• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Little sneak peak of the title block for the Dragon's Dogma OT

24171025772_8b044f748e_o.gif

Looking good, that OT will be great.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
you guys freedom planet is awesome

want to see this through a framemeister

Volimar

Legend of Grimrock is awesome

0040b864f9748f223bff66b883ec270c.480x360x1.jpg

any reason why I shouldnt rest / quicksave after every encounter like a pussy?

Kinda wish I created my own party too but the default peeps are ok I guess, good mix and im kinda already a few floors down now

I really liked it. Even if I had to look up the answers to some of the puzzles. >.>

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Well, it's been a few weeks and no one has solve my trivia contest, so I'm just making this a regular raffle instead.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Dongs Macabre:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dongs Macabre, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

Just Cause 3 -- MB-7A898685B08C9242 - Taken by Messiah. 160 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Just Cause 3 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1452465290z1.png

If anyone would have solved the puzzles though, they would have found out that the answer was "Fuck trivia giveaways".

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Well, it's been a few weeks and no one has solve my trivia contest, so I'm just making this a regular raffle instead.

If anyone would have solved the puzzles though, they would have found out that the answer was "Fuck trivia giveaways".

hahaha, pretty fitting that no one found out lol

I wish you could just throw your computer in the dishwasher and call it a day.

I've done this.My dad one time found a computer buried in the mud. I took it apart, washed all the components separably. I ended up chucking the power supply. Put the motherboard, and ram in the dishwasher, and let it dry for 2 weeks. Put in a spare floppy drive, and power supply. It booted up and ran fine.

Hektor

Please post a step by step solution.

Endruen

Wow, I just checked the past contest and it's nuuuuuuuts, it looks hard and time consuming as fuck.

Ventara

Damn. I got "Fuck trivio giveaways"

;D

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Please post a step by step solution.

The answers to the calculus questions were OGNNOODDD.
The answers to the trivia questions:
Vais
Gifv
Dicks (his real name was Edward de la Fontaine)
Arthur ("peanut butter sandwich" and "pearls before swine" refer to PBS, while "believe in yourself" refers to the theme song)
Lieu (in English it's pronounce like "ly-oo", but it's different in French)
Passchendaele (Aquaman refers to Arthur Currie, since Aquaman's name is Arthur Curry)
Patrick (his house is a rock)
Stewart (Patrick Stewart was Claudius in Hamlet and Professor X)
Y (Why)

If you looked at the puzzle, I mentioned the number 131 and made a joke about "Edward de la Dong". The real name of Dicks (third answer) was Edward de la Fontaine, which I thought would be a big hint. I also mentioned "1O1" in a later clue. The guy that posted a while ago about the letters of the calculus answers and the "difficulty ratings" corresponding to the letters in each trivia answer was right, but they didn't figure out that 131 and 1O1 are significant. "1O1" refers to the letters you are supposed to use in the third answer. The "O" corresponds to the three letters in the middle, as D is 1, O is 2, N is 3, and G is 4 according to the poem in the puzzle. After taking the letters from every trivia answer, you can unscramble them to get "Fuck trivia giveaways".

Vais
Gifv
Arthur ("peanut butter sandwich" and "pearls before swine" refer to PBS, while "believe in yourself" refers to the theme song)
Passchendaele (Aquaman refers to Arthur Currie, since Aquaman's name is Arthur Curry)
Y (Why)

If you looked at the puzzle, I mentioned the number 131 and made a joke about "Edward de la Dong". The real name of Dicks (third answer) was Edward de la Fontaine, which I thought would be a big hint. I also mentioned "1O1" in a later clue. The guy that posted a while ago about the letters of the calculus answers and the "difficulty ratings" corresponding to the letters in each trivia answer was right, but they didn't figure out that 131 and 1O1 are significant. "1O1" refers to the letters you are supposed to use in the third answer. The "O" corresponds to the three letters in the middle, as D is 1, O is 2, N is 3, and G is 4 according to the poem in the puzzle. After taking the letters from every trivia answer, you can unscramble them to get "Fuck trivia giveaways".

1322.gif

I don't think I would have every gotten that even if you dropped more hints lol.

Kiru

Vais
Gifv
Y (Why)

mindblown.png

Hektor

Vais
Gifv
Y (Why)

Holy trivia giveaway batman, i think we're just witnessing the birth of The Riddler.

Vais
Gifv
Y (Why)

DeanWhat.gif

Vais
Gifv
Y (Why)

X6xuiQt.gif

Adnor

Banned
Vais
Gifv
Y (Why)

what

Messiah

Vais
Gifv
Y (Why)

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
[Email="seriously, what][/email]

Ventara

Vais
Gifv
Y (Why)

So when are you gonna post how to get the answer?

lol, my brain stopped working reading the latter half.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Vais
Gifv
Y (Why)

jackhuh.gif

fantomena

I don't really see the point. I have the majority of my games stored on a 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD, then I switch them back and forth between my main SSD when I want to play. I also have a separate SSD for Linux.

I am do for a format however, and I like to delete my storage drive during those periods. I will have to cycle back to 8.1, as I want to keep my Windows 10 activation alive for a new build.

So, you just let the games you've finished dust on the disk?

zkylon

zkylewd
LiS 2 is more than likely going to be a sequel in nothing more than name and maybe the time mechanics. They've been hinting at such.

i think the rewind mechanic is too good a concept to ditch on a sequel

but yeah, new characters pls

or maybe a victoria spinoff

Kifimbo

Vais
Gifv
Y (Why)

Seapking of Hamlet, someone in that book said "Brevity is the soul of wit".

We all appreciate the generosity, but that puzzle had more elements than the table of elements.

Vais
Gifv
Y (Why)

211DDDF8B-B92A-8F1B-53A4715B68CB1A96.jpg

Endruen

Vais
Gifv
Y (Why)

uGcH.gif

Vais
Gifv
Y (Why)

950Crk1.jpg

Makes about as much sense as this.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I did a poor job explaining it, so I'll try to explain it better.

Basically, once you get the third question, you should noticed that the guy's name was Edward de la Fontaine.

In my puzzle, I made a joke about an Edward de la Dong who lived 131 years ago. 131 is the important clue.

For every one of my questions, I put a seemingly arbitrary difficulty rating. For the third question, it was 1/1, and the answer to the calculus question was O.

If you read the shitty poem I wrote, you would find out that O means 3 letters.

In one of my hints, I also mentioned "1O1", which is the same thing as "131"

That means you get rid of "1" letter in the beginning, "1" letter at the end, then you're left with 3 letters, or the "O"

If you get these letters from every answer, you can then unscramble them and get "Fuck trivia giveaways"

Every thing except the very last part was figured out though, so I don't think they were that big of a leap, but I definitely had too many steps. I kind of just wanted to make the answer "Fuck trivia giveaways", and so I kind of just made it up as I went along. Next time I do something like this I definitely won't have calculus though
(or maybe only calculus)

No, the Riddler riddles always has answers that were clear and easy to figure out if you think about it. That is just a clusterfuck above.

Riddler and the Joker's riddles got super convoluted in Scott Snyder's run.

Yeah, I mean, if you're going to make a trivia giveaway were the answer is "Fuck trivia giveaways" then he completely succeeded.

Trivia giveaways suck.

Asgaro

Vais
Gifv
Y (Why)

[red]HAVE STEAM ARG'S GONE TOO FAR[/red]

Vais
Gifv
Y (Why)

I can't tell if Dongs is a genius or a moron.

...Meh, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Backlogger

Funstock sent me an invalid key for my free key from the Fallout 4 Pre-order fiasco :(

Vais
Gifv
Y (Why)

XWOuu8G.gif

Kiru

Vais
Gifv
Y (Why)

I did a poor job explaining it, so I'll try to explain it better.

Basically, once you get the third question, you should noticed that the guy's name was Edward de la Fontaine.

In my puzzle, I made a joke about an Edward de la Dong who lived 131 years ago. 131 is the important clue.

For every one of my questions, I put a seemingly arbitrary difficulty rating. For the third question, it was 1/1, and the answer to the calculus question was O.

If you read the shitty poem I wrote, you would find out that O means 3 letters.

In one of my hints, I also mentioned "1O1", which is the same thing as "131"

That means you get rid of "1" letter in the beginning, "1" letter at the end, then you're left with 3 letters, or the "O"

If you get these letters from every answer, you can then unscramble them and get "Fuck trivia giveaways"

Every thing except the very last part was figured out though, so I don't think they were that big of a leap, but I definitely had too many steps. I kind of just wanted to make the answer "Fuck trivia giveaways", and so I kind of just made it up as I went along. Next time I do something like this I definitely won't have calculus though
(or maybe only calculus)
Just reminds me of this scene...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D97gwGlMFE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom