• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why we can't have nice things. I'm not advocating piracy but seriously if people are just going to do that, I'd rather they do just pirate it than abuse the refund system. It gives Valve a reason to potentially take away refunds down the road which sucks for when there are legitimate cases to get a refund.

But people will always abuse a system if there is a way I guess.

I've expressed my concern since the refund system announcement back then. People do abuse and they surely will. As we can see already, valve has made some alteration to overcome the abuses.

The 50 books challenge sounds like a lifetime goal not a yearly challenge.

Do comic and manga books count? :p

Back in the community shadows, nice, I can put on my pajama again.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_f4spm3uaotssgcooggsww0cgw_640.png

Jimrpg

I was going to put this in the giveaway thread - but i forgot to put the THREAD and link to the thread when I posted to modbot so I'll just post it here. I have spares of Abyss Odyssey, Monday Night Combat, Q.U.B.E., Teslagrad, Citizens of Earth and Malebolgia so if you don't win this time, wait for the second posting (which I will do in the giveaway thread). Thanks.

ModBot said:
Instructions for arbok26:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (arbok26, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

3D Minigolf -- MB-E73F6C2B74748A97 - Taken by rainking187. 4 entrants total.
Citizens of Earth -- MB-6BAA0B075B9725FB - Taken by GaussTek. 8 entrants total.
Teslagrad -- MB-EF427335839F1D61 - Taken by Catshade. 3 entrants total.
Runestone Keeper -- MB-779E5DEFC7A9A35F - Taken by Lobogris. 2 entrants total.
Monday Night Combat -- MB-9ACF486CC829B3F6 - Taken by Shenhua Ling. 2 entrants total.
Abyss Odyssey -- MB-9E4C5E964ADF23D0 - Taken by ohblahitsme. 3 entrants total.
Malebolgia -- MB-137C4164286846E6 - Taken by Tesseract. 4 entrants total.
Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut -- MB-7686E7FBBC6EB6D0 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.

t1451982168z1.png

Honestly, people mentioned this as a loophole from the very beginning, and it's just not that big of a deal. It would only work until the next time they went online, which basically means you could only do it once. There's always ways to abuse systems like this but they are a trivial amount of the whole.
Yeah I hope it's a really small subsection of the steam audience. I just don't want to see the refund system removed because of it.

I've expressed my concern since the refund system announcement back then. People do abuse and they surely will. As we can see already, valve has made some alteration to overcome the abuses.
I guess I was naive but I never even thought about this. Although in the end, I guess it doesn't cost valve much other than bandwidth, people will have to use their credit again at some point. It's just the developers and publishers getting screwed.

I joined the 50 book/movie challenge this year. I don't think I'll actually complete it but I've been wanting to read more recently so this gives m people a bit of motivation and a place to track what I do over the year so I like it.

Lomax

Yeah I hope it's a really small subsection of the steam audience. I just don't want to see the refund system removed because of it.

I guess I was naive but I never even thought about this. Although in the end, I guess it doesn't cost valve much other than bandwidth, people will have to use their credit again at some point. It's just the developers and publishers getting screwed.

I joined the 50 book/movie challenge this year. I don't think I'll actually complete it but I've been wanting to read more recently so this gives m people a bit of motivation and a place to track what I do over the year so I like it.

If anything was going to kill refunds it was the publishers, and at this point there doesn't seem to be much backlash. The reality of refunds that was discovered all the way back to the early mail order catalog days is that relatively few people actually use them, but there's a dramatic increase in the number of people willing to make purchases when they feel they have the security of that option.

All this talk of playing games, I thought we moved back to a community thread already.

On a serious note though, I love how that sale thread has freshened the place up a bit. To keep the bright mood here are some games that need a nice warm home and some love.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MrTeachwell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

[URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/235210/"]
[URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/218820/"]

header.jpg

coin crypt -- MB-CEBAD2A66FB70CCF
insurgency -- MB-48686A62E352FC1E
men of war assualt squad -- MB-F99137FE79A37D78
mercenary kings -- MB-0662CEB57D9B56B2 - Taken by Giggity_Dude. 6 entrants total.
fallen enchantress -- MB-A05EAF1DBB0C4C88
strider -- MB-2A0AC7B480DBABEE
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II -- MB-B9C93E48CA7FF1ED
outland special edition -- MB-9F3F38BCF0704F35
mushroom 11 -- MB-FB55A8292E3BDCC1 - Taken by Popstar
screencheat -- MB-58A91925901A182D
abyss odyssey -- MB-8DB62964982F3B12
t1cxE6r.gif
payday2 -- MB-D9A6CFB44023B754
pm me for extra DLC

t1452058488z1.png

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Loot Hero DX -- MB-AFF775D7D53D3339 - Taken by Knurek. 1 entrants total.
Akane the kunoichi -- MB-716542D2EAE41AB9 - Taken by Jazz573. 3 entrants total.

t1451975028z1.png

donny2112

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (donny2112, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Last Remnant -- MB-2A0348A020A9B0FC - Taken by hooijdonk17. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-2C327916A9A51014 - Taken by fspm. 2 entrants total.

t1451984928z1.png

Buraindo

Shadowrun Dragonfall is pretty good and all but what's with the RNG in this game? Percentages seem to be way off, I've missed a whole lot of 90%+ hits and my shaman's lost control of more spirits than I can count with less than 10% chance of escaping. It's really starting to annoy me.

Jawmuncher

Shadowrun Dragonfall is pretty good and all but what's with the RNG in this game? Percentages seem to be way off, I've missed a whole lot of 90%+ hits and my shaman's lost control of more spirits than I can count with less than 10% chance of escaping. It's really starting to annoy me.

That shit is the fucking worst in any game. Xcom and fallout missing point blank especially. Will never forget being right in someone's face with vats and missing .

yuraya

The AGDQ for Ori was so good. Mind blown at how crazy fast they traversed through the whole thing in under one hour. Just makes me realize how bad I am at video games lol :(

xJavonta

Banned

I felt like this was my entire XCOM playthrough.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
That shit is the fucking worst in any game. Xcom and fallout missing point blank especially. Will never forget being right in someone's face with vats and missing .

In my current XCOM campaign I had a sniper she missed two times in a row and ended up as chryssalid food.

The shots was at 87% and 98%.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 31 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Higurashi When They Cry Hou: Ch.1 Onikakushi -- MB-8A236352D38B4957 - Taken by data. 58 entrants total.
It takes a while before it gets good and when it does, you'll want the early stuff back again...
Ikaruga -- MB-3F0E99642896CD81 - Taken by Kadin. 168 entrants total.
Killer is Dead -- MB-06B4982378B8EAD1 - Taken by fernandes. 115 entrants total.
Apply the simple fixes explained in the game's Steam Community Guides for best Suda51 experience
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die -- MB-B05E66D143D727C6 - Taken by MayMay. 277 entrants total.
Recipient of Durante's Seal of Quality Award.
Ys I & II Chronicles Plus -- MB-7A807CDE8E514B78 - Taken by ZeroAKA. 133 entrants total.
Contradiction -- MB-C0460F2FF8A7FA79 - Taken by Secret Fawful. 233 entrants total.
SteamGAF approved GotY 2015 contender featuring the best 2015 VG protagonist
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara -- MB-0AC6CC97B24AE30A - Taken by Insured. 71 entrants total.
Aviary Attorney -- MB-1160101979DFD4D4 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 202 entrants total.
Adventures of Pip -- MB-43E08BD9639159B3 - Taken by MushroomSamba. 95 entrants total.
One of my personal 2015 GotY contenders
Grandia II -- MB-58E7754A45B8A230 - Taken by Dragoon_lantz. 258 entrants total.
Ladra -- MB-7D3229FD9E2E9F64 - Taken by Tony91. 23 entrants total.
An interesting stealth game made using RPGMaker
Strider -- MB-005BDAB00393BF78 - Taken by NEO0MJ. 34 entrants total.
Kero Blaster -- MB-EAFA47F71A75BDF1 - Taken by Dark Rider. 121 entrants total.
Secret & underappreciated GotY contender for 2 years running.
Freedom Planet -- MB-445F5B707EFB86D7 - Taken by Texan365. 70 entrants total.

My personal GotY 2014.
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure -- MB-9C7FBF39CF9BCFFD - Taken by chronobeej. 33 entrants total.
Ys Origin -- MB-26EFBE89DBC9573D - Taken by Majukun. 108 entrants total.
The Wolf among us -- MB-9A9D704740287DF3 - Taken by RedFalco. 94 entrants total.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC -- MB-671E35D94DBE9A45 - Taken by V3rt1go. 285 entrants total.
ONLY ENTER IF YOU OWN TITS FIRST CHAPTER PLEASE.
Double Dragon: Neon -- MB-35860ECC7197B920 - Taken by eternalthree. 40 entrants total.
Binary Domain -- MB-259CD7CBAE6B76CC - Taken by orichalcos. 71 entrants total.
Exploding robots and a great cast of characters, give this TPS a chance
King's Quest 2015 Ep. 1 -- MB-E4336202DC4F182F - Taken by Yomidi. 27 entrants total.
This is only the first episode, but it's good length
Tales from the Borderlands -- MB-0DF4EFDFC5B34754 - Taken by Teppic. 208 entrants total.
Ys: The Oath in Felghana -- MB-A84C1D100478F9B9 - Taken by emptyroom. 107 entrants total.
Outland -- MB-A51B5993EAC02AD0 - Taken by Patrick S.. 19 entrants total.
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen -- MB-B086DEF33B1B96F7 - Taken by Sophia. 815 entrants total.
Undisputed 2016 GOTY contender filled with 4k 60 fps BBQed Wolves, Arisen.
Lumino City -- MB-3B85E2E41D0B8DF0 - Taken by Bluforce. 19 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-CC1636C906688FF5 - Taken by Nairume. 105 entrants total.
The Legend of Dark Witch -- MB-F9707DE9D462B4A8 - Taken by madjoki. 40 entrants total.
Gunhound EX -- MB-CB9E1E41B5641D27 - Taken by sixteen-bit. 28 entrants total.
DuckTales Remastered -- MB-F5FE8815570D207F - Taken by Cels. 127 entrants total.
The Citizen Cane of Video Games.
The Bionic Commando Pack -- MB-65FDB252EB7E6AAF - Taken by tioslash. 31 entrants total.

t1452018346z1.png

Intel

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1166118.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Intel, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Tomb Raider II -- MB-060222DEAB87130A - Taken by Oreoleo. 2 entrants total.
Tomb Raider III -- MB-2D12B65EE5F1C4F1 - Taken by dot. 3 entrants total.

t1452047388z1.png

Coreda

*Giveaway*

Mushroom 11 is one of those games that seemed like something I'd enjoy based on the early trailers, but looking at the top reviews has me doubting whether it would be.

SteamGAF impressions? Does it become as tedious as the reviews suggest, with half-working mechanics, or is it just a steep skill challenge that bothers some?

Copons

I did but the submission was rejected

Ui3clVS.png

Waking up to this: perfection.

Strangling a cat?

You monster.

Yes, yes I am.

Matter of fact, we're both enjoying it, so who are you to judge two consenting adults?
actually, that photo is from almost 2 years ago - I got totally old and ugly in the meantime - so BRODO was just a bit more than 1 year old, that's barely 16 in human years, so it depends on your country laws if it would be considered statutory strangling

zkylon

zkylewd
Steam sale haul
1.star wars collection
2.rust
3.hurtworld
4.banished
5.clockworks empire
6.rainbow 6
7.underrail
8.madmax
9.war of mine
10.don't starve.
11.shelterd
12.elite dangerous

Thank god for regional pricing :3

Guys, be aware of this new addictive drug going around called Rebel Galaxy, it's like a marijuana cigarette but way more fun. I keep telling myself I need to start SOMA but I always seems to end up playing Rebel Galaxy for hours on end.

zkylon

zkylewd
Guys, be aware of this new addictive drug going around called Rebel Galaxy, it's like a marijuana cigarette but way more fun. I keep telling myself I need to start SOMA but I always seems to end up playing Rebel Galaxy for hours on end.

i was just getting tired of weed

awesome!

Backlogger

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-87EB7AA675F0EDC6 - Taken by NicoNizza

fertygo

Winter Sale Haul

- Crypt of the Necrodancer
- Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy XIII
- Grim Dawn
- Murdered : Soul & Suspect
- One Way Heroic Plus
- The Last Remnant

Non-steam purchase

- Diablo 3 + Reaper of Souls

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of arbok26, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (arbok26, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

3D Minigolf -- MB-E73F6C2B74748A97 - Taken by rainking187. 4 entrants total.
Citizens of Earth -- MB-6BAA0B075B9725FB - Taken by GaussTek. 8 entrants total.
Teslagrad -- MB-EF427335839F1D61 - Taken by Catshade. 3 entrants total.
Runestone Keeper -- MB-779E5DEFC7A9A35F - Taken by Lobogris. 2 entrants total.
Monday Night Combat -- MB-9ACF486CC829B3F6 - Taken by Shenhua Ling. 2 entrants total.
Abyss Odyssey -- MB-9E4C5E964ADF23D0 - Taken by ohblahitsme. 3 entrants total.
Malebolgia -- MB-137C4164286846E6 - Taken by Tesseract. 4 entrants total.
Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut -- MB-7686E7FBBC6EB6D0 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.

t1451982168z1.png

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
It's Jaw's birthday?

Happy birthday, Jawmuncher!
When I get home I'll add the PC version of Dino Crisis to my Steam library and take a bunch of pictures so people on my feed can be confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom