• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

More gifs would probably help.

Been playing Watch Dogs on PS4.
Why did this game get a lot of hate again? It's not that bad and i'm about to wrap up Act 2.
I guess it's nothing really ground breaking either but everything works here and i'm finding it enjoyable. Especially like the criminal hacker underground the game has going.

bitter over the downgrade? I'm waiting for the sweet spot before picking it up.

Gaffers who have voted so far:

but WHO HAS VOTED?

Miletius

Just finished up Shadow of Mordor. Clearly I liked it enough to play to the end, but I have to say that I don't think I'm nearly as enamored of it as many on GAF were.

I found the systems interesting, but the game too Assasin's Creed collect-a-thony for my taste. This is also honestly the first game that I can say that I skipped all of the cut-scenes -- maybe that hurt my enjoyment of the game, but I think it helped overall.

Overall good, but I won't be headed back to Mordor anytime soon. I'd recommend it if you can get it for a decent price though.

Miguel81

Been playing Watch Dogs on PS4.
Why did this game get a lot of hate again? It's not that bad and i'm about to wrap up Act 2.
I guess it's nothing really ground breaking either but everything works here and i'm finding it enjoyable. Especially like the criminal hacker underground the game has going.

The protagonist seems to be hated more than the actual game. It's been a pretty enjoyable experience on my end, though I'm not particularly far along. The stealth, hacking, multi, and open world are pretty solid imo.

iosefe

i must confess that i have not done my civic duty. i have not played/finished enough 2014 games to give a good answer

any idea why this wont leave my discovery queue? (almost) every time i reach the very end of the queue, there is this thing (sometimes there is just "this item not available in your country" page) but mostly this mod. why? what does it want?

For you to play it! That mod is fantastic.

Why would you skip all of the cutscenes in Bayonetta? I'm not denying there's a great deal of cheese there, but it's worth it for the sheer insanity.

Second playthroughs are a different story of course.

I never skip all cutscenes in a game... though Marlow Briggs has the distinct "honor" of being one of the games where I started skipping some of the scenes before the game was over on my initial play.

However, Bayonetta remains one of the few games where I instantly MASH to get the hell out of cutscenes since they're just ridiculous bad and make no sense whatsoever. I mean, I think they can make a Suda51 game look sane.

I remember that mediocre Zelda-like game with the most goddawful repetitive music. From did good with Ancient City later on.

You mean 3D Dot Heroes?
Yeah, I'm not a fan... but it wasn't developed by From... merely published by them.

Lain

Not when this exists (He meant Steam but since you took it out of Steam or did I miss the release?)
Evergrace_Coverart.png

This has been one of the games I went out of my way to import as soon as I finally modded my PS2, though getting my hands on those PS1 SE games that never made it out in Europe was priority.

Momentary

Banned
Degica and Yotsubane are pleased about the copies sold for Crimzon Clover. Blackbird said it sold very well for a game in its genre. They didn't expect it.

They are currently broadcasting the new soundtrack for a second time at http://www.twitch.tv/degigames

The new OST sounds so much better. Damn. Come listen.

Jawmuncher

More gifs would probably help.

bitter over the downgrade? I'm waiting for the sweet spot before picking it up.

but WHO HAS VOTED?

It was 18 bucks on Amazon Warehouse which is cheaper than I have seen the PC version on steam. Plus my PC would run it about the same if not lower due to how demanding ubi games usually are. Was never mad about the downgrade since it always seemed like a stretch.

The protagonist seems to be hated more than the actual game. It's been a pretty enjoyable experience on my end, though I'm not particularly far along. The stealth, hacking, multi, and open world are pretty solid imo.

Im on act 3 now. Really don't see the problem aside from the game itself just kind of writing him weird. They go back on forth on what they want him to be which is a bit annoying. Also i'm still trying to piece why it's about his niece, nephew, and sister. The way it's been so far. It could have just as easily been Daughter, wife, and son.

Miletius

Never played Bayonetta, eh?

Bayo 2 was a Christmas gift, might crack that one open next. I have a high tolerance for cheese, low tolerance for early 2000 style grimdark protagonists. I even ended up playing most of the game as the female skinned character.

This isn't to detract from the game, but to explain why I couldn't push b fast enough when it came to the story.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Playfire client required. No thanks.

I'm assuming that's a rebranded "Capsule" client? Or whatever GMG used to call it...

Capsule. I have two or three games on it.

In other news, it is Christmas for the Orthodox so..Merry Christmas!

Nabs

This seems interesting. It's by the Natural Selection 2 devs:

"The Future Perfect interface allows you to create, play, and share multiplayer games quickly and easily.
Games created with Future Perfect are published on Steam Workshop. You can browse, rate, and download games that interest you.
Models, animations, textures, effects and other assets are also shared, so you can pick and choose the compents you want to create your game."

It's too early for Early Access, so you can only but the game through their site right now. It's 10 bucks.

TheMink

Wasn't sure where to ask this, but I'm planning on maybe getting a PC soon. And I have bought some stuff on steam already in preperation on the cheaps, but I was wonder how PC games worked when purchased from Amazon?

Like can you download onto multiple machines? It has nothing to do with steam I imagine, or can you use steam to boot?

Sorry for the stupid questions.

Wasn't sure where to ask this, but I'm planning on maybe getting a PC soon. And I have bought some stuff on steam already in preperation on the cheaps, but I was wonder how PC games worked when purchased from Amazon?

Like can you download onto multiple machines? It has nothing to do with steam I imagine, or can you use steam to boot?

Sorry for the stupid questions.

Some games there have a Steamkey, some do not and you just download the game itself.

If it is a Steamkey, then you just get the Steamkey, activate it and can play it only on Steam.

Miguel81

You mean 3D Dot Heroes?
Yeah, I'm not a fan... but it wasn't developed by From... merely published by them.

Nope, Evergrace.

Im on act 3 now. Really don't see the problem aside from the game itself just kind of writing him weird. They go back on forth on what they want him to be which is a bit annoying. Also i'm still trying to piece why it's about his niece, nephew, and sister. The way it's been so far. It could have just as easily been Daughter, wife, and son.

His look and the voice acting rub me the wrong way, and he comes off as reckless(us players don't help on that end ;). It's nowhere near enough of a problem to make me dislike the game.

The PC version ran decently enough on a 7950(a bit above 30fps). Upgraded to a 290 and it's performing very smoothly now with shadows turned down a bit.

Nabs

I hope it means the Ys series goes on sale for 75%

There was an Ys anime wasn't there?

Maybe I am stretching it.

They have Anime intros. That's good enough for me.

I hope Hatoful counts. I should have jumped on that GMG deal when I had a chance.

Messiah

You could access the page before and it listed the games without discount. Off the top of my head:

the Ys games, TitS, analogue, 99spirits, war of the human tanks, Hatoful Boyfriend

That's all I remember sorry GAF :(

Might just get Trails in the Sky off that list. Was hoping for the Agarest games, Half Minute Hero Second, and Valkyria Chronicles.

EDIT: Well, I guess I can get one Agarest game at least.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Found an image

My years of photoshop and highly advanced vision skills tells me the games are:

Hate Plus
Agarest: Generations of War
100% Orange Juice
The legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Long Live The Queen
Analog: A Hate STory
99 Spirits
War of the Human Tanks
The Legend of Korra (will it get a bigger than 33% discount?)
Blade Kitten
Hatoful Boyfriend
Ys Origin
The King of Fighters XIII
Ys I & II Chronicles

Annubis

Agarest is on there though!

Are any of these Visual Novels good?

Analog: A Hate Story and its sequel Hate Plus are kind of VNs...
It's a really weird type of game that is best described as reading other people's inbox alongside your favorite waifu.

Nete

Finished Deus Ex 1. Amazing game, so much ambition and freedom to face each situation. Worst part is the AI, by far one of the most stupid AIs I can remember, even for its time.

Time for Deus Ex: Invisible War. Yeah, I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom