• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Alright
4yo8o0M.png

That there looks gross, standard for life.

Wait, could you cosplay in the original Dead Rising 3 or is that a screenshot of Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha?

It's DLC for dead rising but not the hyper.,

Is there a recommended starting point for Team Fortress 2? For players totally new to the game.

Just launch it and play Payload or Capture-The-Briefcase in a vanilla (no mods) server. For classes, Pyro, Medic, or Soldier would be the easiest to start with, I think. Any class would work, but those three, plus maybe Heavy, are the least reliant on advanced techniques to really succeed.

Protip: remember to attack any ally you can't walk through, because they are a spy, and that spy will kill you--plus watch out for empty corners, they could have an invisible spy hiding there--AND watch out for allies walking up behind you, because they, too, could be a spy. Really, after playing TF2 for a while, you'll develop a reflexive twitch about checking corners, behind you, and allies, as you travel through the map; in spite of this, spies will still get you. And one of those spies may be me.

Godspeed, youngling. You will need it.

Tecl0n

hhmmm look what our favorite friend from Capcom has been playing...

One is Dragon's Dogma, that used to show up in his profile but seems to be hidden again after the pre-load went live. What's the other one?

Fq3dV1j.jpg
?

400h+ of RE4? The game has great replay value but still.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
hhmmm look what our favorite friend from Capcom has been playing...

One is Dragon's Dogma, that used to show up in his profile but seems to be hidden again after the pre-load went live. What's the other one?

Fq3dV1j.jpg

Wait.

You own a PS4, you own Bloodborne. What have you been doing with your PS4?

Did you join an Ultimate Frisbee League and have been flipping it to your friends?

I thought the Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha DLC wasn't on PC?

That was my first guess as well, I can always hope for something interesting. God Hand? Okami? Dead Rising 1? Interesting times.

He has tons of hours in all of the Capcom releases, likely testing builds before it goes live.

Playing God Hand on PC would be so amazing.

Pachimari

Why am I reminded that Okami and Dead Rising 1 aren't on Steam..

Which game on Steam is most similar to the classic Boulder Dash in concept by the way?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I just got a YouTube Community Guidelines strike for a video that absolutely is not in violation of YouTube community guidelines (a 90 minute lecture on energy policy). Why did this happen? I appealed and basically said this is obviously not in violation of community guidelines. In the mean time I can't upload videos >15 minutes, which is insane. Ugh.

Annubis

I just got a YouTube Community Guidelines strike for a video that absolutely is not in violation of YouTube community guidelines (a 90 minute lecture on energy policy). Why did this happen? I appealed and basically said this is obviously not in violation of community guidelines. In the mean time I can't upload videos >15 minutes, which is insane. Ugh.

Youtube strikes are stupid as shit pretty much.
It's a guilty until proven innocent system.
If someone reports your video (even for no reason), you're already screwed.

Just launch it and play Payload or Capture-The-Briefcase in a vanilla (no mods) server. For classes, Pyro, Medic, or Soldier would be the easiest to start with, I think. Any class would work, but those three, plus maybe Heavy, are the least reliant on advanced techniques to really succeed.

Protip: remember to attack any ally you can't walk through, because they are a spy, and that spy will kill you--plus watch out for empty corners, they could have an invisible spy hiding there--AND watch out for allies walking up behind you, because they, too, could be a spy. Really, after playing TF2 for a while, you'll develop a reflexive twitch about checking corners, behind you, and allies, as you travel through the map; in spite of this, spies will still get you. And one of those spies may be me.

Godspeed, youngling. You will need it.

Thank you. I think I will dip into it in the next couple weeks.

So, Portal 2. Proof that too much of a good thing is a thing.

Valve's descent into Minions-style humour is a shame. Portal should be better than that.

So, started Zestiria.

It's not the greatest RPG ever, but it does scratch my itch. Will Trails in the Sky (playing later tonight after work) give me a handjob?

MUnited83

For you.
Some 'press' has just leaked their copy to the world.
Pirates can play Dragon's Dogma a week earlier than us. Bullshit. Someone get that so called 'press', I want justice.
I wonder if there's anything in place to indentify the guy. At least it should be relatively easy to narrow down.

MUnited83

For you.
If the copy floating around is pre-cracked, then I doubt it.
Well supposedly the initial guy posted his dump of the game folder and then someone else cracked it.
I do wonder of there's a way to fool Steam to run it if you own it, by substituting the preload files for the final folder.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
So, started Zestiria.

It's not the greatest RPG ever, but it does scratch my itch. Will Trails in the Sky (playing later tonight after work) give me a handjob?

The writing in Trails is so good. It game me the feeling that Suikoden 2 gives from the supporting cast. If you are inclined, each NPC has a surprisingly deep amount of dialog. Even random townsfolk will react differently after major events and you doing quests for them. Such a wonderful game. FC& SC are amazing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom