• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
TDcDdco.png

Hopefully this year brings you nothing but joy this time...

lol

Happy birthday to Jaw~!

May your dream comes true.. someday.. someday....

Hristi

Guys, be aware of this new addictive drug going around called Rebel Galaxy, it's like a marijuana cigarette but way more fun. I keep telling myself I need to start SOMA but I always seems to end up playing Rebel Galaxy for hours on end.

Wtf? How the hell did I miss this game?!

Deques

Couldn't have been me. I thought the game was okay at best and it lied about not being a bullet hell. The game's BETA on the other hand is a different story. You gotta use the word "tunnelsnakesrule" to opt into the BETA. I think it releases this month and you'll get it for free if you already own the original game. It completely changed. The UI has changed, stages have changed, the ship sprites have changed. Here's an example. I think the BETA lets you try the first 2 stages.

mO6lilU.png

The new game is releasing in January.

Woo time to play this game again

The original Original Sins got renamed with classic in the name

accel

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (blackcrane, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

8bitboy -- MB-65078EB0F988C694 - Taken by Jazz573. 1 entrants total.
Why So Evil 2: Dystopia -- MB-6F74255044E2D364 - Taken by Starwolf_UK. 1 entrants total.
Lucius -- MB-61FE6EF0B63DBCB5 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.

t1451981809z1.png

Knurek

The original Original Sins got renamed with classic in the name

Good for those who don't have a DX11 GPU.

I'm actually playing a game I got on Winter Sale. XIII-2 has been surprisingly decent so far. Piss easy, but oh well...

Mario no Super Picross will never end, will it? Just watched the ending credits, but I still have 60 puzzles to go, each taking 20+ minutes now. :\

Lain

Forgot this one:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dream Tale -- MB-7514908955A9BB01 - Taken by Ronabo

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of donny2112, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (donny2112, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Last Remnant -- MB-2A0348A020A9B0FC - Taken by hooijdonk17. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-2C327916A9A51014 - Taken by fspm. 2 entrants total.

t1451984928z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
ok finally finished pillars

the last fight wasn't so bad but i had to prepare a whole lot and use paralysis scrolls and all that crap. it's not so much of a bad fight as it's one you're unprepared for. the game up until then doesn't really require you to get out of your comfort zone like ever and with the exception of these two bosses you rarely come across enemies with such high defenses

anyways, those two small hiccups notwithstanding, pillars of eternity is another great triumph for the old wrpg formula and easily my favorite i've played so far, even as someone that doesn't feel so connected to baldur's gate or d&d in general

it's such a well put-together world filled with characters that makes sense and that have interesting and relatable motivations and problems and you're given so much freedom of how you interact with them. it's really well done and very planescape-esque, and even if all the trappings of a d&d universe are present, it manages to feel really unique and original, with a really fascinating focus on religion that even as an atheist kinda made me want to go dig up like real life religion stuff and read up on it just for the cool lore alone lol

and then you've got a pretty fun rtwp combat system (tho i still think rtwp is trash and only makes things more difficult and unwieldy) and just very enjoyable exploration and side quests and pretty unique and varied character classes to build your crew of. the character system is actually super interesting with really weird combinations like gun wielding mages and rogues using greatswords and other crazy stuff

and it doesn't get stuck in the old ways like some games like wasteland 2 or dead state do, inventroy management is probably the best it's ever been for a wrpg, the endurance/health system is for the most part very fair and adds at least a little bit to the experience (while resting in any other game with resting has always detracted) and other common annoyances like context sensitive skill uses are non-existant in this game. and you can still kill everyone you see, use traps or dozens kinds of different spells, have 6 member parties, play as any combination of race and class and gender (and get some different dialogue out of it).

it's streamlining in teh way it's supposed to be, smoothing out the rough edges so nothing stands in the way of you enjoying the game.

it's a really good game, easily gonna be my goty. i'm gonna take a break but i'm really interested in playing the expansions

also if there's any doubt how good the writing is in this game, i actually ended up sympathizing with the spider people and helping them strengthen their tribe. that's how fucking good obsidian is

can't wait to see what they do when they're allowed to go nuts for real and not be chained to a d&d setting

just imagine the possibilities..

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm just reading it now, but i find it kind of hilarious how "dated art style" is the one con in ign's pillars of eternity review lol

I have over 100 games to play, and when I sit in front of my PC to play something at nights, I still end up launching and playing CS:GO until I go to bed. I just need a couple more weapon achievements that I'm really close to getting, and once that's done, I'm either hiding it or removing it permanently. This can't go on. It's like gaming crack.

I have over 100 games to play, and when I sit in front of my PC to play something at nights, I still end up launching and playing CS:GO until I go to bed. I just need a couple more weapon achievements that I'm really close to getting, and once that's done, I'm either hiding it or removing it permanently. This can't go on. It's like gaming crack.
Dude, are you playing CSGO for the achievements?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of dave is ok, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-6220ECAAF912EBFF - Taken by andrespi. 40 entrants total.
Payday 2 Big Bank Heist DLC -- MB-63566B3C65E6AA8F - Taken by laserlaser. 8 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Payday 2 -- MB-79386513585B278D - Taken by Jack The Nipper. 57 entrants total.

t1452027527z1.png

Dude, are you playing CSGO for the achievements?

... :(

I wasn't.. but lately I noticed that I'm like around 20-30 kills away from getting all weapon achievements and now I just keep going into deathmatch and trying to get kills with the fucking Zeus x7..

I'm a pathetic mess.....

Arthea

We need somehow to save stump's awesome performance of yesterday for future generations.

I forgot that Oxenfree is releasing in January also, we have entirely too many interesting games releasing all the time.

about some more games we are forgetting
also in Januray

LEGO MARVEL's Avengers

No one but you

Stardew Valley won't be releasing in January after all, a dev is working on adding achievements and fixing some things, no date of release yet but it's soon™

edited: just noticed posts about Danganronpa's apps being worked on, good news! I wish we knew when to expect it released, probably not soon.

edited: just noticed posts about Danganronpa's apps being worked on, good news! I wish we knew when to expect it released, probably not soon.

Danganronpa 3 was announced for PS4. I suspect that's why they're porting the older games to that platform as well. The side effect is that the series is coming to PC as well.

So far there's no release date announced for Danganronpa 3. We know that it's due in Japan some time this year. The localized English version will come after that. They're going to want to release the first two games in English before the third one, obviously. Only question is where does Steam fit in to their plans.

Senhua

New thread, smells good.
Look at that all giveaway, very generous of them.

HBD Jawmuncher, wish you all the best this year.

ArjanN

... :(

I wasn't.. but lately I noticed that I'm like around 20-30 kills away from getting all weapon achievements and now I just keep going into deathmatch and trying to get kills with the fucking Zeus x7..

I'm a pathetic mess.....

You can just play with easy bots if you want to get any of those achievements.

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm what should i follow pillars with

i've got two weeks vacations so i could go for something pretty heavy but after pillars i was feeling like going for something smaller

was thinking of playing undertale in case i can sneak up a spot for it in game of the year and i'm probably gonna be playing hidden: in the trail of the ancients cos a friend of mine made it and it's probably pretty good (tho most likely not gonna be my thing)

How is that dated? the game looks amazing.
How old are IGN journalists? 15?
Can't spell ignorant without IGN!
didn't really read the review so probably not fair to jump on their throats like that, just thought it was funny :p

AHA-Lambda

I guess I'll go hunting for one, then.

The inventory you have in the dlc isn't related to the main game, right? I'm just trying to set my expectations before redownloading all of re5 again

If you find a save that works let me know, I remember the steam forums stating that downloading another save wouldn't work for some reason :-/

Soulflarz

Banned
hmm what should i follow pillars with

i've got two weeks vacations so i could go for something pretty heavy but after pillars i was feeling like going for something smaller

was thinking of playing undertale in case i can sneak up a spot for it in game of the year and i'm probably gonna be playing hidden: in the trail of the ancients cos a friend of mine made it and it's probably pretty good (tho most likely not gonna be my thing)

didn't really read the review so probably not fair to jump on their throats like that, just thought it was funny :p

Undertale
Play undertale

jdw_b

Playing Life is Strange at the minute..

Does it ramp up? I'm an hour into Chapter 3 so far and whilst it is interesting and there have been some decent bits (Chapter 2 ending yo), I find myself getting a bit bored in places.

At this point in the game I don't need silly, mechanic explaining quests

zkylon

zkylewd

Does it ramp up? I'm an hour into Chapter 3 so far and whilst it is interesting and there have been some decent bits (Chapter 2 ending yo), I find myself getting a bit bored in places.

the stakes get higher as the series progresses but what you've been playing is the game

you're gonna do a talking and examining things cos that's life is strange

although tbh episode 5 has a pretty long sequence that's got nothing of that and it's probably the second worst part of the series behind the bottle fetching thing

Undertale
Play undertale
i'm fairly good at not letting people overhype me about stuff so i've got my expectations for it tempered, even tho i kind of know what i'm getting into and i know that's kind of bad for this game

we'll see, i was a bit unsure about playing it at first but when i heard it's like 5 hours long that raised my interest a whole lot

Messiah

Yeah, it picks back up after being a bit slow for a while.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Marvellous Miss Take -- MB-7C4618DC84C0636D - Taken by ctw0e
Deadly Premonition The Director's Cut -- MB-305181DF011272C4 - Taken by Large Professor

Arthea

Danganronpa 3 was announced for PS4. I suspect that's why they're porting the older games to that platform as well. The side effect is that the series is coming to PC as well.

So far there's no release date announced for Danganronpa 3. We know that it's due in Japan some time this year. The localized English version will come after that. They're going to want to release the first two games in English before the third one, obviously. Only question is where does Steam fit in to their plans.

Well, we probably aren't getting it sooner than PS4, I assume that these releases are related and seeing that there is no date for that also, so yeah, not soon. It's OK, if it comes I can wait, I just want them officially to say that it will and slap release date on it, that is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom