• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I hope everyone realizes that Capcom can't be reasoned with. There is no voting with your dollars or passing a test.

Capcom can be influenced as much as a fresh shit in a wind tunnel on full blast.

TsuXna

Revelations was not mediocre, was the closest thing we've got to an old style Resident Evil in a long time and it was great.

LLTQ and Analogue are much better than Bazblue, but I don't like fighting games, so meh.
I thought both of those games are simulators, which I am not fan of.
Do you have Ys games?
I have not. Would you recommend it?

Just read review on strider, looks like a worth game to buy for 5$

Deques

I thought both of those games are simulators, which I am not fan of.

It's recommended. Be warned, Ys 1 and Ys 2 have a strange fighting mechanic, where you have to run into enemies in order to hit them. It can be confusing at the beginning but you will get used to it eventually

Tizoc

Just read review on strider, looks like a worth game to buy for 5$
Strider is my GotY contender and I personally liked it.

...and Hell YES I'd recommend Ys, it's the great Action RPG series you've never played.
Get all 3 Ys games, or at least Oath in Felghana (Ys 3) and Origin. Play OiF first followed by Origin as Origin improves on OiF's already great gameplay system.
...and of course the obligatory
s2igs71.jpg

Vibranium

Banned
I hope everyone realizes that Capcom can't be reasoned with. There is no voting with your dollars or passing a test.

Capcom can be influenced as much as a fresh shit in a wind tunnel on full blast.

Well even if it's fruitless, that's still ok I guess. I have a great game to give away at some point.

Itchy. Tasty. (The Keeper's Diary is damn iconic).

Tizoc

Well even if it's fruitless, that's still ok I guess. I have a great game to give away at some point.

Good games deserve exposure and being experienced by as much people as possible, which IMO is the thing that matters the most.

Knurek

Holy hell, RE1make runs at 30fps on PS4?
What the eff, Capcom, you're literally rendering a single player model most of the time. How can that not run at 60fps?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Capcom really is proof that we live in a random universe devoid of meaning.

MRORANGE

Is it wrong that I want the tallying to be done fast and for the list to be up quickly :p
Looking forward to seeing the results MRORANGE, I take it, it'll be its own thread on GD? Would help to expose more GAFfers to what good PC games are out there.

The plan is to post results here then make a thread on gaming side. Results around 17th January 9pm GMT hopefully.

-MD-

Holy hell, RE1make runs at 30fps on PS4?
What the eff, Capcom, you're literally rendering a single player model most of the time. How can that not run at 60fps?

Not only that but the frame rate drops pretty frequently.

Tizoc

Yeah, it's ridicoulous. I see really no reasons on why Remake can't run at 60 fps :l

As has been mentioned in the RE Remake threads, it is because of the pre-rendered backgrounds running at 30 FPS. You can ask in those threads or read through them to get a proper answer.
The plan is to post results here then make a thread on gaming side. Results around 17th January 9pm GMT hopefully.

Oof that's almost a week away, looking forward to it regardless
gabenubq2d.gif

-MD-

As has been mentioned in the RE Remake threads, it is because of the pre-rendered backgrounds running at 30 FPS. You can ask in those threads or read through them to get a proper answer.

Except that the PC version runs at 60fps.

Sini

Yeah I get the feeling there's very few Win 8 owners here. Use a Microsoft Account to sign in?
I use 8.1 and that widows account sign in will be most stupid thing ever if it ever becomes mandatory. There's no way I will remember my 24 digit randomly generated passwords.

Also there's no way first party XBONE games on windows will be Steamworks.

TsuXna

It's recommended. Be warned, Ys 1 and Ys 2 have a strange fighting mechanic, where you have to run into enemies in order to hit them. It can be confusing at the beginning but you will get used to it eventually
Lol, I am actually used to that kind of mechanic since I used to play old games a lot.
I'll give that game a try, thank you.

Strider is my GotY contender and I personally liked it.

...and Hell YES I'd recommend Ys, it's the great Action RPG series you've never played.
Get all 3 Ys games, or at least Oath in Felghana (Ys 3) and Origin. Play OiF first followed by Origin as Origin improves on OiF's already great gameplay system.
...and of course the obligatory
s2igs71.jpg
I'll get one of them first and see whether I like it or not. Thanks :3

Tizoc

Get hype
0beJpMr.jpg

It is coming to Steam, yeah we got no page YET but you know this'll be #1 in no time on Steam

Nabs

Lol, I am actually used to that kind of mechanic since I used to play old games a lot.
I'll give that game a try, thank you.

I'll get one of them first and see whether I like it or not. Thanks :3

If you're just going for one, I'd recommend Felghana.

joe2187

Banned
If I uninstall the steam software and then re-install would I have to re-install all my games?

The steam desktop is completely fucked for me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If I uninstall the steam software and then re-install would I have to re-install all my games?

The steam desktop is completely fucked for me.

Delete everything except for the steamapps and userdata folders and Steam.exe, then run said exe. It's practically the same thing as reinstalling Steam the traditional way.

autoduelist

Risk of Rain is pretty amazing. I had zero idea what kind of game it was going in, and discovered an absolute gem. Stage 2 destroyed me though, and I thought I had a pretty good run.

Does anyone know the source of this? I usually don't care, but I just can't tell if the dude just won the lottery or just found out horrible news.

-MD-

Does anyone know the source of this? I usually don't care, but I just can't tell if the dude just won the lottery or just found out horrible news.

Haha I have no clue, I saw it yesterday in GAF's OT and thought it was hilarious.

He definitely smoked something good though.

Adventis

Origin is PC exclusive, so it must've been Ys 1 or Oath you played on PSP. Origin is IMO the best game from the series on Steam, but it's arguable that Oath is a better starting point since Origin's story is tied in with Ys 1+2.
As for whether you should buy Ys 1+2 or not, it's difficult to say because the battle system in those games is pretty unique-you run into enemies and, if you don't hit them head on you'll damage them, while you'll take damage otherwise. I think it's a very neat system and therefore worth playing, but if you're on the fence it's worth bearing in mind that the games have all been 75% off before, and will be that price again, so you could wait for a better sale.

Hmm, after checking out some videos, think it must have been Ys Seven that I played and I just got them mixed up. Thanks for the advice, I'll give the purchase some thought then!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Attention, Hexcells expert:

what do? is there any way to solve situations like these without guessing? did I start in the wrong end, or what went wrong?

Arthea

wait they changed Anime sale? Cho Dengeki is now on sale, it wasn't yesterday!

Been out all day, what games on sale today that you really consider as must-haves?

must haves no questions asked?:
Trails
100% Orange Juice
Hatoful Boyfriend
Recettear
Long Live The Queen
Ys games

calling out hexcells expert:

what do? is there any way to solve situations like these without guessing? did I start in the wrong end, or what went wrong?

it's obvious, only 1 blue hex is left, so top one is not blue.

gngf123

Risk of Rain is pretty amazing. I had zero idea what kind of game it was going in, and discovered an absolute gem. Stage 2 destroyed me though, and I thought I had a pretty good run.

It's from a YouTube video. They were playing FIFA and whoever lost had to eat a testicle as a forfeit.

Think this guy just missed an easy shot.

Knurek

F4948EE909A3BCC076C7A2F952E2D0A5AB3D7596

You have only one blue tile remaining, and the {3} one has only two before it
Meaning the single blue tile will be either of the three yellow adjacent to it.
So you can safely mark the upper yellow as not blue.
I guess it will have a hint that helps you.

EDIT:

Very positive writeup for The Depths of Tolagal
Was in a recent Groupees GL bundle, so should be in your library. Might want to give it a try.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
damn, busted. need more coffe, lol :D Focused too much on the bracket numbers, I guess

thanks for the help guys!

Arthea

HB does it again, I want Dream, and would bite getting 2 other games with it, but not $15 want. Somehow their top tier is almost never right, even when I bought it, I felt that I shouldn't.

Ys games
Strider
King of Fighters 13 and 98 UM
TitS
C.F. Bundle/Collection

Off the top of my head.

wait they changed Anime sale? Cho Dengeki is now on sale, it wasn't yesterday!

must haves no questions asked?:
Trails
100% Orange Juice
Hatoful Boyfriend
Recettear
Long Live The Queen
Ys games

it's obvious, only 1 blue hex is left, so top one is not blue.
Thanks guys.

Deques

To Fantomena or someone else from Norway. Is BlazBlue Continum Shift Extend available to you?

SteamDB has listed a price for it in Norwegian Steam store.

autoduelist

You never, ever, ever have to guess in Hexcells. There is always enough information on the screen to make your next move safely. You also can't 'start in the wrong end' or do anything wrong that would prevent you from moving forward.

EDIT - beaten to solution
In your example above, the 3 has {} around it, which means the blue must all be adjacent to each other. It already has 2 and just needs a third... 2 of the empties are 'possible' because they are adjacent, but the hex directly north isn't adjacent to the other blues so can not be it. Click it, and it'll have enough info to know how to proceed.

Miguel81

Just finished up RE4 pro. It was a bit more difficult than I expected, but it brought a sense of satisfaction upon completion. Now I've purchased my beautiful Matilda.

Both Assignment Ada and Separate Ways seem to have rather odd(janky) controls compared to the main campaign, and the pre-rendered cutscenes in the latter are bleh.

gngf123

how is KoF 13 in PC?

Great. Just make sure to play in borderless mode if you want full screen without noticeable input lag.

Netcode I believe is better than the console version, but I don't know how easy it will be for you to find matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom