• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derp

Managed to get the exact same card for every Trine 2 card drop. It was only 3 cards in a pool of 5, so the chance of that happening is 4% which is pretty cool. Really happy with that outcome.
FUCK
:)

AHA-Lambda

Happy Birthday!
you are doing it wrong, the older you get the younger you should feel, unless you are young (><)

Happy birthday AHA-Lambda!:D

Happy Birthday! May it be a great one, good sir(or madam).

punk+amazing.gif

Happy birthday, old man!

Happy birthday!

Mine is tomorrow, I'm dreading it already.

Man even I'm not that grim, and I really dislike this image because of its overuse.

Here, have a birthday cake
sonic_boom_ep_843sdb.png

Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday!

Happy B'Day!

Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday!

Happy bday!

Happy Birthday! :D

Happy birthday.

Happy B-Day :D

Happy birthday! I hope you enjoy your day of the year.

Damn, thanks guys :D

titch

Hmm that does look pretty cool. Sooo many games, as someone who just started buying Steam stuff its a bit overwhelming!

More actual worthwhile stuff than you could ever play let-a-lone the 'meh' stuff you also pick up because why not lol.

I feel your pain - bought a new pc for a couple of cheaper games and some cool looking indie titles.

Still worth it though just to find that one title that really really clicks - could easily be a meh title had it happen before.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Bloodshed Bundle:

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bund...m_medium=social&utm_campaign=bundle+bloodshed

Blood Knights - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Summoner
Guns of Icarus Online - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
To The Moon - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Last Inua - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Probably Archery - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Skilltree Saga
Chronology - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Making History II: The War of the World

When they offer 10% off or something like the first DLC for free.
I'm in for Mutant Blobs, Last Inua, and Chronology and already have To The Moon. No idea about the others.

Just wanted to see how many people are eligible since we haven't this in a while. :p
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Agarest Generations of War -- MB-7D2F9F1108DCB200 - Taken by Diedac. 26 entrants total.

t1420888494z1.png

Tizoc

One of these days I'm gonna make a list of what descriptions of games on Steam/PC are turn offs for me.

Just wanted to see how many people are eligible since we haven't this in a while. :p

Ooof 24 hours? Should've made it 3 hours haha.

IMO 24 hours should be for like big mega giveaways, or if you're just being mean :p

Arthea

greenlight update: another 85 games were greenlit in last couple of days.
very small list

obviously
Into the Stars

and
35MM
Cat Goes Fishing yay (><)
Dungeons & Robots
Blink
Rex Odyssey
Squirreltopia

and others a lot of them

and some new additions:
looks like bullet hell to me, but description says RPG?

this could be good, so far not much to see

another free to play VN
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=371182370

this look not bad
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=297179649

edited: there is increase of submissions with nothing to show just concept, probably rumours about easy and fast greenlitting got out (><)

Dr Dogg

Speaking or RE-REmake and that it drops on PS4, there's a vid on YouTube from those Digital Foundry rascals that looking at it every time the framerate dips is when a new prerendered background is displayed. Moving to the previous screen and back again is stable but a new transition will have a consistent momentary reduction in frametimes. Points to asset streaming by the looks of things so will keep an eye out but looking at their wonky overlays the frametimes go from 33ms to 60ish but in a flat transition with no variance or judder.

Capcom? Try every Japanese publisher.
Let them redo their games. They're bound to remember about Dragon's Dogma sooner or later.
one can only wish

Come now, Konami have just give up and focused on mobile, PES and Metal Gear :p. Squenix and Sega are more Western focused these days for their newer stuff and Capcom really look like they're in the shitter regardless of territory.

Also come on I'm the crazied loony buying all these late ports, I've got no issues with them at all but reading back through the thread a few pages there were a few expressing wanting Capcom for focus on new iterations of established franchises. Which when you look at their situation at the moment (especially after the DR3 and now SFV exclusivity deals) isn't likely to happen that often, hence my comment.

To retain some form of sanity I tell myself the Dragons Dogma dream is dead but then when a game from 2008 gets a Special Edition in 2015, ie DMC4, you just can't rule anything off the cards. If there's a sequel, reboot or online DD in the works it would make sense to throw out a Dragons Dogma HDier Edition to stoke up interest. Self tortured until the last :(

Ah so QLOC may be on the case? Fantastic news if so.

Speculation by one nutter (ie me) but as I said I wouldn't be surprised. 5 versions is a big undertaking for one company let alone factoring in it's an engine not on PC before in any capacity and going from the requirements has plenty of scalability.

Tizoc

greenlight update: another 85 games were greenlit in last couple of days.
very small list

obviously
Into the Stars

and
35MM
Cat Goes Fishing yay (><)
Dungeons & Robots
Blink
Rex Odyssey
Squirreltopia

and others a lot of them

and some new additions:
looks like bullet hell to me, but description says RPG?

this could be good, so far not much to see

another free to play VN
[/URL]

this look not bad
[/URL]

edited: there is increase of submissions with nothing to show just concept, probably rumours about easy and fast greenlitting got out (><)

C. Pale Mist was, if not still, on EU and US PSN. It was a 2D action game but I kinda got bored of it, hope it finds a good audience on Steam though. It's a 2D action game with some bullet hell elements.

Crescent Pale Mist's genre is "Action Adventure Strategy RPG Shooter"

Yep..it is literally all of those things and more.

It's a doujin game with a pretty high learning curve. It's interesting, and possibly entertaining if you can wrap your head around its various subsystems.

Gets pretty repetitive though.

(I have the PSN version...I think? I know I've played it before)

While on topic, are any of the Vanguard Princess dlcs worth getting?

Apparently you should just grab the Lilith DLC. It adds a playable character + some other stuff. The Hilda Rize DLC just adds the same playable character, but nothing else.

On the other hand. It's probably unnecessary. The DLC character is the broken final boss and is unusable in most of the competitive modes.

Deques

Spares from the older bundles

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deques, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Majesty Gold HD -- MB-EDA6A34DF1E39DA8 - Taken by pahamrick. 2 entrants total.
Solar Flux -- MB-7A1AFA20F64B9BD5 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Dawn of Fantasy -- MB-C1467BEA19E413EE - Taken by Dusk Golem. 2 entrants total.
3089 -- MB-A18D7220BA18CACC - Taken by Naked Snake. 1 entrants total.
Dead Effect -- MB-3A6E6B67201315BF - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.
CastleMiner Z -- MB-E12FE62425559913 - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
Epigenesis -- MB-818FBB05B53A11B6 - Taken by drizzle. 1 entrants total.

t1420805907z1.png

Knurek

no cards, no cheevos, not buying!
I probably still will, but will they ever learn (><)

singlepay only... what are you talking about?

4 player as in you and 3 cpus
Most of ... those types of mahjong games are 1vs1 only, which simplifies the rules a lot.
Pity there's no MP here. :'(

Vlad

Hexcells series --
Minesweeper++. It's very similar to minesweeper, except more positional info may or may not be given (ie, number of 'mines' in a column or diagonal, or number of mines 'within 2 spaces', etc). Unlike Minesweeper, which requires a random start, Hexcells puzzles are designed by hand and are always solvable.
I found the first game (Hexcells) far too easy, although the 5th world of Hexcells Plus is starting to show some challenge (requiring multiple vectors of deduction to solve a puzzle). I hear Infinite is even harder, which is good.
Great games overall.

I had the exact same opinion as you regarding Hexcells and Plus. Don't think of the games as individual entities, but think of them as parts of a whole. Hexcells is the introductory levels, Plus is where things get more difficult, and Infinite is where you really get tested.

Risk of Rain is pretty amazing. I had zero idea what kind of game it was going in, and discovered an absolute gem. Stage 2 destroyed me though, and I thought I had a pretty good run.

Yeah, it's a great game, but something's felt "off" about it recently. They apparently did a huge overhaul to the game recently (new engine, etc), and broke a lot of stuff, judging by the forum. I beat the game pre-patch with every character and got all the unlocks, but post-patch, I haven't beat it once yet. As best I can tell, the difficulty got screwed up, and not in a good way. Some of the special (colored) enemies are taking WAY longer to kill than they used to. They always had more HP, but now they see, to have 5x what they used to in the old version of the game. I don't know if this is intentional or not, as it seems that the devs are staying pretty quiet about the whole thing.

Knurek

lol at the character descriptions.
But at least it's a Mahjong game. I wish they would translate/port the Saki psp game. That looked amazing, because you are not had regular mahjong, but actual special abilities and such.

Someone should make a game based on Mudazumo Naki Kaikaku

Seriously, Lunar Super Aryan Hitler duking it out with George W. Bush, Valdimir Putin and Benedict the XVIth beats moeblobs every day.

I thought Bolek and Lolek are famous, not this!

I've seen some of Bolek and Lolek, btw, and some cartoon with some wiz kid that had ideas bumping his head and then made things. I think that's all I know about Polish animu (><)

Bolek i Lolek, Reksio, Zaczarowany O&#322;ówek (the one with the wiz kid) and Mi&#347; Uszatek are like, my generation Thunderbirds, He-Man or Evangelion combined.

ExoSoul

Banned
You're making me regret gifting things directly through steam :p

Cheap GAF: Have the Ys games been cheaper before?
can't use ES on a tablet.
I wanna bite but that % is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.
Also is it just me or are certain deals in rotation?

Tizoc

Someone should make a game based on Mudazumo Naki Kaikaku

Seriously, Lunar Super Aryan Hitler duking it out with George W. Bush, Valdimir Putin and Benedict the XVIth beats moeblobs every day.

I wholeheartedly agree.
I need to catch up, that Manga was fuckin' epic.

Oh fuck, PolGAF:

Mi&#347; Uszatek game on Steam!!!one

Way, way more famous here than Pat & Mat

I never watched this but it looks nice, if the price is right, I'll grab it.

Jadax

stuff
ModBot said:
Instructions for Jadax:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jadax, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MIND: Path to Thalamus -- MB-80917E782DC5220C - Taken by Blitzhex. 4 entrants total.
Company of Heroes 2 The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West -- MB-D89EEC520507454A
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-848B1BF45A94CF29 - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
Lunar Flight #2 -- MB-4363FF802548BD6B - Taken by rrvv. 1 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-09F968820379AB88 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Post Master -- MB-BDE0B6E76888629B - Taken by wetflame. 3 entrants total.
Lunar Flight -- MB-37D04F2E73C9CE2F - Taken by Dice. 1 entrants total.
Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul (DLC) -- MB-D50E3B8D8DD1AE25
The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff (thesims3.com) -- MB-74DA83E6D628ECEE
The Sims 3 Late Night (thesims3.com) -- MB-66128DB2F2DD0E1A

t1420809867z1.png

Arthea

Any news on when will Tits 2 be released on steam? didn't they say it would come out before 2014's end?

It will come this year, that much we were assured of, last time March was mentioned as a bit too optimistic, so I'm guessing it's summer-autumn realistically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom