• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

When was the last time SteamGaf cleaned their PCs?
Cleaned mine today.
Impressed at all the dust it had
49dd5f0485.gif

Too lazy to open up my laptop.
It's an HP too, those things are dedicated heat generators.

Pachimari

Oh, also received Original Sin (classic). Nice.

How does this Kicktraq extension for the Chrome browser work? It doesn't seem to appear anywhere, even though I have "reminders" on some projects. Does it only track kickstarters you have backed?

I'm actually only following one active project on Kickstarter now, which is Slipstream. Anything else worth looking into at this moment? Wish they had a videogame category, and not just a games category.

zkylon

zkylewd

Pachimari

I actually think I'll challenge myself, and tell myself to finish Final Fantasy VII before Rise of the Tomb Raider hits on January 28. It's just this mental block in my mind, that I have never been able to complete a Final Fantasy game, and that I have this picture of them being big epic games taking hours upon hours of completing but then again, I'm very much invested in the world of Final Fantasy VII now. I just hope that Sephiroth isn't the biggest twist of the story (I think I read a spoiler of what his relation is, in a FFXV thread) but I guess I can blame myself for being so late to the game.

Unfortunately I have pissed my day rhythm, because I can't fall asleep for some reason.

Pachimari

Seeing that I only completed Max Payne 3, Dear Esther, The Plan and Shelter last year, I will be happy if I complete just two games this year. As of right now, these games are on my to-complete list of 2016:

Final Fantasy VII
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Undertale
Final Fantasy XI
Bloodborne
Persona 4: Golden
Dragon Quest IV

And if I get to complete just the first three, I will be beyond ecstatic. Would really be a gaming achievement to me. But small steps and all that.

No, why?
WHY.
Garbage story, garbage JRPG grinding, garbage JRPG boss fights.

Don't worry. I'll do the XIII trilogy next.

Turfster

hey now

you can argue for garbage story and boss fights if u want, but you don't have to grind for shit in ff7, cmon
Well, it's been like, almost 20 years? And I don't remember much of it.
All I remember is having to fight a random fucking battle every fucking 2 steps I took, which is also a grind =p

Firebrand

Do Brazilian keys for 2K games (Nuuvem) still activate in EU without VPNs? Worked fine in the past for me, but just checking.

I thought I'd be lazy and just grab XCOM 2 on Steam but then I saw the day 1 €20 DLC... ugh. edit: Nvm, I see it's actually a Season Pass.

Sch1sm

Do Brazilian keys for 2K games (Nuuvem) still activate in EU without VPNs? Worked fine in the past for me, but just checking.

I thought I'd be lazy and just grab XCOM 2 on Steam but then I saw the day 1 €20 DLC... ugh. edit: Nvm, I see it's actually a Season Pass.

I'm pretty sure 2K is one of those publishers where Nuuvem just says nope, even with a VPN. Something to do with PayPal.

zkylon

zkylewd
If only FF games let you run from battles. That would be such an amazing feature
still, random battles are annoying

wish every game used persona's system

for me persona is for jrpgs what dark souls is for everything

just make everything like persona

EVERYTHING

doesn't say limited to brazil but idk how it is for ppl outside latin america

rtcn63

Well, it's been like, almost 20 years? And I don't remember much of it.
All I remember is having to fight a random fucking battle every fucking 2 steps I took, which is also a grind =p

I remember playing Lunar and the enemies were on-screen, so you could avoid them (at least some of the time, ambushes were a thing). FF is notorious for the high amount of random battles, but you had to do them or you'd get your ass handed to you by the boss. Even learning limit breaks in FF7 is often tied to how many times you use a specific attack.

still, random battles are annoying

wish every game used persona's system

for me persona is for jrpgs what dark souls is for everything

just make everything like persona

EVERYTHING
Tons of JRPGs use that system these days, with enemy icons on the map and hitting them for an advantage
Trails of Cold Steel, Atelier and Neptunia for example

I agree, it's great

zkylon

zkylewd
Tons of JRPGs use that system these days, with enemy icons on the map and hitting them for an advantage
Trails of Cold Steel, Atelier and Neptunia for example

I agree, it's great

too bad none of those games do much for me :>

well maybe tits, i bet i'll enjoy tits quite a bit when i buy it

vg260

Anyone recently lose your Steam categories?

This has happened before but came back automatically, wondering if it's just a temporary glitch on the Steam side.

zkylon

zkylewd
Anyone recently lose your Steam categories?

This has happened before but came back automatically, wondering if it's just a temporary glitch on the Steam side.

try restarting steam

it's happened to me a few times that it failed to properly sync

Asgaro

This place smells like shit.

👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌
👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌
👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit

I just finished all of the god quests for the Council of Stars in Pillars of Eternity.
Descending into the pit
isn't the start of the end game is it? Haven't started the dlc or keep dungeon.

Uzzy

I just finished all of the god quests for the Council of Stars in Pillars of Eternity.
Descending into the pit

It's the point of no return. Do everything you want to do beforehand.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder if jrpgs would do well to scripted exp gains through like game progression/side quests

if u remove the element of grind from fights you can make them a little bit more interesting i think

or just do the persona thing and add a speed up button and let trash mobs resolve themselves lol

Descending into the pit
yeah, you're right there. there's a very clear point of no return a little bit past there but you're really close to the end

Tried multiple times on different computers. My categories are gone.
strange...

dunno what to tell u then :/

Grief.exe

Little sneak peak of the title block for the Dragon's Dogma OT

24171025772_8b044f748e_o.gif

Aren't you finished with some of those games? Don't you uininstall?

I don't really see the point. I have the majority of my games stored on a 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD, then I switch them back and forth between my main SSD when I want to play. I also have a separate SSD for Linux.

I am do for a format however, and I like to delete my storage drive during those periods. I will have to cycle back to 8.1, as I want to keep my Windows 10 activation alive for a new build.

Khronico

I find myself reinstalling games so much that I'm gonna try only uninstalling when absolutely necessary. Lots of wasted bandwidth.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Legend of Grimrock is awesome

0040b864f9748f223bff66b883ec270c.480x360x1.jpg

any reason why I shouldnt rest / quicksave after every encounter like a pussy?

Kinda wish I created my own party too but the default peeps are ok I guess, good mix and im kinda already a few floors down now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom