• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backlogger

Tweet them or email them to replace it

I did, just figured it was worth mentioning to dissuade people from using them in the future (esp. on pre-orders)

I honestly never even asked for the free key but if you are going to offer them because you screwed up, don't screw up the free key...

don't use funstock
ever
they fuck up every major release

Noted

Please don't scare me, I've got a XCOM 2 Preorder up there.

Be scared

I pre-ordered Mad Max from them and had no issue, but Fallout 4 was a much bigger release. XCOM 2 will be too, but maybe not as big as Fallout?

rtcn63

950Crk1.jpg

Makes about as much sense as this.

tumblr_lam576bbK11qdoghio1_500.png

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
#screenshotsaturday has returned in 2016!

As leaked on Socks Make People Sexy’s 36th podcast episode, we’d like to introduce you to the Dean of Suijoki Academy. He’s a slow spoken, methodical man who insists he’s always available for his students, but never actually seems to be around on campus! His speeches are inspiring, driving a fierce loyalty within the student body. Most people don’t even know his name, as he only ever refers to himself as his job title. Still! If you ever do manage to see him, he’s always welcoming and ready to set aside time to make sure your experience at the academy is up to standard.

Our second character reveal is our good friend lashman, also known as Martin from Robotbrush. He&#8217;s a central figure to our community, and have been keeping his character under wraps through development. In light of recent events, we felt it was best to show him that he&#8217;s been with us this whole time, and we all hope he feels better soon. <3

With calenders now officially rolled over to 2016, we realize progress has been quite invisible over the past 6 months. We hope to have more to show you soon, and can&#8217;t wait to get Suijoki Academy into your hands. Until next time!

Hektor

I pre-ordered Mad Max from them and had no issue, but Fallout 4 was a much bigger release. XCOM 2 will be too, but maybe not as big as Fallout?

I'll stick with my preorder for now i think. I mean, in the worst case there are other great releases to look forward to that time. Even if i'm really looking forward to to playing it day 1....

HAHAHAHAH oh my god. Yes, yes, this is so fitting. :D

Pachimari

The answers to the calculus questions were OGNNOODDD.
The answers to the trivia questions:
Vais
Gifv
Dicks (his real name was Edward de la Fontaine)
Arthur ("peanut butter sandwich" and "pearls before swine" refer to PBS, while "believe in yourself" refers to the theme song)
Lieu (in English it's pronounce like "ly-oo", but it's different in French)
Passchendaele (Aquaman refers to Arthur Currie, since Aquaman's name is Arthur Curry)
Patrick (his house is a rock)
Stewart (Patrick Stewart was Claudius in Hamlet and Professor X)
Y (Why)

If you looked at the puzzle, I mentioned the number 131 and made a joke about "Edward de la Dong". The real name of Dicks (third answer) was Edward de la Fontaine, which I thought would be a big hint. I also mentioned "1O1" in a later clue. The guy that posted a while ago about the letters of the calculus answers and the "difficulty ratings" corresponding to the letters in each trivia answer was right, but they didn't figure out that 131 and 1O1 are significant. "1O1" refers to the letters you are supposed to use in the third answer. The "O" corresponds to the three letters in the middle, as D is 1, O is 2, N is 3, and G is 4 according to the poem in the puzzle. After taking the letters from every trivia answer, you can unscramble them to get "Fuck trivia giveaways".

My brain can't comprehend all of this after two sleepless nights. I think you might have just fried it.

MUnited83

For you.
Vais
Gifv
Arthur ("peanut butter sandwich" and "pearls before swine" refer to PBS, while "believe in yourself" refers to the theme song)
Passchendaele (Aquaman refers to Arthur Currie, since Aquaman's name is Arthur Curry)
Y (Why)

If you looked at the puzzle, I mentioned the number 131 and made a joke about "Edward de la Dong". The real name of Dicks (third answer) was Edward de la Fontaine, which I thought would be a big hint. I also mentioned "1O1" in a later clue. The guy that posted a while ago about the letters of the calculus answers and the "difficulty ratings" corresponding to the letters in each trivia answer was right, but they didn't figure out that 131 and 1O1 are significant. "1O1" refers to the letters you are supposed to use in the third answer. The "O" corresponds to the three letters in the middle, as D is 1, O is 2, N is 3, and G is 4 according to the poem in the puzzle. After taking the letters from every trivia answer, you can unscramble them to get "Fuck trivia giveaways".
giphy.gif

As leaked on Socks Make People Sexy’s 36th podcast episode, we’d like to introduce you to the Dean of Suijoki Academy. He’s a slow spoken, methodical man who insists he’s always available for his students, but never actually seems to be around on campus! His speeches are inspiring, driving a fierce loyalty within the student body. Most people don’t even know his name, as he only ever refers to himself as his job title. Still! If you ever do manage to see him, he’s always welcoming and ready to set aside time to make sure your experience at the academy is up to standard.

Our second character reveal is our good friend lashman, also known as Martin from Robotbrush. He’s a central figure to our community, and have been keeping his character under wraps through development. In light of recent events, we felt it was best to show him that he’s been with us this whole time, and we all hope he feels better soon. <3

With calenders now officially rolled over to 2016, we realize progress has been quite invisible over the past 6 months. We hope to have more to show you soon, and can’t wait to get Suijoki Academy into your hands. Until next time!

Love the lashman art, need him back more than ever now!

Messiah

[...]

With calenders now officially rolled over to 2016, we realize progress has been quite invisible over the past 6 months. We hope to have more to show you soon, and can’t wait to get Suijoki Academy into your hands. Until next time!
Good Stuff. Keep up the good work Cheese, Saya and everyone else contributing to the project.

2Tx9xG0.gif

Jawmuncher

As leaked on Socks Make People Sexy&#8217;s 36th podcast episode, we&#8217;d like to introduce you to the Dean of Suijoki Academy. He&#8217;s a slow spoken, methodical man who insists he&#8217;s always available for his students, but never actually seems to be around on campus! His speeches are inspiring, driving a fierce loyalty within the student body. Most people don&#8217;t even know his name, as he only ever refers to himself as his job title. Still! If you ever do manage to see him, he&#8217;s always welcoming and ready to set aside time to make sure your experience at the academy is up to standard.

Our second character reveal is our good friend lashman, also known as Martin from Robotbrush. He&#8217;s a central figure to our community, and have been keeping his character under wraps through development. In light of recent events, we felt it was best to show him that he&#8217;s been with us this whole time, and we all hope he feels better soon. <3

With calenders now officially rolled over to 2016, we realize progress has been quite invisible over the past 6 months. We hope to have more to show you soon, and can&#8217;t wait to get Suijoki Academy into your hands. Until next time!

My artist rendition was close enough for the dean. Sayara doing good work on the art.
Nice to see lashman in some form in this thread atm. Can't wait to play it someday.

What happened with lash?

We don't know.

As leaked on Socks Make People Sexy&#8217;s 36th podcast episode, we&#8217;d like to introduce you to the Dean of Suijoki Academy. He&#8217;s a slow spoken, methodical man who insists he&#8217;s always available for his students, but never actually seems to be around on campus! His speeches are inspiring, driving a fierce loyalty within the student body. Most people don&#8217;t even know his name, as he only ever refers to himself as his job title. Still! If you ever do manage to see him, he&#8217;s always welcoming and ready to set aside time to make sure your experience at the academy is up to standard.

Glad to hear about the progress.

Vais
Gifv
Y (Why)

Did Dongs Macabre accidentally make Fez 2?

Pachimari

Man, I'm probably gonna have an all-nighter again. Really can't fall asleep, even when I pull myself away from all those screens and monitors. Ugh.

Ninian

Neo Member
Is there any reason why Amazon carries certain games like Valkyria Chronicles and not others like Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen?

Ventara

I did a poor job explaining it, so I'll try to explain it better.

Basically, once you get the third question, you should noticed that the guy's name was Edward de la Fontaine.

In my puzzle, I made a joke about an Edward de la Dong who lived 131 years ago. 131 is the important clue.

For every one of my questions, I put a seemingly arbitrary difficulty rating. For the third question, it was 1/1, and the answer to the calculus question was O.

If you read the shitty poem I wrote, you would find out that O means 3 letters.

In one of my hints, I also mentioned "1O1", which is the same thing as "131"

That means you get rid of "1" letter in the beginning, "1" letter at the end, then you're left with 3 letters, or the "O"

If you get these letters from every answer, you can then unscramble them and get "Fuck trivia giveaways"

Every thing except the very last part was figured out though, so I don't think they were that big of a leap, but I definitely had too many steps. I kind of just wanted to make the answer "Fuck trivia giveaways", and so I kind of just made it up as I went along. Next time I do something like this I definitely won't have calculus though
(or maybe only calculus)

Riddler and the Joker's riddles got super convoluted in Scott Snyder's run.

Trivia giveaways suck.

Ah, of course! It all makes sense now.

On point.

So I am going to buy Doom. I will play it and like the beginning with whatever research facility you are at that goes to shit. Then things will get worse and some teleporting, or hidden wall, or jump scare enemy will be introduced and I will drop it.

Just like all the other times I have bought Doom.

So I am going to buy Doom. I will play it and like the beginning with whatever research facility you are at that goes to shit. Then things will get worse and some teleporting, or hidden wall, or jump scare enemy will be introduced and I will drop it.

Just like all the other times I have bought Doom.

At least you're honest about it.

Dr Dogg

That moment when you take your lethargic sequential solution and expand it to a more efficient paralised version that cuts your cycle rate it half in TIS-100 is pretty fucking sweet. Just when I thought I had my SteamGAF GOTY picks sorted...

bigzgod

I for one eagerly await the Winter Plushies that will come with the release for ordering o/

BorntoPlay

Vais
Gifv
Y (Why)

Clever, but english is not my primary language.... so that was the problem for me... lol

Uzzy

That moment when you take your lethargic sequential solution and expand it to a more efficient paralised version that cuts your cycle rate it half in TIS-100 is pretty fucking sweet. Just when I thought I had my SteamGAF GOTY picks sorted...

I know some of these words.gif

Seriously, the game looks pretty cool. Looks like one my much older brother, who programmed stuff on the likes of the BBC Acorn Electron and the Commodore 64, would enjoy far more though.

AHA-Lambda

Vais
Gifv
Y (Why)

what-the-fuck-is-going-on.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol at Indiegala advertising on twitter a free key of Bedlam with purchases above 2€ with this picture

CYSxmkPWcAAjoIe.jpg

but the actual Bedlam they are offering is this game

header.jpg

still not a bad deal if you were going to buy anything from their sale (above 2€ of course)

Dr Dogg

I know some of these words.gif

Seriously, the game looks pretty cool. Looks like one my much older brother, who programmed stuff on the likes of the BBC Acorn Electron and the Commodore 64, would enjoy far more though.

Well it certainly brings back the memories of school days of fucking about with a 'turtle' in LOGO to draw some pretty pictures. Wonder if PU works in TIS-100?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom