• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

seriously, get on that Long Live the Queen people, you'll thank me later. It's what choice based games should be and you'll unlikely find another one like it!
I so wish we had more games of this quality by now.

Chariot

seriously, get on that Long Live the Queen people, you'll thank me later. It's what choice based games should be and you'll unlikely find another one like it!
Well, at least on Steam :p
But I agree, buy Long Live the Queen!

Yeah, it's ridicoulous. I see really no reasons on why Remake can't run at 60 fps :l

I got a good laugh out of this in another thread where people were saying that this was proof of how underpowered current consoles are.

So anyway, GMG's 22% expires today. Is that the cheapest option? I don't see the game on nuuvem.

Deques

I got a good laugh out of this in another thread where people were saying that this was proof of how underpowered current consoles are.

So anyway, GMG's 22% expires today. Is that the cheapest option? I don't see the game on nuuvem.

For now it seems to be cheapest. Wait a few more days if you want to see if cheaper deals appear. It is still 1 week and 4 days before it is getting released

Monooboe

Hey waaaait a minute! Hexcells is like Minesweeper!? Now I am glad I didn't buy during the sale, me and Minesweeper have a long and intense past relationship and finding a new one just would be good for anybody.:S

mrgone

Is there some kind of special method get Steam's system tray menu to go the fuck away without clicking on one of the items in the list? It's been like this for years and on top of being super annoying it seems to be completely immune to everything but a task kill if you've managed to click on the icon while verifying a game's cache.

Sarcasm

Is there some kind of special method get Steam's system tray menu to go the fuck away without clicking on one of the items in the list? It's been like this for years and on top of being super annoying it seems to be completely immune to everything but a task kill if you've managed to click on the icon while verifying a game's cache.

Hitting esc usually works for me.

Arthea

Hey waaaait a minute! Hexcells is like Minesweeper!? Now I am glad I didn't buy during the sale, me and Minesweeper have a long and intense past relationship and finding a new one just would be good for anybody.:S

it's not exactly like Minesweeper, it's more of Picross meets minesweeper and also you absolutely should play it, it's great, you may have even more intense relationship with Hexcells games and it's good! (><)

mrgone

When it gets stuck like this esc no longer does anything - clicking an item works, but in this case, with the client tied up verifying a game, it just dings in that aggravating "I'm doing things, have some patience" tone.

AHA-Lambda

ovrwx.gif

Oh God I feel old :/

Arthea

I'm not talking about choose your adventure games... I'm talking about intrigues, murders, political alliances, marriages, wars or peace, duels, prosperity, good and evil choices. LLTQ is unique! ;)
ya I know about Crusader Kings II (><)

https://i.imgur.com/ovrwx.gif[/img

Oh God I feel old :/[/QUOTE]
Happy Birthday!
[SPOILER]you are doing it wrong, the older you get the younger you should feel, unless you are young (><)[/SPOILER]

Monooboe

it's not exactly like Minesweeper, it's more of Picross meets minesweeper and also you absolutely should play it, it's great, you may have even more intense relationship with Hexcells games and it's good! (><)

Oh shit, the other game besides Minesweeper that I can't get enough of is Picross! Yeah I need to get this games haha

Happy birthday AHA-Lambda!:D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

That doesn't help in the specific situation he mentioned. The jump bar essentially gets "stuck" and your click outside of it to have it disappear doesn't register until either Steam finishes the cache verification or you cancel it. That Steam becomes unusable when verifying data is one of the biggest issues the client still has after all these years.

dex3108

So i was arguing with my friend yesterday about PC delays (caused by GTA V and PC release almost year and a half later) and what is acceptable and what is not. In my opinion every game that is planned to be released on PC from beginning should be released on all platforms day one, but i can accept 1 month delay for various reasons. And if game is not planned to be released on PC but gets PC port months or years after is acceptable and i support that. This can be applied to all platforms not only PC.

So SteamGAF what is your opinion about this issue?

Knurek

I'm not talking about choose your adventure games... I'm talking about intrigues, murders, political alliances, marriages, wars or peace, duels, prosperity, good and evil choices. LLTQ is unique! ;)
ya I know about Crusader Kings II (><)

Do you know about King of Dragon Pass?

Oh shit, the other game besides Minesweeper that I can't get enough of is Picross! Yeah I need to get this games haha

Still no Picross games on Steam... :(
Come on Big Fish, I'd even take World Mosaics. Just add some achievs, cards for monies and release them

autoduelist

I keep hearing about it, but then I look and it's tagged VN. So... that scares me away.

The nice (or bad, depending on how you look at it) thing about Hexcells is that each puzzle is handcrafted. So while you'll be addicted while you work on each puzzle per game, once you solve them all you're done. So no massive minesweeper addiction.

But they do use similar parts of the brain -- you're figuring out 'safe' spots to unveil or mark based on minesweeper, picross, or other info.

_hekk05

Banned
Finally trying out ys origins. Am stuck on that centipede thing for 3 hours now. Its not that bad since they haven't asked me if I want to lower the difficulty yet.

Knurek

The nice (or bad, depending on how you look at it) thing about Hexcells is that each puzzle is handcrafted. So while you'll be addicted while you work on each puzzle per game, once you solve them all you're done. So no massive minesweeper addiction.

Hexcells Infinite has a random puzzle generator.
Not actually infinite, but more puzzles than you will be able to finish in your lifetime.
they are not as good as the handcrafted ones though

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So i was arguing with my friend yesterday about PC delays (caused by GTA V and PC release almost year and a half later) and what is acceptable and what is not. In my opinion every game that is planned to be released on PC from beginning should be released on all platforms day one, but i can accept 1 month delay for various reasons. And if game is not planned to be released on PC but gets PC port months or years after is acceptable and i support that. This can be applied to all platforms not only PC.

I'm not overly fussed. Better late than never, regardless of the circumstances.

Dr Dogg

I get the feeling why PC info wasn't available at the time of RE-REmake announcement might be to do with a certain Polish porting house working their magic on the PC version once again.

Also Capcom have been stuck in the Porting/Rehash grove for over a year now and continuing with DMC4/DmC lick-of-paint Editions and Monster Hunter 4 Neo Climax Edition. I wouldn't expect too many original entries into established franchises let alone new IP unless they have financial backing or massively turn things around financially.

Happy B'Day!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So is there a way to see which levels I need to 100% in Hexcells? Finished the first game with 95% and would love to complete the ones I made mistakes in.

edit: nevermind, found out. slightly less shiny shade of blue. that was subtle as hell

Miguel81

I'm lenient on the fact that some games get delayed. My pet peeve is when games are announced and they conveniently forget to mention PC/Steam. Like the DOA5 situation where it takes months for an official announcement. Some pubs still treat the PC as an afterthought which is saddening.

Deques

Finally trying out ys origins. Am stuck on that centipede thing for 3 hours now. Its not that bad since they haven't asked me if I want to lower the difficulty yet.

I got stuck in most of the boss fights. I didn't know what I was doing wrong. Leveling up was just grinding.
Then I found out that playing on the Nightmare difficulty wasn't for me. I restarted the game and lowered the difficulty to normal and I could beat most of the bosses without problems

Knurek

Also Capcom have been stuck in the Porting/Rehash grove for over a year now and continuing with DMC4/DmC lick-of-paint Editions and Monster Hunter 4 Neo Climax Edition. I wouldn't expect too many original entries into established franchises let alone new IP unless they have financial backing or massively turn things around financially.

Capcom? Try every Japanese publisher.
Let them redo their games. They're bound to remember about Dragon's Dogma sooner or later.
one can only wish

baterism

If it only a month or two I tend to OK because PC usually get more stuffs anyway with all mods and options. If several months or even years (not counting which haven't planned since beginning like VC), I'll delay my purchase to Sale time.

ovrwx.gif

Happy birthday!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

This is a complicated answer as each situation is potentially different as other issues can cause legitimate delays or partial exclusivity deals. On the development side, it is understandable if a smaller developer focuses on a single platform, or major consoles, before porting their game. Familiarity with the PC, and less popular operating systems like Linux or Mac as a gaming platform is also an issue; especially for Japanese developers who may not even know what Steam is. Beyond that, licensing issues and timed exclusive deals negotiated by the publishers, content holders, and dev's themselves can also delay a games release.

ovrwx.gif

Happy birthday.

Sarcasm

That doesn't help in the specific situation he mentioned. The jump bar essentially gets "stuck" and your click outside of it to have it disappear doesn't register until either Steam finishes the cache verification or you cancel it. That Steam becomes unusable when verifying data is one of the biggest issues the client still has after all these years.

Ah I never had this issue but I never use that taskbar menu thing. Only few times have I accidently activated it.

L.O.R.D

so , they removed my thread about RE 1 HD in the RE HD steam forum
i don't know why , put the thread i posted about GMG discount

that wierd , its not the first time someone in steam forum post about GMG discount
why now ?

that wierd , its not the first time someone in steam forum post about GMG discount
why now ?

They want people to pre-order at full price, kinda obvious.

-MD-

why now ?

Weird, I saw your thread on there earlier too.

I've seen lots of posts about GMG deals in those threads, wonder why they aced yours.

derExperte

New Wadjet adventure, named Technobabylon: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/09/technobabylon-wadjet-eye-adventure-game/

why now ?

Because every mod is different and some don't like or have the order to delete posts about deals outside of Steam.

Tizoc

why now ?

I posted about the GMG discount in both the review thread and the PS3/PS4 thread. I did mention about making a thread for the PC pre-order, but no one said anything. At least update the thread title for the pre-order thread to reflect PC ver. yeesh.

Deques

Goddammit Bandai, I won't buy your Naruto until it's at least 66%. 40% is shit.

hey fantomena
while you are here. Can you check if BlazBlue Continum Shift is available to you? I am only wondering since I see that SteamDB has listed a price in the Norwegian Steam store

It is. "BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend"

Wth?!? Norway is probably the only country in Europe that can buy it (ROW version) >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom