• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu(e)

Take them for cards.

My mistake. I found out I already own the game (what a weird feeling). To make up for it:
ModBot said:
Instructions for Blu(e):
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One -- MB-FB9E25D08DD38F35 - Taken by Speevy
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode Two -- MB-AAEA2C918EE1FE63 - Taken by Speevy
dUpLicity ~Beyond the Lies -- MB-1C8DB31CA0519CD4 - Taken by corrosivefrost

Parsnip

Dark Souls NG+ completed.
Missing 2 boss soul weapons and 2 weapon drops from Anor Londo, and that should be it. So couple more hours, give or take.

I was about a half-second away from beating that boss when I died. That's worse than getting demolished imo.
A couple days ago I watched a friend play Nuclear Throne. The game is very fast and you die very fast as well.
I don't know whether unlocked buffs and stages have to be unlocked every playthrough again though?
The reason I don't only game on PC.
tdLr9ie.gif
Wow, this looks awesome. The more I play Dark Souls, the more I get interested in Bloodborne, hah.
Is there a new video for BB?
Daily
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (-50%)
I hear a lot of good stuff about this. Is the action like Mass Effect direct or more strategic?

new stuff from "coming soon"
:O Already? Nice!
Remember seeing a trailer for the first time of this just a couple weeks ago. Looks really, really fascinating.
VOTING OVER.
Estimated results: Saturday 17th January 9PM GMT
Probably was the last guy to send in votes, hah. Shy of two minutes.
No it wasn't.
It was solid enough to fill my ARPG void after I finished Dark Souls Steamworks beta.
Solid enough I was willing to do 3 playthroughs and get 100%.
]http://robotbrush.com/corrosivefrost/2015-01-09_19-39-11.png
It's definitely not a competitor to the souls game, but it's got a solid core (as much as I hate Harkyn) and was a good time; enough that it was my first 100% of 2015.
You played through it three times? And I was wondering why it looked the same lol
Most definitely.
Here's the text that will help you try, but I just tried to add the souls games to my wishlist and it didn't work out.
Very nice. I always wanted to add janked games on my wishlist.
Bookmarked.
Dark Souls NG+ completed.
Missing 2 boss soul weapons and 2 weapon drops from Anor Londo, and that should be it. So couple more hours, give or take.
Congrats! :)
I finally managed to kill Havel today woot! That ring is truly useful. Probably gonna try my luck in Blighttown before going deeper in the Forrest.
Also finally managed to level up Miracle from 8>14 and now I can use Astora Sword. First Magical Sword Weapon. Thrusting feels very good.

Nevadatan

soooo. theres an anime sale right now and im looking at the titles so i have to ask: is Killer is Dead worth the 6.76 bucks? i mean its a Suda51 game which is cool but it was panned by some.

Jawmuncher

soooo. theres an anime sale right now and im looking at the titles so i have to ask: is Killer is Dead worth the 6.76 bucks? i mean its a Suda51 game which is cool but it was panned by some.

If you liked NMH you'll like Killer is Dead.
After playing it the panning on the game was pretty odd since on PC the performance issues aren't there. Also the gigolo missions are basically optional. Which got more talk than the game itself.

Maniac

Banned

new stuff from "coming soon"

My, that is certainly a pretty looking survival sim there. Mmm, loving me some great looking survival games, whether The Forest & Stranded esque fidelity or pleasing aesthetics with a nice art-direction like The Long Dark... Mmm, sexy.

LPs and Quick Impressions GO
My Let's Play of Cubot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQXT8lEZGAo

header.jpg
Quick Impressions: Initially starts off as a standard cube-based transport puzzle, but quickly starts to seperate itself from the pack by implementing multiple cubes that have different properties (Double roll, reverse roll, reverse double roll) and color-based mechanisms that impede flow. The first four stages are easy enough and can be treated a lite tutorials even though it's definitely a part of the game. I'm a fan of transport/sokoban type puzzle games and Cubot exceeding my expectations. Nice chill game.​
My Let's Play of GoScurry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THjcrRuT4yg

header.jpg
Quick Impressions: Skill-based endless runner type. Turning takes a bit of practice to get right. There is this motion your ship makes when you turn that kind of works like a wave of sorts. The result is that if you turn just too early, even just a little bit, you'll fall off the edge of the track. But, if you turn late, like you're going-to-go-off-the-tracks late, you'll survive. It's not totally unfair, but it takes a bit to calibrate and when it starts getting hectic with the turns, it's very easy to lose. Outside of that you can control your boost (which I prefer to toggle on) and you need to jump and dodge out of obstacles that procedurally come in your way.
Music is good. Here's a gif of one of my runs.
http://i.imgur.com/jaLXm5q.gifv
Cubot reminds me of a similar game I once played on my ipod. Stuff gets super complicated very fast -_-
Damn, GoScurry looks super frantic and got me on the edge even watching it. I can't play stuff like that anymore. I got old.
https://i.imgur.com/ovrwx.gif
Oh God I feel old :/
Happy date of birth man!
I believe MSI Afterburner would be recommended, though I tend to use Radeonpro instead for some games.
Thank you! I am using the framelimiter in DSfix but with unlocked framerate. Does give a little performance boost.

But for other games Afterburner looks good.

After playing it the panning on the game was pretty odd since on PC the performance issues aren't there. Also the gigolo missions are basically optional. Which got more talk than the game itself.

(1) Please don't encourage that stupid fucking question by answering.
(2) Related to (1); my list is expanding at exponential rates lately. Perhaps someone should make a community "IS THIS GAME WORTH IT?" thread to funnel all these wastes of time somewhere other than the Steam, PSN, and any other thread plagued by this inane bullshit. :lol
(3) Fair points. The game is definitely quality if you're into the sort of gameplay it has. I think I have one of my webms still kicking around, let me see if I can upload it.

http://robotbrush.com/corrosivefrost/KillerIsDead.Mission4.webm

BasilZero

Have a question.

If you go to another country - would you be able to play your games that you bought from your original country in the other region?

I know purchasable games are region locked (?) but what about playing games too ;o?

Have a question.

If you go to another country - would you be able to play your games that you bought from your original country in the other region?

I know purchasable games are region locked (?) but what about playing games too ;o?
Depends on the games, unless you are from Russia (or other surrounding countries), then most games purchased from steam don't have runtime level region lock. And for the retail copies(steamwork), you'd be fine if those are bought from NA/EU, nearly all Asian copies are locked in some way.

Huh, this is a neat wee fact. According to SteamDB, I''ve played an hours worth of time on Steam every day since joining. I'll assume that's a healthy ratio.

maty

Alright, finally done with Shovel Knight. Awesome game!!!

The Boss Rush with no upgrades and only 4 hearts was fucking hard. Especially Plague Knight and Polar Knight.

Thank you once again corrosivefrost <3

Now I'm wishing Capcom would release a NES-SNES Megaman collection. :(

BasilZero

Depends on the games, unless you are from Russia (or other surrounding countries), then most games purchased from steam don't have runtime level region lock. And for the retail copies(steamwork), you'd be fine if those are bought from NA/EU, nearly all Asian copies are locked in some way.

I'm from US.

I'm assuming all my games are from NA lol - considering I've purchased all while being here in the US xD - through Steam or Humble Bundle.

Edit: There's runtime region lock? wat.....

I hope not...this isnt gonna be some short vacation either....XD

The Boss Rush with no upgrades and only 4 hearts was fucking hard. Especially Plague Knight and Polar Knight.

First off -- Impressive, sir.
Secondly -- You're more than welcome. <3
Third -- there's a lot of "classic" type games I wish would make appearances on Steam so I wouldn't have to bother to track down ROMs and stuff... after watching that NES Ninja Gaiden 1-3 Relay Race for #AGDQ, I want that more than ever; there's so many other games I'd want too...

Nevadatan

NMH was awesome.
all right im buyin' thanks

I'll have to check Shovel Knight out next sale. I'm trying to complete all of Door Kickers atm. Love that game.

I'm from US.

I'm assuming all my games are from NA lol - considering I've purchased all while being here in the US xD - through Steam or Humble Bundle.

Edit: There's runtime region lock? wat.....

I hope not...this isnt gonna be some short vacation either....XD
You are from the U.S., then everything should run fine.

maty

First off -- Impressive, sir.
Secondly -- You're more than welcome. <3
Third -- there's a lot of "classic" type games I wish would make appearances on Steam so I wouldn't have to bother to track down ROMs and stuff... after watching that NES Ninja Gaiden 1-3 Relay Race for #AGDQ, I want that more than ever; there's so many other games I'd want too...

Totally, there are so many classic games I never played. When I was a kid could only buy 1-2 games a year since they were all imported. I remember having only 5 games on NES and just a few more on SNES. Never owned a Sega console. Unfortunately I couldn't keep the systems.

If publishers threw their back catalogue (mostly japanese console games) on Steam, I'm sure they would sell very well.

Totally, there are so many classic games I never played. When I was a kid could only buy 1-2 games a year since they were all imported. I remember having only 5 games on NES and just a few more on SNES. Never owned a Sega console. Unfortunately I couldn't keep the systems.

If publishers threw their back catalogue (mostly japanese console games) on Steam, I'm sure they would sell very well.

Well, lucky for you , you can get that Sega Genesis Collection on Steam. ;)
A lot of these companies have made collections for Gamecube and PS2 and PSP and so on... they really should just port them to PC.

Ah, well... a boy can dream... :p

Nabs

Beta update:

General
  • Removed transparent background behind FPS counter in low contrast mode
  • Fixed regression causing black screenshots and green broadcast/in-home streaming video in OpenGL games

In-Home Streaming
  • Fixed enable hardware encoding not applying to some games
Broadcast
  • Broadcast chat window is now opened in the broadcaster's overlay as soon as the broadcast starts

That is a ridiculous feat. Well done!

Lomax

Yeah, Killer is Dead is a special kind of crazy. I like it. Looks good and runs smooth too, which is always a plus, especially when there's basically no graphics options.

Cels

any way to skin big picture mode?

i'm playing a lot more games with my controller at my desk and using big picture mode is convenient but i would like to change it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom