later (><)

That's why you should take advantage as soon as possible :p

Chariot

The four-pack itself is region-locked; the three spares it spits out upon being activated are not, regardless of the region the "activatee" resides in.
So I have to find someone from there who activates it and sells the three spare copies yes? Is there a way to see in a trade if the spare copy is legit? Sounds like a hassle.

MUnited83

For you.
So I have to find someone from there who activates it and sells the three spare copies yes? Is there a way to see in a trade if the spare copy is legit? Sounds like a hassle.

Sure there are. You can hover your mouse on the gift and if there any restrictions they will be listed there.
barney-magic.gif
Normally they won't have any warning at all. Those are fine. There's a couple of cases where it says it's restricted but it doesn't list any countries on the restrictions. Those are fine as well(happens with Rise of Nations for example).
Only if it says that is restricted to specific countries is it bad.

JaseC

If there is no list of restricted countries then the gift is region-free.

I'm fairly certain it's an unintended side-effect of Valve making every newly-bought sub ACRTAG-locked, similar to how the region-lock notice on pre-existing gifts temporarily disappeared entirely upon the change being implemented.

I'm having trouble figuring out my GOTY list... well not so much figuring out it, but determining where to place DRAGON THE GAME... is it #1 for the potential it inhabits, or is it #5 because it's not that good?
Do I need to bring up our chat history again?

Chariot

Sure there are. You can hover your mouse on the gift and if there any restrictions they will be listed there.
barney-magic.gif
Normally they won't have any warning at all. Those are fine. There's a couple of cases where it says it's restricted but it doesn't list any countries on the restrictions. Those are fine as well(happens with Rise of Nations for example).
Only if it says that is restricted to specific countries is it bad.

If there is no list of restricted countries then the gift is region-free.
Amazing, thank you!

JaseC

This may have been mentioned back when it happened, but apparently those who pre-ordered Raven's Cry prior to the most recent delay can e-mail TopWare and request a Steam key for one of their other titles:

This quite likely explains why the subs were removed from the store following the announcement.

Tizoc

This may have been mentioned back when it happened, but apparently those who pre-ordered Raven's Cry prior to the most recent delay can e-mail TopWare and request a Steam key for one of their other titles:

This quite likely explains why the subs were removed from the store following the announcement.

Cool, wonder what Topware game is worth getting or of interest to me...

JaseC

can you get if even it's not available? I know you'll try regardless, but what are chances of that happening?
fake edit: oh wait... it's available elsewhere, isn't it?

Yeah, Check vs Mate is the American version of Battle vs Chess. It's basically another Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery situation.

Lain

What's everyone's opinion on How to Survive?

It's fun but not exactly deep. Making your equipment and stuff is nice, as is the zombie killing. The limited inventory isn't as nice, even after upgrading it I still easily ran out of space but that might be a problem with how I like to hoard stuff. Zombie respawn is OK when leveling up, but it becomes a bit tedious after you're maxed out.
For the price it's at though it's definitely worth it.

Ozium

I hope the new Jurassic Park movie will usher in a new renaissance of Dino video games.

I bought ORION: Dino Horde during the sale... I don't know what I was thinking.

edit: I think it's called ORION: PRELUDE now... so it must be better than Dino Horde, right?

I hope the new Jurassic Park movie will usher in a new renaissance of Dino video games.

edit: I think it's called ORION: PRELUDE now... so it must be better than Dino Horde, right?

It's okay, you can admit you were drunk :p.

Oh and welcome back :).

Arthea

Turfalert, a new stealth game is about to be released

looks hideous, tho (><)

edited: eden has release date... again, this time it is 30 Jan, 2015. Sorry if I'm late with those news, still catching up with what I missed.

Kiru

lol @ the avatar.

Arthea

looks like it is a sequel to this

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/259620/header.jpg[/IMG
[URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/259620/"]http://store.steampowered.com/app/259620/[/URL]

and this

[IMG]http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/263360/header.jpg[/IMG
[URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/263360/"]http://store.steampowered.com/app/263360/[/URL][/QUOTE]

oh yeah, you are right, I thought it looked kinda familiar.

dex3108

So 22 days before GTA V release and no new info :D When you are expecting news SteamGAF? Two weeks before release? week before release?

Happy Birthday to me SteamGAF have a dinosaur game
Also my real face for January

Happy Birthday muncher!

What's with the sudden obsession with people's ages?

I fear GAF is collecting data on us. With the ages here and the 'what car do you drive?', 'what job do you have?' threads on OT...i wonder what's next.

COMMUNITY GUIDE:
Is this card valuable, by PetriP-TNT

To find out if you card is valuable, follow this handy guide:

1) Does the card have a anime-style picture of underage cat person molesting it's little sister

2a.) You answered YES - Your card IS valuable
2b.) You answered NO - Your card is worthless

this is unbelievably accurate

hey ya jerk.

What's everyone's opinion on How to Survive?

Decent, but janky 'survival' game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom