• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Desolate Hope -- MB-B48F663D0A576FF3 - Taken by D3RANG3D

I need to start playing Steam games again, but I'm currently balls deep into Danganronpa and I can't stop.

Lords of the Fallen was a bit rubbish, so I stopped playing that. The next game I play will probably be Resident Evil.

No it wasn't.
It was solid enough to fill my ARPG void after I finished Dark Souls Steamworks beta.
Solid enough I was willing to do 3 playthroughs and get 100%.

2015-01-09_19-39-11.png

It's definitely not a competitor to the souls game, but it's got a solid core (as much as I hate Harkyn) and was a good time; enough that it was my first 100% of 2015.

Maniac

Banned

Well, it makes sense to be the most likely one. It was the most recently cancelled, if I recall? We had some concept art from... What, 2011, 2012-ish? (Numbers are hard, I may be wrong) I spoke a bit with Marc some months ago, and he really seems to love the concept and really wanted to do a 'proper' space-game... So maybe? All it takes is drive and unique ideas.

By the way, I have to say... I don't think we're getting the Dreamcast port :(

:p

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Lunar Pack -- MB-DD8F362C9DD6AC18 - Taken by Lomax
The Desolate Hope -- MB-10F75F3B477C66AE - Taken by derExperte

The Lunar Pack are Lunnye and Wake.

Did The Witcher 3 change gears? Is it going to need an AO rating now? Seems those sex scenes might be becoming more of a focus according to the title change leaked by Sony in my inbox just now:

2015-01-09_19-42-41.png

Maniac

Banned
Depression is a hell of a demon. I'm really glad he's continuing to fight it. It's hard when your worst enemy is yourself.

It's a shame that both XSEED and Carpe Fulgur are taking heat for this...

Yup. Especially because it'll only help worsen his condition. And yeah, it really is a tough demon to struggle with, day in and day out.

inm8num2

VOTING OVER.

Estimated results: Saturday 17th January 9PM GMT

Best of luck tallying the votes, and thanks again for all the time and effort.

I'm thinking we should do a live stream Google Hangout for the awards, and all the SteamGAF members dress up while we sit in front of our computers. :p

Jawmuncher

Just beat Shan Gui.
Was a nice cute little story that took me about an hour to complete.
Just remembered I have to read Sakura Spirit......That shits gonna suck.

Bah, this captcha is so broken. Most of the time it says I typed it incorrectly even though I'm positive it's correct. Then when I finally do type it "correctly" it says "You did not enter the code quick enough." even though it only took me a second to type it. Apparently you have to be a bot to type it in fast enough. Lost out on a few trades with the Card Trades bot because of this.

Bah, this captcha is so broken. Most of the time it says I typed it incorrectly even though I'm positive it's correct. Then when I finally do type it "correctly" it says "You did not enter the code quick enough." even though it only took me a second to type it. Apparently you have to be a bot to type it in fast enough. Lost out on a few trades with the Card Trades bot because of this.

I had issues like that in my browser for a while. It worked once I started asking for a new captcha before even typing anything.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Dice, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pinball FX2 Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force Pack -- MB-2DC4F48DAD4D3DB4 - Taken by Madn. 5 entrants total.
Blood Knights -- MB-CE4D40B81519BD99 - Taken by darkchewie. 8 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-082D3D032219E4B2 - Taken by FoneBone. 5 entrants total.
Star Ruler -- MB-E67E2CD3D02E0C4D - Taken by autoduelist. 6 entrants total.
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-FB8287D6D6EC90B4 - Taken by rrvv. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Blades of Time Limited Edition -- MB-4C579AB5D140BD2F - Taken by XShagrath. 16 entrants total.
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-58F973582232C49E - Taken by rainking187. 4 entrants total.
Puzzle Kingdoms -- MB-215E883F04B653F1 - Taken by neotokyo360. 1 entrants total.
Skilltree Saga -- MB-C77A2D0575CD5303 - Taken by D3RANG3D. 10 entrants total.
Pinball FX2 Excalibur Table -- MB-C5A8B9A3C96DC880 - Taken by Naked Snake. 3 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-468EE170D7BC8EBB - Taken by Sch1sm. 3 entrants total.
Galactic Arms Race -- MB-74A64C2AFDBC7233 - Taken by bluechox2. 2 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-59A1BF8F7419E5EB - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Thunder Wolves -- MB-515508499C115F07 - Taken by Sarcasm. 5 entrants total.
Making History II: The War of the World -- MB-D57E3CDC758B3B88 - Taken by Sendou. 3 entrants total.
Pinball FX2 Mars Table -- MB-0E8A03E91810AC14 - Taken by KainXVIII. 4 entrants total.
Quest Run -- MB-BCC565C84CD04416 - Taken by drizzle. 5 entrants total.
Pinball FX2 Marvel Pinball Vengeance and Virtue Pack -- MB-6B07A1DD3A0FF1FF - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 10 entrants total.
Ionball 2: Ionstorm -- MB-383CB2298F17A214 - Taken by titch. 2 entrants total.

t1420896869z1.png

Teppic

Take them for cards.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 awful Steam games. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

dUpLicity ~Beyond the Lies~ #2 -- MB-1C8DB31CA0519CD4 - Taken by corrosivefrost - Taken by Blu(e)
dUpLicity ~Beyond the Lies~ -- MB-074AE9BC230D0FAF - Taken by Sendou

Dammit.

Is there a way to add games you already own to your wishlist, for gifting purposes?

You could try the trick for adding a game that was removed from Steam... though I'm not sure how it would work for gifting purposes? You mean to track games you want to gift someone, I guess?

Edit: Tried the javascript, the answer is no.

Maniac

Banned
Haven't ever had a record player. Seriously considering buying the Hotline Miami 2 CE now that you've reminded me of it. It's so slick! Gah. And I have the TW3 CE to pay for too, but since that's in perpetual delay-mode I suppose that isn't too big of a worry...

... But I need to get a new monitor, a new, pricey chair and a Jawbone* or the likes. Sigh.

Not the skull kind, but the wristband kind.

Will gta V be Steamworks?

Most definitely.

That's what I meant, yeah. Is there a link to the trick?

Here's the text that will help you try, but I just tried to add the souls games to my wishlist and it didn't work out.

Go on the button add to my wish list and with a plugin like firebug or with the browser console change:
"javascript:AddToWishlist( 249990, 'addtowishlistarea', 'addtowishlistareasuccess', 'addtowishlistareafail', '15_9__407' );"
With:
"javascript:AddToWishlist( 10170, 'addtowishlistarea', 'addtowishlistareasuccess', 'addtowishlistareafail', '15_9__407' );"
Just change the original game id with the id of the game you want....
Wolfestein in my wishlist
p.s.
You can also directly insert the command in the console.
javascript:AddToWishlist( Insert here the GameID, 'addtowishlistarea', 'addtowishlistareasuccess', 'addtowishlistareafail', '15_9__407' )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom