• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeroblade

FREE Vanguard Princess Steam key
1. Create a new Playfire account.
2. Link this Playfire account with Steam (Playfire settings).
3. The Steam key for "Vanguard Princess" will appear on your Playfire profile or mail.
4. Sometimes this takes a little bit longer. Please be patient.

Cool thanks! I like free stuff.

milena87

GMG VIP Deals

Batman: Arkham Knight - $44.99
Life Is Strange (Complete) - $13.85
Resident Evil HD Remaster - $14.99
Total War: Attila - $34.64
Blackguards 2 - $22.49
Pillars of Eternity - $33.74
Pillars of Eternity: Champion Edition - $44.99
Mortal Kombat X - $44.99
Metrocide - $9.74

I might buy Life Is Strange and finally use some of my GMG Credit...

Tizoc

GMG VIP Deals

Blackguards 2 - $22.49
Mortal Kombat X - $44.99
Metrocide - $9.74

How long are these gonna be up? I want to get LiS and RE HD at least, but I worry Nuuvem will get them for cheaper =X

swx

Indie Gala "FRIDAY SPECIAL" Bundle #9
https://www.indiegala.com/friday

Pay $1.99

Runes of Brennos
Cloning Clyde
Five Nights at Freddy's
The Desolate Hope
Theatre Of The Absurd
9th Company Roots Of Terror
Lunnye Devitsy
Hunters Of The Dead
Mythos The Beginning
Wake

How long are these gonna be up? I want to get LiS and RE HD at least, but I worry Nuuvem will get them for cheaper =X

No idea...they've done VIP deals a couple times before and they lasted a few days then either change to new deals or go away altogether. It's been a few weeks since they've had the VIP section up.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
oprahbees.gif

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Cloning Clyde -- MB-38631655DF06788B - Taken by fantomena
Wake & Lunnye Devitsy -- MB-A886DCCB0DB33875 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
9th Company: Roots Of Terror -- MB-BD492C487839786F
Theatre Of The Absurd -- MB-8F24D940DE487009 - Taken by Lomax
Five Nights at Freddy's -- MB-68D2721FDEE34FF4 - Taken by Purkake4
The Desolate Hope -- MB-D0F08D2D45390B1F - Taken by sensoft04

Dr Dogg

So was just trying to finish off the last 6 story missions of Mordor to get the first notch on the backlog bedpost for the year when I noticed my framerate had shockingly dropped off a cliff. Though it could be I've just swapped over this PC to Win 8 (only one PC in the house is on 7 now) but fired up Afterburner and it was showing 40-50fps where I was pretty much 60 Rock solid. Faffery about with various options and it only stabilised by pairing pretty much everything back to medium.

Finally thinking that it might be running in full screen instead of borderless I went to check and noticed the resolution scaling option was set to 150%. Yeah that will do it alright! Great that more games these days have higher than native rendering resolution support included but please, please, please include it as a seperate option from presentation resolution. That and variable HUD scaling options for various screen sizes and aspect ratios.

Maybe late to the party but is it true that GTAV keys sold outside of Steam are for Rockstar SocialClub? Just read this in post by a team member of Gamesplanet: https://de.gamesplanet.com/game/grand-theft-auto-v--2625-1? (German)

Don't know about digital keys but retail copies more than likely won't be Steam keys. Rockstar have some of the most crackers distribution practices for retail goods I've ever seen when trying to sort out my battered physical MP3 copy.

derExperte

Finally thinking that it might be running in full screen instead of borderless I went to check and noticed the resolution scaling option was set to 150%. Yeah that will do it alright! Great that more games these days have higher than native rendering resolution support included but please, please, please include it as a seperate option from presentation resolution. That and variable HUD scaling options for various screen sizes and aspect ratios.

That's probably due to Nvidia's DSR and not the game itself.

Ruruja

Happy birthday AHA-Lambda
------------
Good to see SteamGAF's 2014 Film of the Year leading the nominations at the BAFTAs. :)
------------
Does anyone know the source of this? I usually don't care, but I just can't tell if the dude just won the lottery or just found out horrible news.

Haha I have no clue, I saw it yesterday in GAF's OT and thought it was hilarious.

He definitely smoked something good though.

That gif is from my dropbox! I took the gif from Misc, it's quite popular on that forum so maybe you can find the origin there.

Alavard

So, anyone actually making progress on their Winter Sale purchases?

After beating Ethan Carter and Valiant Hearts, I seem to be spending all my time on Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (which I purchased in the Fall Sale), rather than playing any of the other half-dozen games I purchased in the Winter Sale.

On the plus side, I'm up to 49% of achievements in Rebirth and seem to be starting to get better at the game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Yep, I only bought Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes and have finished it as well as all the side missions and most of the achievements (13/16). The remaining 3 are kinda time consuming, but I might do them at some point in the future.

Sale accomplished.

Sini

I beat both games I got from there already.
Detective Grimoire on first and Never Alone on second January.

Edit: I actually got Never Alone from Nuuvem but whatever.

After beating Ethan Carter and Valiant Hearts, I seem to be spending all my time on Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (which I purchased in the Fall Sale), rather than playing any of the other half-dozen games I purchased in the Winter Sale.

On the plus side, I'm up to 49% of achievements in Rebirth and seem to be starting to get better at the game.

Umm, I played Octodad for maybe an hour. Got a couple levels in and I'm not really sure whether I want to finish it.

MRORANGE

Just over 7 hours to go.
jHvBOTN.png

Welcome to the 2nd SteamGAF GOTY Award, every year gaffers choose choose games they thought were GOTY contenders on Steam,
game with the highest point score is crowned SteamGAF's GOTY. Check out last year's nail-biting results.

Rules and deadline:
- Up to 5 games can be chosen
- 1st choice gets 5 points, 2nd choice gets 4 points and so on ... 5th game will get 1 point.
- You can write a short paragraph on why you the the 1st choice is a GOTY contender.
- Game must be on Steam and released from 2014
- Episodic games that overlap 2013/2014 can be counted as long as they have not been used in the 2013 Steam GOTY
- Re-release in 2014 are allowed in the Steam GOTY, for example FFXIII
- APS used if it's a tie, like last time >_>
- Vote thrown if the bin if you fail to follow rules
t1420848000z0.png

How to vote:
Copy this and send me a PM:

Code:
[B]Game 5 (1 point) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 4 (2 points) [/B]: INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 3 (3 points) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 2 (4 points) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 1  (5 points) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE

[B]Why I want this game as GOTY  (Optional) :[/B] WRITE COMMENTS HERE

Gaffers who have voted so far:

Alavard

Yep, I only bought Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes and have finished it as well as all the side missions and most of the achievements (13/16). The remaining 3 are kinda time consuming, but I might do them at some point in the future.

Sale accomplished.

All the completion stat screens being posted while the sale was still going on really made me want to pick up Ground Zeroes, but I think I'll wait until the next time it goes on sale after I upgrade my video card.

Just over 7 hours to go.

the anticipation is killing me.

All the completion stat screens being posted while the sale was still going on really made me want to pick up Ground Zeroes, but I think I'll wait until the next time it goes on sale after I upgrade my video card.

It's pretty fun for a small 'sandbox'. My first run through took an hour I think. Now i'm playing a game called 'kill everything'. It was fun, until I found out the silencer has a life expectancy which is now making things difficult.

Dr Dogg

That's probably due to Nvidia's DSR and not the game itself.

Nah it's more to do with me having 2 monitors connected and a TV as well and all at different resolutions and it's sent the game hay wire. Mordor ignores DSR due to having it's own rendering scaling based on your desktop resolution but it grabbed the wrong display when it started up then when it switched to the target one it blew it up to 150%. Ryse can do the same as it will only recognise your desktop resolution but you can only scale down not up. Though you can use DSR to set a higher desktop resolution and do it that way.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just over 7 hours to go.

Will the results be posted up at that time, or are they going to take a while to compile / format correctly / tease us Casey Kasem-style / etc?

So, i'm kinda liking Watch Dogs? I'm almost done with Act 1.

The game is kind of a mess, sure, but it's at least a interesting mess. Driving feels a bit loose, I don't like that there isn't a stealth way out of every situation (sometimes, you have no choice but to go the violent route), and the main character is a complete and total fucking turd. Also, i have PTSD from bioshock's pipeworks hacking system so seeing that in this game is somewhat deflating. Then there's the whole dissonance thing of a guy wanting to avenge the death of his niece by killing hundreds upon hundreds of people and driving around like a damn sociopathic recluse.

Buttttt there is some interesting stuff happening. The skills system seems alright, the dark souls-ish thing where you can invade and be invaded is kinda neat, and the game kinda looks/runs well maxed out on my 770/4770k, nearly 60 fps @ 1080p. and it's pretty satisfying to get someone off of your tail by raising a bridge or having blockers pop up.

I'm sure it's not going to get much better as i continue, but at least it's been a kind of enjoyable mess.

Some extras I had.

giphy.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

VELVET ASSASSIN -- MB-0810368DF428CC06 - Taken by agniswarm. 2 entrants total.
MECHANIC ESCAPE -- MB-D88ED798C7D2D8CE - Taken by Akuosa. 3 entrants total.
ROBIN HOOD: THE LEGEND OF SHERWOOD -- MB-8A14FBF19518B138 - Taken by Tizoc. 2 entrants total.

t1420823009z1.png

Tizoc

^Ugh yeah my bad, people have been also posting here just to share, sorry I'm too stressed out from work all of a sudden =_=

OK GAF, do I bite for Life is Strange and RE 1 HD off GMG for $30 combined? I could wait for Nuuvem and have a GAFfer buy the games for me though...do I wait or dive in?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
^Ugh yeah my bad, people have been also posting here just to share, sorry I'm too stressed out from work all of a sudden =_=

OK GAF, do I bite for Life is Strange and RE 1 HD off GMG for $30 combined? I could wait for Nuuvem and have a GAFfer buy the games for me though...do I wait or dive in?
Get em.

Panda Rin

GMG VIP Deals

Blackguards 2 - $22.49
Mortal Kombat X - $44.99
Metrocide - $9.74

cool beans, picked up Life is Strange.

L.O.R.D

wbacon [capcom] answered me finally

There are a couple of issues here, but I'll preface this post by stating from Capcom's perspective, it doesn't matter where the sale occurs. While I can't share details, Capcom still receives same revenue regardless of whether it's sold through Valve's store or GMG.

First problem is that it's against Steam's forum rules to include referrals and/or advertisements to another site.

Secondly, as some of you mentioned above, it's more of a common courtesy towards Valve. Posting referrals about a competing retailer on Valve's official forum is akin to walking into a GameStop and telling other customers not to buy here because you know a place across the street that sells the same game cheaper.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/304240/discussions/0/622954023421400421/?tscn=1420809493

i guess he is right
but that doesn't explain why there is alot of threads like that and they never get deleted

heck .. some times developers for other games make thread about their game is being discount in another place

Madn

I finally managed to beat BIT.TRIP RUNNER.
I got stuck on the level before the last boss and I kept going between this game and other stuff. I was surpised that the last boss was actually really easy.
There isn't even a last boss, it's just an easy level

As my first rythm game (besides the odd levels in Rayman Legends) I enjoyed it a lot. I already own the sequel (got it in the winter sale) so I'm looking forward to that one!

I finally managed to beat BIT.TRIP RUNNER.
I got stuck on the level before the last boss and I kept going between this game and other stuff. I was surpised that the last boss was actually really easy.
There isn't even a last boss, it's just an easy level

As my first rythm game (besides the odd levels in Rayman Legends) I enjoyed it a lot. I already own the sequel (got it in the winter sale) so I'm looking forward to that one!

It's one of my favorite games, I played it on 3DS and I believe I finished it (or maybe stopped at the last level). I played a little of the sequel but it didn't grab me like the first one.

It's one of my favorite games, I played it on 3DS and I believe I finished it (or maybe stopped at the last level). I played a little of the sequel but it didn't grab me like the first one.

Same here. The 3DS game was cool. The sequel, which I was afraid wouldn't be as good due to its art style, actually mostly disappointed me because it started the difficulty curve from the beginning again. I was not having fun playing levels that were far easier than the levels I finished the first one on. I think they tried to make it longer too, which only exacerbates the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom