• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I just got back from traveling for the holidays. I hope all of you had a good sale/holiday.

After I booted up the PC and logged into Steam though, I was greeted with the "this game has been removed from your account due to problems with payment" message. The game in question was Banished. Which should not have happened as I used a Steam Wallet funds that I purchased from a Steam Wallet card back during the summer sale. I checked my games list and it is still listed there. I have it installed and can launch it. I did purchase a gift copy through humble bundle that I gave away here on GAF. But after seeing it in the individual's list of owned games on Steam I am a bit bewildered. Any ideas as to what's going on SteamBros?

Nzyme32

So, I just got back from traveling for the holidays. I hope all of you had a good sale/holiday.

After I booted up the PC and logged into Steam though, I was greeted with the "this game has been removed from your account due to problems with payment" message. The game in question was Banished. Which should not have happened as I used a Steam Wallet funds that I purchased from a Steam Wallet card back during the summer sale. I checked my games list and it is still listed there. I have it installed and can launch it. I did purchase a gift copy through humble bundle that I gave away here on GAF. But after seeing it in the individual's list of owned games on Steam I am a bit bewildered. Any ideas as to what's going on SteamBros?

I can only think that if you used money from gems, which were then removed, maybe that would happen. Otherwise, no idea. Never had or heard of that kind of problem

Vibranium

Banned
Troy Baker AMA on Reddit...goddamn I'd love to meet that guy in real life. I need to check out his album/band, I've been hearing good stuff about them.

titch

Wall of Let's Plays:

My Let's Play of Chester United:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EzzUdorOzs

You've seen the NES style boxart for Chester previously. This game just passed Steam Greenlight and is shaping up to be a pretty decent platformer. Seems that there are 8+ different Chesters to cycle through at will and you also have a world-bending power that transforms the world into different styles. Pretty neato.​

This is now on my watchlist - looks like it has a lot of potential

Game 5 (1 point) : Middle-earth: Shadow of Morder
Game 4 (2 points) :Transistor
Game 3 (3 points) : Endless Legend
Game 2 (4 points) : Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
Game 1 (5 points) : Divinity: Original Sin

Shadowrun: Dragonfall is a tad iffy, with being a DLC for Returns early this year... but whatever. It came out as a stand-a-lone eventually, so its all good.

heres my top 5 :

Game 5 (1 point) : Cho Dengeki Stryker
Game 4 (2 points) : Astebreed
Game 3 (3 points) : Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION
Game 2 (4 points) : Shovel Knight
Game 1 (5 points) : Freedom Planet

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Ah much better overall.

You have a typo for the "How to use your Wii U Pro Pad controller.." The space between Pad and controller is instead between "c" and "o". Because they are by and far the most popular and have the multiple entries, I would split the console controllers on PC threads into a new category either at the top or right below the main one.

Tangentially, the Mechanical Keyboard OT is hilariously out of date. Cherry Red's are incredibly popular with manufacturers and depending on the manufacturer are in the cheaper Mechanical keyboards. And additionally, since the patents have expired, companies are now making their own versions of the Cherry switches. Also the keyboard linked to it is riddled with problems and shouldn't even be mentioned.

Deitus

Thank you! It was pretty good, yeah.
First time in a Winter Sale & Gaf. Maybe I got jaded from my first sale this summer and had too high of expectations when people then wrote about Winter Sale being sooo much better.
But all in all I really had a fun time. Not the least thanks to you :)

It was just an all around disappointing sale. No sale ever tops your first sale, but even keeping that in mind, I thought this Summer's sale was quite good, and this Winter one was very disappointing.

I ended up picking up only a few things for myself, but I did get some gifts for others, and a few generous individuals got me gifts as well, so I can't really complain.
Looking forward to read more of you!

And of course I wish your holidays to have been great and not too exhaustive. Besides all the travels naturally.

Thanks! Yeah, it was pretty great.

Where am I?

Welcome back Shadow!

neotokyo360

Game 5 (1 point) : Transistor
Game 4 (2 points) : Divinity: Original Sin
Game 3 (3 points) : Shovel Knight
Game 2 (4 points) : Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Game 1 (5 points) : South Park: Stick of Truth

Where am I?

sGki5MP.gif

Welcome back!

Heres mine as i cant pick csgo

Game 5 (1 point) : Transistor
Game 4 (2 points) : Valkyria Chronicles
Game 3 (3 points) : South Park : The Stick of Truth
Game 2 (4 points) : Watch Dogs
Game 1 (5 points) : Shovel Knight

Welcome back Shadow.

Next 2 weeks or so are gonna be a bitch, exam and other uni shit, yay. Thankfully there don't seem to be any upcoming releases to distract me.

Shadownet

Banned
Thanks guys for the warm welcome. You'll be glad to know that while I was away, I finished 4 games and haven't been playing Counter Strike nearly as much as before.

(I finished Magic The Gathering 2014 (Campaign Mode), Tales of Xillia, Persona Q, and Transistor. I actually ended up enjoying Transistor so much I bought it again during the Steam Sale)

Now I have to beat Dragon Age Inquisition.

Anyway, Here are some small games, it's not much but I heard they are good games. Well except The Room. I know damn well it's a great game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Room (Where Milamber keep all his dirty stuff) -- MB-C7CEF6096B589C83 - Taken by darkchewie. 13 entrants total.
METAL SLUT XXX -- MB-074A27FF0A3C3DE7 - Taken by billmcdougal. 18 entrants total.
A Story About My Uncle (Who Works for Nintendo) -- MB-E2839026DC049535 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 18 entrants total.
METAL SLUT 3 Wild and Wonderful Edition -- MB-E5F455304CA4AC26 - Taken by xezuru. 9 entrants total.
Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle (Dicktator Edition) -- MB-D02084C276C052E2 - Taken by Pestilence11. 4 entrants total.

t1420516623z1.png

Ayumi

Steam on Chrome is a piece of ... I have to use Safari to make it work, sadly.

The Steam client often shits itself too, loading no images and forcing me to refresh many times to fix it. It seems like Steam mobile is the only decent place for me to use Steam.. Too bad I can't join the group chats from my phone.

Wall of Let's Plays:

My Let's Play of Star Nomad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhtZhiVgwLU

I was critical on the balance of gaining credits in my video and the dev responded and said that he will be making updates to increase the amount of credits you get. If the grindy part of the game is removed, the game is actually pretty fun. You gain credits via mining/trade/combat. Plus the space combat is satisfying and punchy. I have two steam keys to giveaway because I'm an awesome LPer.​

My Let's Play of Chester United:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EzzUdorOzs

You've seen the NES style boxart for Chester previously. This game just passed Steam Greenlight and is shaping up to be a pretty decent platformer. Seems that there are 8+ different Chesters to cycle through at will and you also have a world-bending power that transforms the world into different styles. Pretty neato.​

My Let's Play of Driftstage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo5szfFKeJI

Even though it's an early alpha, the game is already pretty dope. Drifting felt effortless after 30 seconds, the only part I could comment on is getting "out" of a drift didn't feel like anything really. This is V0.01 though so, no real reason to comment on mechanics just yet. What is there does work splendidly though. There is also a Picture Mode where you can drop the HUD and take the camera wherever you want. I like it.

My Let's Play of Instant Dungeon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIwlp65s8kI

An interesting Roguelike. Essentially boils down to Pacman + Rogue. Hitbox is pretty huge and there are varying power-ups like shields, helmets, daggers, axes, fire spells, ice spells that can help you in tough situations. They are all one use-items except the helmet which can be worn and allows 1-hit defense. It's a zen kind of game. I think the asking price is in line with the experience.​

Nice to see another Drift Stage video and that you enjoyed it as well :)
I'm faster than you, Phawx :p

Whooo! Welcome back!
So I guess the forum was taking some minutes to properly adjust for your return.

I voted for it. Albeit I didn't post my list publicly because I care for turfster.

Poor Turfster, must be having a heart attack with all the lists being posted. :/

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. You'll be glad to know that while I was away, I finished 4 games and haven't been playing Counter Strike nearly as much as before.

(I finished Magic The Gathering 2014 (Campaign Mode), Tales of Xillia, Persona Q, and Transistor. I actually ended up enjoying Transistor so much I bought it again during the Steam Sale)

Now I have to beat Dragon Age Inquisition.

Anyway, Here are some small games, it's not much but I heard they are good games. Well except The Room. I know damn well it's a great game.

Hmmm...
At least you're playing games. :3

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

X Split 3 Month Code -- MB-2F030E0AC9FD9CAF - Taken by salazar547
Twitch Turbo 1 Month Code -- MB-8620981D306A10C4 - Taken by Toshin

Jawmuncher

Playing The Hunter: Primal.
As soon as it started I received all of the movement achievements which go all the way up to 400km. I'm just going to assume the girl I decided to play as was actually on the planet for a long time. Too bad she died though. Had blue hair and everything.

Ugh, I think I'm going to put Dead State down for a while. So many broken quests not completing, collect almost 20 gallons of fuel and it's not added to my stores etc... I do have heaps of bug spray, might send some of it to the devs.

Shadownet

Banned
Ugh, I think I'm going to put Dead State down for a while. So many broken quests not completing, collect almost 20 gallons of fuel and it's not added to my stores etc... I do have heaps of bug spray, might send some of it to the devs.

How is that game? Could you give me a short impression? I know that zkylon would spend hours on that. So I assume it's very addicting at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom