• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmarg

Most likely not legit either.

It's a conspiracy.

I hope.

:(

Even if they are serious about it, I can't see many developers going along with it. Especially since so many of them are still trying to clean up their games and get them back in a sellable state after using MS last botched attempt at an online platform.

Spares

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Speedball 2 HD -- MB-14BA8FECDA477294 - Taken by factorone
The Chaos Engine -- MB-E41F7D13F613FF6B - Taken by autoduelist

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
An actual topic on the Resident Evil HD Steam Boards:

"Are we making this a thing now?
I keep seeing old games re-appearing on steam for silly prices, like 15 or 20 bucks, when you can them for anything from 1 dollar to 5 through other sources. or maybe they think they're worth that much because their not being sold normally anymore XD"

'_' I really need to stop being curious and visiting those boards.

L.O.R.D

so , RE HD is $15.50 on GMG using this code

HAPPYN-EWYEAR-22OFFG

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/sa/en/pc/games/action/resident-evil-hd-remaster/

VQIBPNh.jpg

i wish it was on VIP section so i can use my credit

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Croixleur Sigma -- MB-4B42F309245E2FDE - Taken by bigzgod. 29 entrants total.
eXceed 3rd - Jade Penetrate Black Package -- MB-9E727DAD8F959FB2 - Taken by mrks. 11 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst -- MB-2EF8E2038529CF5C - Taken by fspm. 49 entrants total.
Ys Origin -- MB-CB7A95A505253387 - Taken by Cth. 31 entrants total.
Long Live The Queen -- MB-37CAF1BA8630A042 - Taken by GaussTek. 20 entrants total.
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale -- MB-2780EFD64F24B318 - Taken by Blitzhex. 29 entrants total.
Eryi's Action -- MB-66F8537CD239047B - Taken by auroragoryalice. 11 entrants total.

t1420760244z1.png

autoduelist

Darn, isthereanydeal sent an email earlier today that
$1.87 (-94%) on GamersGate, activates on Steam

but... going to the site it's $7.50. Not that I need to be spending money regardless, at least now I can pass on it w/o feeling bad.

It's been a while since my last writeup, but I aim to do these more frequently this year.

8Si50WN.jpg

I had a little time during the holidays to try out some more games on my Surface Pro 3. I didn’t have a lot of time at once to devote to a game, so I went for something I could play on and off between doing other things. A friend suggested I check out LYNE. I had planned on doing Don't Starve or FTL for my second installment, but those will have to wait until a later date. Peggle and Bejeweled coming soon.

----------

LYNE

+ Works perfectly with just touch controls.
+ Supports the Surface Pro 3’s native 2160x1440 resolution for full-screen.
+ Given that it’s pretty simple graphically, the tablet doesn’t get too hot when playing, unlike most games.
- Saves are stored in the registry and not in a save file, and thus, no Steam cloud. So you won’t be able to continue where you left off if your save is on another computer unless you manually copy the registry entry over. I haven’t tried it myself. The developer has mentioned a couple codes you can enter on the title screen to unlock some or all of the levels if you'd like to avoid having to redo everything on different computer.
- If you play fullscreen, there’s no way to exit the game unless you use the Windows button to get out of the game and close it from the taskbar. If you have the type cover attached you can use the escape key to exit the game.

Aside from the lack of cloud saves and the small issue with exiting the game, LYNE performed flawlessly on the SP3 and I highly recommend it if you’re looking for a puzzle game to play on yours. Personally, I played it in a small window so I could do other things at the same time. LYNE is great for that, as you can play it at your own pace.

----------
Previous entries: Pinball FX2

Sajjaja

Darn, isthereanydeal sent an email earlier today that
$1.87 (-94%) on GamersGate, activates on Steam

but... going to the site it's $7.50. Not that I need to be spending money regardless, at least now I can pass on it w/o feeling bad.

What game are you even talking about?

Have any of you guys ever bought from ******* before? They have the Amalur collection for like $10 (what it was on the Steam sale, but I missed it), but I'm really hesitant to since I've never eveen heard of them before.

Don't buy from them, whoever they are. Key resellers are not ever worth the hassle.

Deitus

Have any of you guys ever bought from ******* before? They have the Amalur collection for like $10 (what it was on the Steam sale, but I missed it), but I'm really hesitant to since I've never eveen heard of them before.

The fact that they appear to be a banned site would certainly give me doubts that they are trustworthy.

MattyG

Banned
Don't buy from them, whoever they are. Key resellers are not ever worth the hassle.

The fact that they appear to be a banned site would certainly give me doubts that they are trustworthy.
Oh wow, wouldn't have even realized they were banned if you hadn't said anything haha. Welp, guess I'll just have to wait for the next sale. Glad I asked you guys first, thanks!

Even if they don't directly steal from you, a lot of grey market resellers deal in stolen keys, which could end up being revoked in the future or worse. Supporting shady key websites harms the publisher, the developer, other stores, and yourself as well.

Key resellers: not even once.
Damn, didn't know that. That's pretty shitty, thanks for the heads up.

Even if they don't directly steal from you, a lot of grey market resellers deal in stolen keys, which could end up being revoked in the future or worse. Supporting shady key websites harms the publisher, the developer, other stores, and yourself as well.

Key resellers: not even once.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yay take my cards money!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Bayonetta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mountain -- MB-17562AE08132EC13 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado. 9 entrants total.
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger -- MB-85903DF7593DE837 - Taken by darkchewie. 14 entrants total.

t1420758563z1.png

good stuff , have most of those games and i like all of them except naruto , i hate naruto games

Really? The games are fun and they're absolutely gorgeous to look at. The online is a joke from both a connectivity and balance standpoint, but that's a whole other discussion. Waiting for the last one that will put EVERY arc together, instead buying each one every year.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've been getting a lot of phishing comments on my profile as of late, it's really starting to get to me.

Make sure to update your comment permissions:

http://steamcommunity.com/my/edit/settings

You can change it to "Private" or "Friends Only" to get rid of random people who aren't your friends leaving comments on your profile.

I've been getting a lot of phishing comments on my profile as of late, it's really starting to get to me.

I haven't gotten any in my profile comments yet but I got another 2 random invites overnight.

Me: Cool, someone wants to me to join something or be inundated with my crap screenshots.

Reality: Level 0, private profile, no firends groups in commom. :(

Cth

Has anyone played Eternal Winter? I'm curious about it but its the only game out of the bundle I'm interested in. I just picked up The Long Dark recently and was hoping for more opinions.

bluechox2

I haven't gotten any in my profile comments yet but I got another 2 random invites overnight.

Me: Cool, someone wants to me to join something or be inundated with my crap screenshots.

Reality: Level 0, private profile, no firends groups in commom. :(

i just ignore them all...they come when you post something in steam discussions or join a large group

Spares

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Spoiler Alert: Collector's Edition -- MB-6E7EFF9F58942643 - Taken by Lomax
Chuck's Challenge 3D -- MB-4BC2F6E9E060768F - Taken by WinterDemons
Enemy Mind -- MB-D01D1D77281077A9 - Taken by Sarcasm
Waves -- MB-79EFA43F28CAF3ED - Taken by Naked Snake

Make sure to update your comment permissions:

http://steamcommunity.com/my/edit/settings

You can change it to "Private" or "Friends Only" to get rid of random people who aren't your friends leaving comments on your profile.

I remember when Indiegala gave away that free game (memories of a vagabond, I think it was) and it would only activate if you set everything in your profile to public. So if that sort of thing occurs, one can't forget to switch it back immediately. It's a pretty scummy move for them to ask for it in the first place, but at least my profile remains free of comments.

Really? The games are fun and they're absolutely gorgeous to look at. The online is a joke from both a connectivity and balance standpoint, but that's a whole other discussion. Waiting for the last one that will put EVERY arc together, instead buying each one every year.

i agree that the visuals are great but i dont like the gameplay that it offers

madjoki

I remember when Indiegala gave away that free game (memories of a vagabond, I think it was) and it would only activate if you set everything in your profile to public. So if that sort of thing occurs, one can't forget to switch it back immediately. It's a pretty scummy move for them to ask for it in the first place, but at least my profile remains free of comments.

Comment permission is different than profile publicity. You can have public profile with private comments.

Adventis

Aww yssss, the Ys games are finally on sale~
bad pun I know =\
It's as good a time as any to get them since they didn't pop up in the winter sale, mirite?

I think I may have played a bit of Origin way back when it came out on PSP (the original one), but didn't get very far in and it was ages ago, so I'll just approach this as a complete newbie.
Should I be starting with Ys: Origin first?

Also, if my funds would be better suited to getting only 2 out of the 3, would Origin and Oath be sufficient? Or is Ys I + II good enough to warrant getting the entire series?

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
Still need to watch Seasons 2 and 3 of Korra. Haven't made the time for it yet. I watched Season 1 a looooong time ago, even though I remember the basic story of it.
Read a summary of season 2. Only watch it if you have a very high tolerance to relationship melodrama. I finished season 3 just two days ago and it was SO much better.

Monooboe

Read a summary of season 2. Only watch it if you have a very high tolerance to relationship melodrama. I finished season 3 just two days ago and it was SO much better.

Hmh I quit with Korra during the second season, just couldn't get into it.:S Might go back to it as it sounds it gets much better.

Sarcasm

So looking at the anime sale..three games I want.

Than I see:

"Historical Lowest Price XXX at steam on XX XX XX"

Why were the games cheaper before on steam? Oo

So looking at the anime sale..three games I want.

Than I see:

"Historical Lowest Price XXX at steam on XX XX XX"

Why were the games cheaper before on steam? Oo

The anime sale has rather poor discounts.

One Way Heroics in particular has the worst sale price I've ever seen.

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
This isn't the first time I've felt like the anime voices got louder and more annoying and some of the other non-anime voices started quieting down and going elsewhere for their entertainment. :|
I feel like the balance has shifted increasingly towards anime to the point where it seems like this is more AnimeGamesGAF than SteamGAF, and any discussion on other topics that are not anime is far less likely to gain any traction.
Feel free to start a discussion (unless you already did, I'm like 10 pages back).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom