• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

I can't believe I only just now noticed that when you summon Solaire (and maybe other sunbros too?), he pops out with a praise the sun pose.

This seems interesting. It's by the Natural Selection 2 devs:

"The Future Perfect interface allows you to create, play, and share multiplayer games quickly and easily.
Games created with Future Perfect are published on Steam Workshop. You can browse, rate, and download games that interest you.
Models, animations, textures, effects and other assets are also shared, so you can pick and choose the compents you want to create your game."

It's too early for Early Access, so you can only but the game through their site right now. It's 10 bucks.

That looks really interesting! Added it to my wishlist.

MUnited83

For you.
Found an image
zoBssVo.png

I own every single one of those.

dfknJEm.gif

Barbarian

Warhammer Quest is tempting, but the price seems too high for what looks like a port of a relatively old iOS game that currently sells for $4.99.

I'd be interested in seeing impressions though, if anyone does pick it up.

Miguel81

Found an image
https://i.imgur.com/zoBssVo.png[img][/QUOTE]

Thanks to an awesomely generous member Blu(e), I finally got the last of the ones I've wanted from that list.

Ys I&II Chronicles+ is legit good, and I appreciated the bump mechanic after leveling up a bit. Some of the bosses are brutal on Nightmare(especially the first game).

Jawmuncher

Enjoying Nekopara. However it's the first game in awhile where I'm just so curious as to how everything works in that world.
I have so many questions on how these cat people are made and exactly what regulations are in place relating to them.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Enjoying Nekopara. However it's the first game in awhile where I'm just so curious as to how everything works in that world.
I have so many questions on how these cat people are made and exactly what regulations are in place relating to them.

I'm sure that Neko Works will continue to explore the deep lore of Nekopara in the upcoming volumes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Rejoice: The Holiday Auction badge is no longer pinned to the front of your recent badge section.

Grief.exe

Korra is not an anime.

I'm not that familiar with Anime, but with JRPGS genre definitions based on countries of origin rarely work.
You end up with people calling Dark Souls a JRPG and Lord of the Rings: The Third Age a WRPG despite those games having nothing to do with the respective genres.

I would argue that Korra is in a similar situation. Being produced in America, yet holding many similarities to traditional Anime.

I'm not that familiar with Anime, but with JRPGS genre definitions based on countries of origin rarely work.
You end up with people calling Dark Souls a JRPG and Lord of the Rings: The Third Age a WRPG despite those games having nothing to do with the respective genres.

I would argue that Korra is in a similar situation. Being produced in America, yet holding many similarities to traditional Anime.
Partly produced in America, it was animated by a Korean studio.

Tektonic

Just got out of the Paris Terror Attack thread, man it's so depressing in there.

Come to steam thread and it's anime central. Maybe we should bring in an alpaca to bring some cheer
not these crazy cats!

QUOTE=Milamber;146463557]For the target audience, it can be classified either way. Since Korra was created for the english speaking audiences, it would be a standard Saturday morning style cartoon.[/QUOTE]

Based on your classification, we can say that Nintendo games are casual/children games because that's the target audience?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, the 960s are 2GB. Lol, fuck that. There goes that idea.

2GB isn't overly shocking but I can't believe that the 128-bit bus rumour turned out to be accurate. I realise the x60 series is the low end of Nvidia's gamer-orientated product line, but the last time it released such a gaming card was in April 2007 with the 8600 GT/GTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom