• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, I expected the Banner Saga to be longer, only took me 9 hours to beat. The ending was so sudden, I was surprised when the credits began to roll. I'm aware that a sequel has been announced but I didn't know it was planned as a trilogy from the start.
Oh well, still one of 2014's best imo.

Smash88

Banned
I want to play GTA V so bad, but I know deep down in my heart it's going to be delayed, and that makes me sad.

No news, no PC specs which were promised the week of Christmas, no videos, no mentions, no teasers, nothing. It's only a matter of time.

Popstar

By coincidence I noticed yesterday evening I had a Steam key for Claustrophobia from the Indie Royale Debut 8 bundle.

Bundle buyers may wish to check.

Parsnip

I actually enjoyed TW1s combat. It gets a lot of hate for being "too complex" but it's pretty simple to me.

This is the first time I've seen Witcher 1 combat and complex used in the same sentence. People seriously thought that? I thought it was a really shitty system, but not really complex at all.

Sendou

I want to play GTA V so bad, but I know deep down in my heart it's going to be delayed, and that makes me sad.

No news, no PC specs which were promised the week of Christmas, no videos, no mentions, no teasers, nothing. It's only a matter of time.

Seriously the whole thing has been handle so badly that only thing that's going to make me be there at day 1 is them including Red Dead Redemption GOTY port with no extra cost.

Knurek

Edit: Also, spares:
Why So Evil -- MB-84BA7301A4543279 - Taken by Knurek

saoirse_dancing9hu5h.gif

Knurek

So, Saoirse dancing killed GAF?
I'm so proud of myself and the Irish goddess.

Also, Game #2 of the year finished.
header.jpg

Was actually quite decent, but a few of the scenes crossed *way* over the line.
Like selling the only black character in the game world into slavery.
Treating two people on separate occasions to a urinal pie sandwich.
Sending a bunch of babies to a pedophile's trailer so that he can have his way with them.

Not recommended to anyone who can't stomach South Park-like humour.

I was so bored I almost played a videogame

almost

I actually played!

Reached the caves in Dear Esther, then quit and wanted to start again but it only lets me choose the first chapter. Obviously it didn't save, also my settings didn't save either. Something is wrong... could it be a Windows permissions issue? I'm not sure if it's across all Steam games, I should check another game...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So the War of the Human Tanks sequel has a store page now.

I'm assuming no one else has linked it here because Rhaknar is the only person I know that has it wishlisted.

Alavard

Man, being back to a full work week after the holidays is rough.. and it's only part way through Monday! Oh well, just a few more hours and I can go back home and resume staring at my Steam library, paralyzed at the choice of what to play.

In all seriousness though, I'm probably going to finish Valiant Hearts up this evening. Great game, but as always, uPlay leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Knurek

Man, being back to a full work week after the holidays is rough.. and it's only part way through Monday! Oh well, just a few more hours and I can go back home and resume staring at my Steam library, paralyzed at the choice of what to play.

Come work in Poland, we have this Tuesday free.
Actually, don't come work in Poland, the pay is crap, work conditions are crap, health-care is crap. We have the best looking women in Europe though

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

In all seriousness though, I'm probably going to finish Valiant Hearts up this evening. Great game, but as always, uPlay leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Same here, this morning has been pretty rough after having almost two weeks off of work which gave me enough time to finish and release the new Idle Master (and build it's web site) as well as play through Final Fantasy XIII which I decided last night I'm finished with for my first play-through.

Tonight I'll hopefully have a bit of time to start in on Final Fantasy XIII-2 which I'm really looking forward to.

Actually, don't come work in Poland, the pay is crap, work conditions are crap, health-care is crap. We have the best looking women in Europe though

I spent a month in Poland for work sometime over the summer and I'm pretty sure the whole country took about 3 weeks off. It was...an experience.

dex3108

First Jim Sterling now Greg and Colin. I wonder how long will take for that Patreon bubble to burst. Whole this thing reminds me on Kickstarter.

Alavard

Well, here in Ontario, Canada, we've got a random-ass holiday on Feb 16th (Family Day, which was created less than 10 years ago just so we'd have another day off), so take that! Or, based on your spoiler, don't take that, and ... I'm sorry?

Play Papers,Please....then you'll understand.

I never really thought of papers please as roguelike sunce theres one cohesive timeline with scripted events where mechanics get introduced but all the different endings and
the fact you hit a wall if you help the freedom group and accept their money
then yeah i guess that makes sense

Sounds just like Argentina!

We also have crap pay, crap working conditions, crap healthcare and beautiful women.

I'm guessing that we can add corrupt government, police that doesn't care about us, and loads of stuff, but then again, you probably have all that stuff too.

I never really thought of papers please as roguelike sunce theres one cohesive timeline with scripted events where mechanics get introduced but all the different endings and
the fact you hit a wall if you help the freedom group and accept their money
then yeah i guess that makes sense

it's not a roguelike. It was a SteamGAF joke from....last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom