• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

In preparation for the sale:

Ys: I've heard a lot of praise for the Ys series, where should I start? I usually prefer to go by release order but if you convince me there's a good enough reason to start by a later entry (mostly plot) I may start my journey there.

Start from the top. If they're too oldschool for you, feel free to jump to Felghana. I really enjoyed my time with Ys 1 and 2, and they're pretty quick to play through. Tip: Levels are really important in this series. Bosses will seem impossible if you're off by a single level. You can usually tell by how much XP you're gaining in a dungeon. If it's a lot, you're going to want to kill a few more enemies before heading into a boss room.

I hope you end up enjoying the games, because Ys is a really fun series.

Arthea

I love Trails, I do but for anyone interested in the game know this: The first ends on a cliffhanger of immense proportion. So, if stuff like that annoys you wait for the next chapter sometime this year before getting into it.

but waiting for second chapter for years it's part of fun!
no, not really (><)
but it does seem that most of the time I wait for Trails in the sky to form, it's like a way of life by now

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Those intending to pre-order Pillars of Eternity may want to hold out a little while longer as a "Royal Edition" has appeared in the registry. Given the title I assume it'll be more expensive than the Champion Edition.

I was very interested in it until I noticed that there is no singleplay at all and being EA game without singleplay, yeah
Someone from steamgaf plays it, can't say I remember who... and likes it.
ricochetguro perhaps?

EA??? wat...

Steam says the developer and publisher is Digital Confectioners, quick google search says they have nothing to do with EA.......

Can anyone clarify this?

Arthea

But the store page says there is single player. Which is it?

store lies about availability of singleplay all the time... that's one of reasons I'm so pissed
Valve really should do something about it, for example, according to store, even Awesomenauts has singleplay

Arthea

EA??? wat...

Steam says the developer and publisher is Digital Confectioners, quick google search says they have nothing to do with EA.......

Can anyone clarify this?

Early Access, not that EA... oh wait, it's not Early Access? I was sure it is or was... weird

Those intending to pre-order Pillars of Eternity may want to hold out a little while longer as a "Royal Edition" has appeared in the registry. Given the title I assume it'll be more expensive than the Champion Edition.

damn... I already preodered, that will teach me

ExoSoul

Banned
SteamGaf is awesome :)
Alright: Ys series, 99 Spirits, Trails in the Sky are in my to buy list
even if not right now.
I'll hold off on Agarest for now and I just realised Human Tanks is a VN... those usually don't work well with me.

But it was published by Activision, if we go by your logic then it's not anime since Activision is not a Nippon company :D
But let's drop this topic. I don't really care whether the show is anime or not. I haven't even watched anime in several years
I only said that as a joke ;)

dani_dc

even if not right now.
I'll hold off on Agarest for now and I just realised Human Tanks is a VN... those usually don't work well with me.

Human Tanks is a turn base strategy game, not a VN.

pahamrick

but waiting for second chapter for years it's part of fun!
no, not really (><)
but it does seem that most of the time I wait for Trails in the sky to form, it's like a way of life by now

I feel for people who beat it when it first came out on PSP. I got the PSP version when I got my vita in Dec of 2012, but never beat it. Didn't do so until the PC version came out, and that ending makes the wait suck.

Chariot

edited: you guys do know that anime means animation? just checking (><)
It means animation in general in Japan, but in the west we use the word to distinguish between japanese animation and western animation which we call cartoons. If you talk about anime communities you don't talk about the Simpsons fan club or the Bronies. You could say something like "anime-style" for series liek Korra or Wakfu, but both are not anime.

Milamber already had a fit because it was in the anime sale =)
Milamber is my man!

Tizoc

even if not right now.

I only said that as a joke ;)

I forgot to post this about Ys OiF, which is 100% true
s2igs71.jpg

Don't be discouraged, the game is manageable, and the OST will keep you going and kicking ass like a BOSS

milena87

So I bought This War of Mine during the sale and I played a bit. I'm liking it so far. First try I didn't know what I was doing and I stopped before starving everyone out.

Second try is going much better, but Pavle died and Boris is depressed because he had to kill a man and his son. The group needed food and medicine :/

I also had a really hard time going through another situation:
an armed man (military?) abusing a desperate woman. I think I would have Boris kill the man if he had a weapon with him. He didn't, so I let him search the market, while the woman kept crying out for help.

I think I'll start over again and try to focus on ammassing a lot of materials to create the mouse traps and vegetable garden earlier, so that I don't need to scavange the more dangerous areas for food.

provista

Neo Member
Just curious if anyone in here got Blackguards 2 from Gamersgate when they had the price glitch? I think it was $8 or something..

I did buy it at that price and still have the game in my library (no key yet since it's not released) and I think I also got a refund for the game a while after buying it..

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot to post this about Ys OiF, which is 100% true
s2igs71.jpg

Don't be discouraged, the game is manageable, and the OST will keep you going and kicking ass like a BOSS
Can confirm this is 100% true.

I haven't finished Oath yet, shame on me.

Going to be playing Shovel Knight next on my backlog, what's best to play it with? Controller or m+kb?

I have a hard time imagining what purpose a mouse would serve in a retro style platformer.

That being said I've never had a problem using keyboards for platformers.

ExoSoul

Banned
Having story bits isn't really different from cutscenes in other genres, I wouldn't consider it a VN just due to it having story scenes.
Oh, I see. I just saw the VN tag and other people saying it was a VN as well. A bit more interested in it but not enough I think.

I further extended your joke ;)
I was just trying to avoid misunderstandings
we all know some people would post that seriously xD

Milamber is my man!
Your avatar
eheh
makes that statement that much funnier.

Don't. If I get into anime defender mode nobody will smile for a while.
I kinda wanna push you over the edge now, I'm a sick evil bastard xD

&#9488;(¯&#949;¯ )&#9484;
*high fives*
All the powa to you brother.

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
I begin to doubt we'll see it released this month. Ghostlight blog wasn't updated since before Christmas!

We're working on it. For various reasons the port has taken longer than we originally thought it would. We're still hoping we can get it out this month but if we do I wouldn't expect it to before the end of the month.

Milamber

We're working on it. For various reasons the port has taken longer than we originally thought it would. We're still hoping we can get it out this month but if we do I wouldn't expect it to before the end of the month.

Maybe if you hired more beta testers, like me, you could have gotten it out at the end of 2014.

;P

Tizoc

tyt~
A polished PC release will be worth the wait.

Can we expect more announcements on PC ports soon?
Ask Atlus if you could port their SMT games on Steam =X

Shadownet

Banned
I'm not sure what to expect for Anime Sale. I didn't even know it was a thing.. Is there even an anime game I want?

Sigh its now that I truly wish Tales games are on Steam..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom