• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
The answers to the calculus questions were OGNNOODDD.
The answers to the trivia questions:
Vais
Gifv
Dicks (his real name was Edward de la Fontaine)
Arthur ("peanut butter sandwich" and "pearls before swine" refer to PBS, while "believe in yourself" refers to the theme song)
Lieu (in English it's pronounce like "ly-oo", but it's different in French)
Passchendaele (Aquaman refers to Arthur Currie, since Aquaman's name is Arthur Curry)
Patrick (his house is a rock)
Stewart (Patrick Stewart was Claudius in Hamlet and Professor X)
Y (Why)

If you looked at the puzzle, I mentioned the number 131 and made a joke about "Edward de la Dong". The real name of Dicks (third answer) was Edward de la Fontaine, which I thought would be a big hint. I also mentioned "1O1" in a later clue. The guy that posted a while ago about the letters of the calculus answers and the "difficulty ratings" corresponding to the letters in each trivia answer was right, but they didn't figure out that 131 and 1O1 are significant. "1O1" refers to the letters you are supposed to use in the third answer. The "O" corresponds to the three letters in the middle, as D is 1, O is 2, N is 3, and G is 4 according to the poem in the puzzle. After taking the letters from every trivia answer, you can unscramble them to get "Fuck trivia giveaways".
You sound like one of my university professors.

Well it certainly brings back the memories of school days of fucking about with a 'turtle' in LOGO to draw some pretty pictures. Wonder if PU works in TIS-100?

I remember LOGO. When I was in grade 5, rather than making pictures, I decided to make patterns by putting the turtle at an angle, then going forward like 40000 units, turning it, then doing the same thing (because it wrapped around from top to bottom.) The computer teacher was not impressed and started telling me what street my turtle would have gone to.

zkylon

zkylewd
that's cool, i never played it with a controller before, i bet it's much better

lol at Indiegala advertising on twitter a free key of Bedlam with purchases above 2€ with this picture

CYSxmkPWcAAjoIe.jpg

but the actual Bedlam they are offering is this game

header.jpg

still not a bad deal if you were going to buy anything from their sale (above 2€ of course)

lmao these sites man..

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Another victim to the TIS-100 juggernaut? It's certainly given my rarely used these day maths skills a kick in the happy sacks.

Yes, I had fun with the first three or four levels, then I just started to feel completely helpless

A liiitle tutorial would have been nice

Well that last page was a real cluster fuck.

Thanks Dongs.

Our second character reveal is our good friend lashman, also known as Martin from Robotbrush. He’s a central figure to our community, and have been keeping his character under wraps through development. In light of recent events, we felt it was best to show him that he’s been with us this whole time, and we all hope he feels better soon. <3

With calenders now officially rolled over to 2016, we realize progress has been quite invisible over the past 6 months. We hope to have more to show you soon, and can’t wait to get Suijoki Academy into your hands. Until next time!

Speaking of.....

....Have we heard from lashman yet?

lol at Indiegala advertising on twitter a free key of Bedlam with purchases above 2€ with this picture

CYSxmkPWcAAjoIe.jpg

but the actual Bedlam they are offering is this game

header.jpg

still not a bad deal if you were going to buy anything from their sale (above 2€ of course)

Strange, when I bough Faces of War from Indiegala a week or so ago, mainly because I thought it was getting pulled from steam, it had the correct Bedlam picture. Something must have gone wrong in their automation I suppose. I never got my free scratchie game though.

Has anyone actually played the other Bedlam, Skyshines? I almost bought it during the sale but it seems to have a strange mechanic where you only have enough points to move one character per turn instead of all.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Man I'm loving The Old Blood, especially now that
zombies started raining down from the sky.
Think I read some impressions that this wasn't as good as TNO, but apart from the shaky start it's been great. Making your way through an encounter in stealth mode first to kill the officers, then go guns blazing against the remaining soldiers, never gets old.

zkylon

zkylewd
Speaking of.....

....Have we heard from lashman yet?
nope, he's changed his twitter status to something a bit less worrying but still no indication he's doing better :/

Man I'm loving The Old Blood, especially now that
zombies started raining down from the sky.
Think I read some impressions that this wasn't as good as TNO, but apart from the shaky start it's been great. Making your way through an encounter in stealth mode first to kill the officers, then go guns blazing against the remaining soldiers, never gets old.
yeah, that gameplay loop is really satisfying because you get to play the same areas twice in a really different way each time.

it's really fun, i should've probably set in on hard since it's pretty easy on normal. most of my deaths are from the terrible ladder controls but u know, first person shooters and ladders..

Some 'press' has just leaked their copy to the world.
Pirates can play Dragon's Dogma a week earlier than us. Bullshit. Someone get that so called 'press', I want justice.

Momentary

Banned
No one thinks it's fishy that MSI and Acer both used Bloodborne to advertise their PC products? The ads are pretty close to one another too.

This wouldn't be the first time MSI accidentally revealed a game too soon.

Jawmuncher

No one thinks it's fishy that MSI and Acer both used Bloodborne to advertise their PC products? The ads are pretty close to one another too.

This wouldn't be the first time MSI accidentally revealed a game too soon.

Bloodborne on PC would be one hell of a thread.

Dsyndrome

The answers to the calculus questions were OGNNOODDD.
The answers to the trivia questions:
Vais
Gifv
Dicks (his real name was Edward de la Fontaine)
Arthur ("peanut butter sandwich" and "pearls before swine" refer to PBS, while "believe in yourself" refers to the theme song)
Lieu (in English it's pronounce like "ly-oo", but it's different in French)
Passchendaele (Aquaman refers to Arthur Currie, since Aquaman's name is Arthur Curry)
Patrick (his house is a rock)
Stewart (Patrick Stewart was Claudius in Hamlet and Professor X)
Y (Why)

If you looked at the puzzle, I mentioned the number 131 and made a joke about "Edward de la Dong". The real name of Dicks (third answer) was Edward de la Fontaine, which I thought would be a big hint. I also mentioned "1O1" in a later clue. The guy that posted a while ago about the letters of the calculus answers and the "difficulty ratings" corresponding to the letters in each trivia answer was right, but they didn't figure out that 131 and 1O1 are significant. "1O1" refers to the letters you are supposed to use in the third answer. The "O" corresponds to the three letters in the middle, as D is 1, O is 2, N is 3, and G is 4 according to the poem in the puzzle. After taking the letters from every trivia answer, you can unscramble them to get "Fuck trivia giveaways".

Hey, I was right on the calculus! Yay being an engineer/nerd.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=190282004&postcount=3604

GIFV though?

Pachimari

And now I just discovered Crashlands too. Is there any hype around this game or excitement? It seems to play like Don't Starve but with way more action.

Pachimari

I'm starting to feel bad about owning Bloodborne since launch but not playing it. In fact I own the whole Souls series but have a hard time getting into it. I'll have to give Bloodborne another go later this year.

Grief.exe

hhmmm look what our favorite friend from Capcom has been playing...

One is Dragon's Dogma, that used to show up in his profile but seems to be hidden again after the pre-load went live. What's the other one?

Fq3dV1j.jpg

I'm starting to feel bad about owning Bloodborne since launch but not playing it. In fact I own the whole Souls series but have a hard time getting into it. I'll have to give Bloodborne another go later this year.

Wait.

You own a PS4, you own Bloodborne. What have you been doing with your PS4?

Did you join an Ultimate Frisbee League and have been flipping it to your friends?

One is Dragon's Dogma, that used to show up in his profile but seems to be hidden again after the pre-load went live. What's the other one?

Fq3dV1j.jpg

Wait.

Did you join an Ultimate Frisbee League and have been flipping it to your friends?
Resident Evil Zero, I'd guess.

Haunted

Fq3dV1j.jpg

?
How does someone have 422 hours in RE4?

Uzzy

Wait, could you cosplay in the original Dead Rising 3 or is that a screenshot of Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha?

Pachimari

Fq3dV1j.jpg

Wait.

FIFA gives me pleasure.

Resident Evil Zero, I'd guess.
It shows Street Fighter V.

Open world ARPG with the best real time combat ever (the director of the series is Hideaki Itsuno, the DMC guy) that's also secretly a Berserk game.

Tight open world, dynamic combat system, dark nights.

If I've got you now, don't continue reading.
Daenerys had dragons. So should you.
You can be dogmatic sometimes.

Clearly the game is specifically for / about you
Alright
4yo8o0M.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom