• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdw_b

the stakes get higher as the series progresses but what you've been playing is the game

you're gonna do a talking and examining things cos that's life is strange

although tbh episode 5 has a pretty long sequence that's got nothing of that and it's probably the second worst part of the series behind the bottle fetching thing

Yeah, it picks back up after being a bit slow for a while.

Fair enough. I am enjoying it, I just maybe expected a bit more "shit's going down" moments. I've just done the stealth
y pool section which was pretty cool, but it lasted like 10 seconds lol

and yeah the bottle fetch was terrible

Endruen

A few days ago I learned about the Family Sharing option and I was pretty excited about it because I could share my whole library with my girlfriend.
But now, I just learned the big flaw the system has: "Only one account can acces the same library.", which means my girlfriend won't be able to play if I am (which is most of the time). What a bummer. At first I understood it as "You can't play the same game at the same time" and I was ok with it, it's the logical approach, but this is bullshit.
Get your shit together, Steam.

I like the Life is Strange ending :/

Eh
That's really how a lot of games like this are gonna end. At best you'll get a good sense of the choices you made and the actual ending will be one of a very small pool of choices. Anything more than that becomes increasingly unfeasible. The issue I had with it was I saw that Chloe being alive as being the cause of the tornado a mile away and the two endings were really just one for me because I didn't give a flying fuck about Chloe. So I both called it and it didn't resonate with me because I felt like a didn't have a choice.

Fun ride but
it didn't stick the landing.

accel

BTW, great write-ups in the first post, thanks much.

I am going to follow the OT on Dragon's Dogma.

XShagrath

A few days ago I learned about the Family Sharing option and I was pretty excited about it because I could share my whole library with my girlfriend.
But now, I just learned the big flaw the system has: "Only one account can acces the same library.", which means my girlfriend won't be able to play if I am (which is most of the time). What a bummer. At first I understood it as "You can't play the same game at the same time" and I was ok with it, it's the logical approach, but this is bullshit.
It's still better than other systems out there (at least official ones). It's especially great when you share with someone else who has a large library. If they're playing one of your games, you can just play one of theirs.

Knurek

Someone needs to look into the curious case of Aviary Attorney missing ending.

harvey_birdman_by_angryflashlight.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Dr Dogg confirming that the dragons in dragons dogma weren't the anime sort of thousand year old dragons renewed my interest in the game. Thanks Dr Dogg.

Endruen

It's still better than other systems out there (at least official ones). It's especially great when you share with someone else who has a large library. If they're playing one of your games, you can just play one of theirs.

Well, I want to share it with my girlfriend because she has no games (only DC Universe) and this way she could play something from my account.
I guess I will try it anyway and see how our schedules combine. Maybe because of this I will be forced to leave the PC and play consoles again, my Xenoblade Chronicles X needs love.

Sarcasm

Being able to both play at same time is only logical to a consumer.

For a business that isn't logical at all lol.

Unless that business doesn't like money.

Arthea can you recommend me some good hidden object games? I want to start trimming them from my backlog but don't know where to start.

Endruen

Being able to both play at same time is only logical to a consumer.

For a business that isn't logical at all lol.

Unless that business doesn't like money.

I would give you that if both of us were trying to play the same game, but different ones?
For example, both of us have a copy of Pokémon Alpha Sapphire for the 3DS so we can play at the same time, but I lent her my copy of The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, and that isn't preventing me from playing Fire Emblem: Awakening, but of course I can't play Ocarina of Time while she has it. Why should it be different for Steam?

Arthea

Arthea can you recommend me some good hidden object games? I want to start trimming them from my backlog but don't know where to start.

I like only Artifex Mundi games, so that guy with a hat is more suited to answer this, but as he seems to be not around, here is what I like:
Nightmares from the Deep (all three, but The Cursed Heart is the best imo)
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
Dark Arcana: The Carnival
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride

Time series has time travel which is interesting mechanics, but it seems games aren't particularly good aside from that, then again I think I've played only 2 games so far from those subseries

I haven't played all of their games, not even close, so maybe some other people will jump in to tell you more.

edited: the best thing about those games is abundance of puzzles, btw, I hope you like puzzles!

Arthea

Wait, why is the idolmaster on Xbox 360? wtf

Edit: Just googled it. It seems it recieved a port on 2007. Didn't know that :|

well, with xbox360 MS tried to get into Japanese market, it has several games besides idolmaster that were supposed to sell console there, including Steins Gate!

Hektor

Happy bday jawjaw munchings

Alright, time to confess. I am a whuss. Couldn't stomach Alien: Isolation on Hard anymore. Dialed it down... way down... to novice. Don't judge, I just want to have a tense adventure not a damn heart-attack.
I'm currently in the
medical bay and close to the operation room where I'll likely find the needed trauma kit
. 9 hours passed so I guess I'm past the halfway point?

Not even close.

Arthea

what's going on with groupees I wonder, their site haven't looked so empty for a long long time.
They used to have a bundle once in while long ago and long periods without any, could it be they are getting back to that or rumours about them having hard times are true?

edited: seriously?
the hell? Can we at least try to keep it SFW?

Megauap

well, with xbox360 MS tried to get into Japanese market, it has several games besides idolmaster that were supposed to sell console there, including Steins Gate!

I see. Anyway, it's weird to think that a game like Idolmaster is on 360.

I like only Artifex Mundi games, so that guy with a hat is more suited to answer this, but as he seems to be not around, here is what I like:
Nightmares from the Deep (all three, but The Cursed Heart is the best imo)
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
Dark Arcana: The Carnival
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride

Time series has time travel which is interesting mechanics, but it seems games aren't particularly good aside from that, then again I think I've played only 2 games so far from those subseries

I haven't played all of their games, not even close, so maybe some other people will jump in to tell you more.

edited: the best thing about those games is abundance of puzzles, btw, I hope you like puzzles!

Thanks! I love puzzles as long as they are logical and fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom