• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hey, is anyone here a moderator on SPUF? I don't think so, but just in case some anonymous lurking reader is one, can you PM me? I have a very minor thing I need help with. Thanks in advance.

Dr Dogg

And not a LEGO Star Wars discount in sight :(

I'm just going to give in and buy them come 4th May if they're not on offer.

I find the gating of level progression in FF13 to be super lame. I have a shitton of CP left and nothing to spend it on.

Let me overlevel dammit.

Yeah it's not the best system. The way levels are unlocked at story progression points, abilities are staged around the Crystarium pretty much mean every player will unlock the same abilities in the same order and unless you grind it out towards the later half of the game at rough the same time. That and the final tiers and abilities are locked off until you've beaten the final boss. But hey it has a 20 hour 'tutorial' so at least you know how to use those few scant abilities and limited Paradigms you have at your disposable through constant repetition.

My first time through way back when I was skipping the majority of battles if I could sneak a path through as I was already already at the maximum level of abilities with nothing left to unlock and outside of bosses battles were over pretty quick until Chapter 9 or so. Even doing that I still had plenty of CP when new Crystarium levels unlocked to get the first ability in most folks best classes.

For the new page.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Steel & Steam -- MB-2DEA45A359D0D288 - Taken by illusionary
Shannon Tweed's Attack Of The Groupies -- MB-00D3DC3162FD74E6 - Taken by Mavromatis
Time Ramesside -- MB-B4708662394E1D95 - Taken by sensoft04
Vanguard Princess -- MB-D56B820FEFF7CA5F - Taken by billmcdougal
Rhythm Destruction -- MB-142343BEC23BAF8D - Taken by Cth
C-Rush -- MB-A57C229A55CB1A5E - Taken by autoduelist
Grimind -- MB-1ED4719A29C9213A - Taken by titch

Speevy

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

9th Company: Roots Of Terror -- MB-1BD973625145B917 - Taken by BruteUA
Theatre of the Absurd -- MB-790AB049A2DCE9AA - Taken by Bayonetta
Lunar Pack - Wake & Lunnye Devitsy -- MB-DC422CCEDF43460B - Taken by Scipius
Mythos - The Beginning -- MB-9FD9B856F6CEFFDB - Taken by nightstorm
The Desolate Hope -- MB-60C0C35BA94B4987 - Taken by alr1ght

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for 9th Company: Roots Of Terror #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec a diam lectus. Sed sit amet ipsum mauris. Maecenas congue ligula ac quam viverra nec consectetur ante hendrerit. Donec et mollis dolor. Praesent et diam eget libero egestas mattis sit amet vitae augue. Nam tincidunt congue enim, ut porta lorem lacinia consectetur. Donec ut libero sed arcu vehicula ultricies a non tortor. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean ut gravida lorem. Ut turpis felis, pulvinar a semper sed, adipiscing id dolor. Pellentesque auctor nisi id magna consequat sagittis. Curabitur dapibus enim sit amet elit pharetra tincidunt feugiat nisl imperdiet. Ut convallis libero in urna ultrices accumsan. Donec sed odio eros. Donec viverra mi quis quam pulvinar at malesuada arcu rhoncus. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. In rutrum accumsan ultricies. Mauris vitae nisi at sem facilisis semper ac in est.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mavromatis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadlight -- MB-EF0B60909911A277 - Taken by Sch1sm. 5 entrants total.

BruteUA

Wow, I hadn't heard of 9th Company: Roots of Terror before. A Soviet-Afghan war game intrigues me, I grew up with a buddy who is half-Afghani. His uncles would tell us war stories.

Thanks Speevy!

Parsnip

Actually speaking of Windows and new versions and so forth Mainstream Support for 7 is due to end in a couple of weeks so while it will still get Extended Support by way of security updates and bug fixes it's going to be feature complete now so now more major features, Service Packs or DirectX revisions for Win 7 folks.

I wish Microsoft would always make one final service pack for their OS' to bundle up all the various patches and fixes so I wouldn't have to integrate that shit myself (or have 100+ updates after a fresh install).

Gargoyles
There are a couple of set places that can break a man in Dark Souls. I think Gargoyles is the first one of those, especially depending on your build. Don't ignore str stat if you plan keep using that axe, or similar weapons since it scales with that.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Rockstar re-confirms Grand Theft Auto V launch date

tumblr_lrjhiofp841r3opg1o1_250.gif

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Bundle extras.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Cloning Clyde -- MB-D211B41C58BC78EB - Taken by Jawmuncher
Runes of Brennos -- MB-64FA051D0377B178 - Taken by Benedict
Five Nights at Freddy's -- MB-247CABD803CF0B1A - Taken by iosefe
9th Company: Roots of Terror -- MB-3E23B721B58CDFFB - Taken by Mavromatis
Lunar Pack: Wake & Lunnye Devitsy -- MB-576042B74DA5B02B - Taken by Megauap

dex3108

Disney gonna Disney. So glad I bought their two big packs of games with Russian prices, I'd never have gotten them otherwise.

Unrelated Edit - Rockstar "confirms" GTAV still releasing on PC on January 27th
http://www.pcgamer.com/rockstar-re-confirms-grand-theft-auto-v-launch-date/

GAF member says that there is chance for delay

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=146660747&postcount=40

I guess we will know for sure next week.

Madn

I haven't played many rhythm games, so my sample size to recommend from is small. I do like Bit.Trip FLUX, BEAT, and CORE (in that order, although I read the Steam ports have control issues), and I liked what little I played of RETRO/Grade.

My favorite rhythm game is probably Elite Beat Agents on the DS.

Thanks! I'll check them out =)

Dr Dogg

I wish Microsoft would always make one final service pack for their OS' to bundle up all the various patches and fixes so I wouldn't have to integrate that shit myself (or have 100+ updates after a fresh install).

Yeah it would be nice to get a finalised version or even like XP got with all 3 service packs in the last release like some OS of the Year Edition. Many moons ago when I didn't have to pay for OSes and got them from work via their Enterprise licence you would be able to get up to date latest Windows builds via FTP. I think that kind of stopped come Windows 8 but in 10 you have a separate section to download the latest build (both on a fast or slow ring depending how buggy to how immediate you want your features) to actual updates. Saying that the latest retail discs for Windows 8.1 with a October manufacturer which I installed on 2 machines over crimbo were missing months and months of security updates.

The thing is that's still just a link to the same forum post by a Rockstar employee from 8 days ago that countless other sites have been reporting on. No one has contacted the press, the press haven't contacted Rockstar and if they have no one from Rockstar has said anything to them directly. Just the same sites spewing out the same info with little to no work of their own done, comically late as well from PC Gamer too. Really shows how redundant the mainstream press are these days unless it's about marketing or messaging. Good quality articles or outlet interaction to news pieces are too thin on the the ground compared to 'news' aggregation and filler content but it's a two way street that requires publishers to want to cooperate too which they seldom do.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Found this while going through older bundles and figured it deserved it's own
xheRJRF.gif
xheRJRF.gif
xheRJRF.gif
giveaway.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xheRJRF.gif
One Day for Ched -- MB-63A2252F957B3C8C - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.

t1420831887z1.png

ExoSoul

Banned
To those interested:
X Blades is currently at 90% discount (0.99€), nab it if you're interested.
I'm missing 0.13 for it T_T enjoy it for me my brethren

Megauap

There are still some games available!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Megauap, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Commando Jack -- MB-83D6BC24DFD40B0E
Desert Thunder -- MB-FA61901E8BB551B3 - Taken by Vastag. 2 entrants total.
Glacier 3: The Meltdown -- MB-4E87A2242BF39563
Hyper Fighters -- MB-B67B611C45E3FB95

t1420661595z1.png

Kiru

Thank you for the offer but I wasn't stealth begging or anything, just thought others might want to know.
Also Chariot beat you to it.

X-Blades is pretty meh. Story is garbage as fuck and combat is the same all over again with defeating waves of generic enemies and then proceed to more waves of generic enemies. You should play the sequel, Blades of Time, much more enjoyable.

Parsnip

in 10 you have a separate section to download the latest build (both on a fast or slow ring depending how buggy to how immediate you want your features) to actual updates.

That doesn't sound like something that will survive to consumers, unfortunately.
I installed the dev preview of 10 on my laptop briefly, but it wasn't running all that hot. The laptop is old shit though (Dell Latitude E6400 from '08), but hopefully once it's ready for consumers it would run a bit better. There were also some weird 'hey this setting is locked, contact system admin' even though I am the system admin, but maybe that was also dev preview feature.

ExoSoul

Banned
X-Blades is pretty meh. Story is garbage as fuck and combat is the same all over again with defeating waves of generic enemies and then proceed to more waves of generic enemies. You should play the sequel, Blades of Time, much more enjoyable.

I have a thing against playing sequels without playing the original.

Speevy

Banned
Does Cloning Clyde really have no graphics options? It says there are graphics options, but you can only adjust whether there is a cartoon outline.

GMG VIP Deals

Batman: Arkham Knight - $44.99
Life Is Strange (Complete) - $13.85
Resident Evil HD Remaster - $14.99
Total War: Attila - $34.64
Blackguards 2 - $22.49
Pillars of Eternity - $33.74
Pillars of Eternity: Champion Edition - $44.99
Mortal Kombat X - $44.99
Metrocide - $9.74

Finally, a use for my $33 in credit. Arkham Knight for ~$12 is mine!

Sch1sm

Thank you for the offer but I wasn't stealth begging or anything, just thought others might want to know.
Also Chariot beat you to it.

That's not what I was implying by offering at all, man, lol.
I'll do a giveaway for it with some of the stray indiegala keys later. c:

MRORANGE

I'm still unsure on one thing: does The Wolf Among Us count? I see that it was listed in the 2013 GOTY list, but only 1 episode was released that year

Then it won't count for 2014, what will happen if you vote for a game that is not from 2014 is that game will be removed and the rest will be tallied up.

Will the results be posted up at that time, or are they going to take a while to compile / format correctly / tease us Casey Kasem-style / etc?

Take a while, I am hoping for the results to go live on Saturday 17th December 9PM GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom