• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Woah, it looks very good indeed. But a PS2 copy is too rare and expensive those days :S

That's unfortunate, it's a great game (and the voice acting that's in the PS2 version was removed from the iOS / Android version).

Here in the US, used copies can be picked up on eBay for $15 or less - less than $20 price of the mobile version.

ViviOggi

A splash of this and that

:KneelingBow:

Jawmuncher

That's unfortunate, it's a great game (and the voice acting that's in the PS2 version was removed from the iOS / Android version).

Here in the US, used copies can be picked up on eBay for $15 or less - less than $20 price of the mobile version.

I remember seeing it sitting in gamestops for like 6 back in the day.
Never did grab it though. Shame the FF12 demo included didn't push it even better for sales.

Grief.exe

Your best bet is tracking down the PS2 disc for Dragon Quest VIII and playing it in your PC, which can look pretty awesome.

That's exactly what I did! I actually found a guy on Craigslist who sold me Dragon Quest VIII and Odin Sphere for relatively cheap!

I remember seeing it sitting in gamestops for like 6 back in the day.
Never did grab it though. Shame the FF12 demo included didn't push it even better for sales.

In mid 2014, Gamestop started putting their entire PS2 selection on sale for 75% off. I was able to jump in early and grab many rare titles from Gamestops around the state, but they went fast.

I also found out the shear amount of copies they throw away, they are actually unable to sell me copies that have visible damage and throw them out the back. Boxes, manuals, etc are always discarded.

Lomax

Is it me or are all those Anime deals the same as the baseline deals from the winter sale?

EDIT: well except Carpe Fulgur stuff because it got lost in the mail

Not only that, but most of have been cheaper before on Steam (not to mention in bundles). There's a couple of exceptions though (Agarest mainly). In a way it makes sense, being a headline weekend deal means they don't need to be exceptional deals to get attention.

Ruruja

Anyone has some experience with Gameplay Time Tracker?

I'm looking for a tool to track gametime for non-Steam games (mostly for 52games/year thread, but also for my own curiosity).
Don't want Raptor.
Anyone know of another tool? Or does the one linked above work fine?
(Kind of wary of a random Russian tool)

Looks fine to me. If it's anything like the one I use, it'll just launch the .exe's of the games and have a timer that goes on in the background until you close the exe.

Is it me or are all those Anime deals the same as the baseline deals from the winter sale?

EDIT: well except Carpe Fulgur stuff because it got lost in the mail

This close to the end of the Winter sale, I would imagine some people would be pretty pissed if the discounts were a little bigger.

Too soon for higher discounts I would imagine.

MRORANGE

Just over a day to go before voting ends.

jHvBOTN.png

Welcome to the 2nd SteamGAF GOTY Award, every year gaffers choose choose games they thought were GOTY contenders on Steam,
game with the highest point score is crowned SteamGAF's GOTY. Check out last year's nail-biting results.

Rules and deadline:
- Up to 5 games can be chosen
- 1st choice gets 5 points, 2nd choice gets 4 points and so on ... 5th game will get 1 point.
- You can write a short paragraph on why you the the 1st choice is a GOTY contender.
- Game must be on Steam and released from 2014
- Episodic games that overlap 2013/2014 can be counted as long as they have not been used in the 2013 Steam GOTY
- Re-release in 2014 are allowed in the Steam GOTY, for example FFXIII
- APS used if it's a tie, like last time >_>
- Vote thrown if the bin if you fail to follow rules
t1420848000z0.png

How to vote:
Copy this and send me a PM:

Code:
[B]Game 5 (1 point) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 4 (2 points) [/B]: INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 3 (3 points) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 2 (4 points) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 1  (5 points) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE

[B]Why I want this game as GOTY  (Optional) :[/B] WRITE COMMENTS HERE

Gaffers who have voted so far:

Lomax

This close to the end of the Winter sale, I would imagine some people would be pretty pissed if the discounts were a little bigger.

Too soon for higher discounts I would imagine.

Eh, virtually none of these games got dailies, it would make sense to see those "daily" type prices in this deal.

Chariot

Gah, my hands. I just tried to do the final tower in Shovel Knight was very angry at the last stage, but somehow managed it despite a lot of rage, defeated seven of the eight knights in battle and then died to the last one that only got like 4 hearts left. And I am sure after those there is still a final boss fight waiting ;___;
I don't survive anymore of this today.

MAN, still no Cladun X2 on sale..? It's never gonna happen, is it?

ZfgoH.gif

Gah, my hands. I just tried to do the final tower in Shovel Knight was very angry at the last stage, but somehow managed it despite a lot of rage, defeated seven of the eight knights in battle and then died to the last one that only got like 4 hearts left. And I am sure after those there is still a final boss fight waiting ;___;

image.php

tmarg

I actually thought that stage was kinda easy compared to the final regular stages before it. You can get a lot of health in that game, so usually the bosses aren't to bad, with the possible exception of the polar guy who can OHK with the spikes.

Chariot

I actually thought that stage was kinda easy compared to the final regular stages before it. You can get a lot of health in that game, so usually the bosses aren't to bad, with the possible exception of the polar guy who can OHK with the spikes.
Yeah, he is the worst one. The spikes are so annoying. Pest Knight is pretty shitty too, I just hate his mobility. All individual aren't a big problem, but for these too especially I need more mana which is isn't refilled as plenty as the health. It was pretty close, so I think I can do it in a few more tries, but I am pretty exhausted right now. Plus, if right afterwards the Enchantress barges in I would've probably cried myself into sleep tonight.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Summoner -- MB-D43BAC58586A2035 - Taken by Knurek. 7 entrants total.
Blood Knights -- MB-A337A1BEABD11B89 - Taken by K.Sabot. 6 entrants total.
Tales From Space Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-01AD80F9DB4CD20E - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-F7E310EA553C0089 - Taken by tioslash. 4 entrants total.
Chronology -- MB-4A90443314175C94 - Taken by thereisnoif. 3 entrants total.
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-900807C97F69F455 - Taken by Madn. 1 entrants total.
Probably Archery -- MB-7ADD19C606608BED - Taken by Darth Kupi. 6 entrants total.

t1420763243z1.png
x

As you'd expect the thread with gaf's most antecipated games turned into a shitstorm of everyone shitting on each other's opinions and the games that weren't on their personal list.
Wouldn't it be nice if instead it was a celebration of the amazing year that awaits us?

Maniac

Banned
Gents, I could use a hand here. I realise this may be more suitable for another thread, but I don't trust anyone but you silly buggers. What's the difference between WD Red, Green & Blue? I've not quite decided whether I want a 1TB or 3TB drive, but I really cannot figure out what's what.

edit: I personally wouldn't mind getting Cortana, if she's any good. If she could be used like VoiceAttack (or whatever it's called) then I'd be all in on the hype train. And really, I cannot in any way believe that they'd be stupid, and naive enough to pull another GFWL.

Come on, they're not that incompetent, surely?

... Right guys?...

Guys...?
:(

Maniac

Banned
I must say I love how Microsoft just can't be arsed coming up with names so they just play a bit of Halo and use something from there.

Brilliant, especially considering that they're using said naming for stuff on PC aswell, where... They wont let us have Halo because they're incredibly desperate about making a profit off of their long Xbox-tenure.

Sigh

Hanzou

Gents, I could use a hand here. I realise this may be more suitable for another thread, but I don't trust anyone but you silly buggers. What's the difference between WD Red, Green & Blue? I've not quite decided whether I want a 1TB or 3TB drive, but I really cannot figure out what's what.

edit: I personally wouldn't mind getting Cortana, if she's any good. If she could be used like VoiceAttack (or whatever it's called) then I'd be all in on the hype train. And really, I cannot in any way believe that they'd be stupid, and naive enough to pull another GFWL.

Come on, they're not that incompetent, surely?

... Right guys?...

Guys...?
:(
Red drives are meant for NAS boxes. Green drives are meant for storage. A little slow but don't cause much heat or use as much energy. Black drives are the fastest ones meant as a more primary drive but are quite a bit more expensive. Blue drives are a nice medium where they are decent in speed and pretty cheap. As I said in my last post. I picked up a blue drive and it is similar to my 5 year old black drive I have. I should add that the new black drives should be quicker than my old one though.

If you go for one tb (you get about 930 gigs after fotmatting) you will find the blue drives is the cheapest of the bunch.

I must say I love how Microsoft just can't be arsed coming up with names so they just play a bit of Halo and use something from there.

Brilliant, especially considering that they're using said naming for stuff on PC aswell, where... They wont let us have Halo because they're incredibly desperate about making a profit off of their long Xbox-tenure.

Sigh

You'll see the MCC on PC within the next 18-24 months or you can ban the shit out of my account.

Maniac

Banned
Red drives are meant for NAS boxes. Green drives are meant for storage. A little slow but don't cause much heat or use as much energy. Black drives are the fastest ones meant as a more primary drive but are quite a bit more expensive. Blue drives are a nice medium where they are decent in speed and pretty cheap. As I said in my last post. I picked up a blue drive and it is similar to my 5 year old black drive I have. I should add that the new black drives should be quicker than my old one though.

If you go for one tb (you get about 930 gigs after fotmatting) you will find the blue drives is the cheapest of the bunch.

Ah yes, thanks. Guess I'll pick up a green. I'd love a blue, but since they seem to come in at 1TB max capacity I'm not quite sure about them.

Or am I!? Dun dun duuunnnnn... Stay tuned!

Seriously though, cheers mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom