• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

GMG VIP Deals

Batman: Arkham Knight - $44.99
Life Is Strange (Complete) - $13.85
Resident Evil HD Remaster - $14.99
Total War: Attila - $34.64
Blackguards 2 - $22.49
Pillars of Eternity - $33.74
Pillars of Eternity: Champion Edition - $44.99
Mortal Kombat X - $44.99
Metrocide - $9.74

Waiting for VIP deals was a good idea, I can use my GMG credit to buy Resident Evil HD Remaster :)

L.O.R.D

GMG VIP Deals

Blackguards 2 - $22.49
Mortal Kombat X - $44.99
Metrocide - $9.74

YES

now to buy RE HD for $10

HoosTrax

I had a feeling that they weren't doing so hot. They kind of went for the more mainstream audience with DiRT Showdown and GRID 2, and lost a bit of favor with their core audience, and I'm not sure they managed to capture the NFS audience.

They tried to amend things with GRID Autosport, but the quality of the assets were kind of lacking. The cockpit view looked like hot garbage.

And now they're competing with hot new IPs like PCARS and Assetto Corsa, which seem to deliver far more impressive cockpit views.

HoosTrax

This is the first time I've seen this:

English language not supported
This product does not have support for your local language. Please review the supported language list below before purchasing

I thought Steam's rules were that an English version that ran on Windows was the minimum requirement for a game to be sold.

Game looks kind of interesting -- like a Japanese version of the Spiderweb Software games (Exile, Avernum, Avadon, etc).

Ozium

Sunless Sea will be leaving Early Access on February 6.

I've played it here and there as it updated and it's pretty fun... it's a slower paced exploration/survival(?) game mixed with a text adventure.... it's very atmospheric. Been holding off until the map and stories were done.. looking forward to it!

If you have bought it in EA you are guaranteed to receive all expansions and story DLC for free, but the only one planned for sure right now is the submarine expansion that was a kickstarter goal.

L.O.R.D

Qj9IiIw.jpg

now back to the waiting game

CrsoJbL.gif

Same here. The 3DS game was cool. The sequel, which I was afraid wouldn't be as good due to its art style, actually mostly disappointed me because it started the difficulty curve from the beginning again. I was not having fun playing levels that were far easier than the levels I finished the first one on. I think they tried to make it longer too, which only exacerbates the problem.

The art style is a total departure from the original and the whole Bit.Trip series, I don't know what they were thinking. And the insistent narration and the many screens and menus you have to skip to jump in the game every time you fire it up is very annoying.

because the %25 discount code is already used on those game
the VIP offer is there if you want to use your credits with the discount

Sometimes codes work even within the VIP section. I've done it before. I was trying to use a 22% code I got in the mail a few days ago but it doesn't work, it did work for me on other occasions though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This is the first time I've seen this:

I thought Steam's rules were that an English version that ran on Windows was the minimum requirement for a game to be sold.

Game looks kind of interesting -- like a Japanese version of the Spiderweb Software games (Exile, Avernum, Avadon, etc).

They've actually never had such a rule. For a long time, stuff that was visible on Steampowered required English support, but that rule seems to have gone by the wayside as of the Chinese-only language KOEI / Romance of the Three Kingdoms stuff last summer. Looks like they've now generalized that policy and we're now getting more releases in that vein.

Chariot

YES YES. Beat Shovel Knight. I finally got through the first phase of the final fight and beat the second phase fairly easy afterwards. Very fun and satisfying game. The elvel design was superb. I didn't need any dumb tutorials, everything was possible to grasp and understand just by playing. The graphics and animations were also very lovely.

I can't wait until they release the DLC. I also feel a bit ashamed now that I waited for the sale instead of buying it right away. This game is certainly worth every cent of the full price.

I find the gating of level progression in FF13 to be super lame. I have a shitton of CP left and nothing to spend it on.

Let me overlevel dammit.

Sunless Sea will be leaving Early Access on February 6.

I've played it here and there as it updated and it's pretty fun... it's a slower paced exploration/survival(?) game mixed with a text adventure.... it's very atmospheric. Been holding off until the map and stories were done.. looking forward to it!

If you have bought it in EA you are guaranteed to receive all expansions and story DLC for free, but the only one planned for sure right now is the submarine expansion that was a kickstarter goal.

Looks interesting. Will wait for sale now.

YES YES. Beat Shovel Knight. I finally got through the first phase of the final fight and beat the second phase fairly easy afterwards. Very fun and satisfying game. The elvel design was superb. I didn't need any dumb tutorials, everything was possible to grasp and understand just by playing. The graphics and animations were also very lovely.

I can't wait until they release the DLC. I also feel a bit ashamed now that I waited for the sale instead of buying it right away. This game is certainly worth every cent of the full price.

Don't forget the superb soundtrack!

Grief.exe

GMG VIP Deals

Blackguards 2 - $22.49
Mortal Kombat X - $44.99
Metrocide - $9.74

Already ordered RE:HD yesterday, I might just dump all of my credit into Life is Strange then.

Edit: Grim Fandango does come out on the 27th though...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Since Codemasters has been teetering on collapse for a long time--and are now down essentially to just their core racing team, which is now being hit by layoffs--and almost all of their games have some sort of external license or another... it might be useful to make a list of all their games just in case some get pulled in the event of total corporate collapse

This should be a list:
http://store.steampowered.com/searc...SC&category1=998&publisher=Codemasters&page=1

Colin McRae Rally $6.99
Damnation $9.99
DiRT 3 $24.99
DiRT Showdown $14.99
F1 2010 $9.99
F1 2011 $14.99
F1 2012 $24.99
F1 2013 $29.99
F1 2014 $49.99
F1 RACE STARS $14.99
GRID 2 $29.99
GRID Autosport $39.99
GRID $14.99
Hospital Tycoon $4.99
Maelstrom: The Battle for Earth Begins $4.99
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising $9.99
Operation Flashpoint: Red River $9.99
Overlord II $9.99
Overlord: Raising Hell $9.99
Overlord $4.99
Rise of the Argonauts $9.99
Toybox Turbos $14.99

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I find the gating of level progression in FF13 to be super lame. I have a shitton of CP left and nothing to spend it on.

Let me overlevel dammit.

Just save it for your next Crystarium Level unlock. I had this happen a few times, had a ton of CP left over, and thought to myself "Damn, when the next level unlocks my guys are going to be SET!". Then I'd unlock the next level and get like 2 new ability crystals unlocked.

The same is true for the level 10 unlock after the final boss. Took me probably 10 hours to get enough CP to fully upgrade some people's job classes, and that's with having some characters I never used having 999,999 CP at that point.

Never knew that there was DLC. :eek:

Also, reposting.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Agarest Generations of War -- MB-7D2F9F1108DCB200 - Taken by Diedac. 26 entrants total.

t1420888494z1.png

Madn

It's one of my favorite games, I played it on 3DS and I believe I finished it (or maybe stopped at the last level). I played a little of the sequel but it didn't grab me like the first one.

That's unfortunate. Are there any other rythm games you would recommend? I'm not going to play them straight away as i like to switch between genres but adding a few names to my list would be nice

Chariot

Never knew that there was DLC. :eek:
Free DLC for everyone! In fact, its more like major updates with new game modes. It is regarding the stretch goals, where people wanted to have playable Plague Knight, Spectre Knight and King Knight. The team didn't just wanted a reskin, but a whole new gameplay. So the new Knights will have entirely new gameplay and story.

Really looking forward to it.
We've been brewing and brainstorming Plague Knight's campaign non-stop since the original game. This won't be a simple sprite swap -- playing as Plague Knight has all new mobility, abilities, story, and dialogue! It's like an alternate game! Plague Knight's adventure will take you through familiar locations -- but will have a few twists and surprises along the way. Since this is the first major campaign replacement we don't yet have a firm release date to share. We're iterating on what elements to change, and by how much, when playing the role of a new character.
runExample.gif

Free DLC for everyone! In fact, its more like major updates with new game modes. It is regarding the stretch goals, where people wanted to have playable Plague Knight, Spectre Knight and King Knight. The team didn't just wanted a reskin, but a whole new gameplay. So the new Knights will have entirely new gameplay and story.

That is great to hear! Definitely looking forward to the new gameplay and story. I should finish playing through the game before it releases.

Dang, that running animation's pretty cute.

runExample.gif

Oh, wow. I wonder if 3DS is getting these updates.

GMG VIP Deals

Blackguards 2 - $22.49
Mortal Kombat X - $44.99
Metrocide - $9.74

Fuck just bought life is strange ane RE HD yesterday, can we put the 22% off on top of it?

Deques

How do any of you still have credit? Is it all holdover still from when the program used to be good?

GMG Credit? I haven't used much of my credit, got around 36

Buying games from GMG is hard nowadays. There seems to be lesser interesting games to buy from them

More leftover games from previous bundles
ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deques, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Great Permutator -- MB-EA3D19FAE31DAE40 - Taken by Chreznor. 1 entrants total.
Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold -- MB-174547F79E541AD6 - Taken by bluechox2. 3 entrants total.
BlackSoul: Extended Edition -- MB-54D619A3017AD94A
Lilly Looking Through -- MB-208796AD11774232 - Taken by Speevy. 1 entrants total.
The Maker's Eden -- MB-3D158E7419EED990 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.

t1420827507z1.png

Tizoc

Codes don't seem to be working with VIP games, at least with RE. I'll wait to see Nuuven's price.

BUT WHEN WILL NUUVEM GET THOSE PRICES, I DON'T WANT TO RISK WAITING TIL RELEASE DATE OR WHEN THESE VIPS END
GAF HALP, BUY NOW OR HOLD
Right now it's 1 for Now :V

Jadax

115 games and counting on my wishlist lol

All those keys just stagnating in my inventory..waiting for 'great wall of Russia' to come tumbling down :(

Spares

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Steel & Steam -- MB-2DEA45A359D0D288 - Taken by illusionary
Shannon Tweed's Attack Of The Groupies -- MB-00D3DC3162FD74E6 - Taken by Mavromatis
Time Ramesside -- MB-B4708662394E1D95 - Taken by sensoft04
Vanguard Princess -- MB-D56B820FEFF7CA5F - Taken by billmcdougal
Rhythm Destruction -- MB-142343BEC23BAF8D - Taken by Cth
C-Rush -- MB-A57C229A55CB1A5E - Taken by autoduelist
Grimind -- MB-1ED4719A29C9213A - Taken by titch

jmizzal

GMG VIP Deals

Blackguards 2 - $22.49
Mortal Kombat X - $44.99
Metrocide - $9.74

Well guess i'm getting Life Is Strange
Still gotta get Remember Me sometime

That's unfortunate. Are there any other rythm games you would recommend? I'm not going to play them straight away as i like to switch between genres but adding a few names to my list would be nice

I haven't played many rhythm games, so my sample size to recommend from is small. I do like Bit.Trip FLUX, BEAT, and CORE (in that order, although I read the Steam ports have control issues), and I liked what little I played of RETRO/Grade.

My favorite rhythm game is probably Elite Beat Agents on the DS.

Videospel

e: and KOTOR II is only 33% off, for crying out loud

Yeah that's a shame. Never played 2 when it came out because I didn't trust the new developer (Obsidian) and the game got a bit worse reviews than the original. I want to play it now though, but they're gonna have to discount it more than that ;)
The game is 9 years old now.

KiDdYoNe

I think Naruto games were added to "Anime sale". Just got the email from Steam that my wishlisted game is on sale.

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM Revolution is 40% off
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst is 75% off

Spare

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

The Desolate Hope -- MB-2A14DAA6C19F02F6 - Taken by louiedog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom