• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
i liked portal 2 but cave johnson did nothing for me and the paint stuff i didn't find any fun either

portal 2 had some great stuff (wheatley and the cores) but i left it at the time feeling like it was an unnecessary sequel

But did u buy any?
yea, spider donut

i told u yesterday -__-

yeah it's really slow especially at the beginning, it gets a bit better but the humor is a bit hit or miss

it does some things kind of creatively
i can see how ppl would see the start as slow but it was actually one of my favorite parts

few times a game has made me feel some sympathetic in like its first 5 minutes

I thought piracy was dying.
nope

all my friends pirate their games and they all play them way before me haha

The writing in Trails is so good. It game me the feeling that Suikoden 2 gives from the supporting cast. If you are inclined, each NPC has a surprisingly deep amount of dialog. Even random townsfolk will react differently after major events and you doing quests for them. Such a wonderful game. FC& SC are amazing games.

So yes.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I appreciate the effort Dongs put it into the giveaway. But there is no way anyone would ever come to that conclusion. Even if a group of people all worked together. Too abstract

lmao pirates already playing dragon's dogma

NotLikeThis.png
NotLikeThis.png
NotLikeThis.png
NotLikeThis.png

Twitter full of pics.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't think there was a reasons combobox last time i refunded a game

game's too difficult and game's not fun are some of the reasons

pretty cool

i refunded crypt of the necrodancer

game's really good, just not for me

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well supposedly the initial guy posted his dump of the game folder and then someone else cracked it.

In that case, I would assume the CEG-laden executable has some sort of account identifier (further assuming the game uses CEG).

I do wonder of there's a way to fool Steam to run it if you own it, by substituting the preload files for the final folder.

Since the store sub doesn't have a release state flag, Steam looks to the app instead.

Ozium

how do I find out what games released in 2015 on Steam in so much that they are eligible to be voted upon for the game of the year award for the steam thread as presented and codified by mr. j shackles?

I'm not gonna be able to get Dragon's Dogma until my birfday on the 21st, if I was a scumbag I would download one of those hot leaked copies, but alas I'm not. Kind of messed up that a reviewer would leak the game like that, what a slap in the face that must feel like to Capcom.

how do I find out what games released in 2015 on Steam in so much that they are eligible to be voted upon for the game of the year award for the steam thread as presented and codified by mr. j shackles?

I went through wikipedia to remember all the games that came out in 2015, if there's something you want know if it's valid, just ask here.

JaseC

This damn cat needed meds so this is my game for the month.

You're missing the SegoeWP fonts. The creator/curator of PixelVision 2 doesn't provide them for whatever reason, but they're included with Pulseh's older versions of PV, which are still up.

Edit: Also, your version of PV2 is outdated, hence the jumble of text in the upper-left corner of the Download window.

Dsyndrome

Played some Black Flag for the first time in a year, realized I was only 30% into the game, can't even do wreck dives and spear Moby Dick yet. Need to make a resolution to beat a sequence a day and try to finish it before the end of the month once and for all.

Then Witcher 3, PoE, Wasteland 2, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, or Dragon's Dogma comes around again in my mind and throws all that shit out the window.

JaseC

Over/Under on the new Odin's Sphere coming to Steam?

latest

It's an Atlus game, so nothing will happen unless Sega finally flexes its parent company muscle and demands a PC port instead of treating Atlus like some sort of timid golden goose a la Take-Two and R*.

You're missing the SegoeWP fonts. The creator/curator of PixelVision 2 doesn't provide them for whatever reason, but they're included with Pulseh's older versions of PV, which are still up.

Edit: Also, your version of PV2 is outdated, hence the jumble of text in the upper-left corner of the Download window.

Thanks, I need to get a new skin but I'm lazy so I've not looked yet.

Somebody recommend me the best skin.

Grief.exe

It's an Atlus game, so nothing will happen unless Sega finally flexes its parent company muscle and demands a PC port instead of treating Atlus like some sort of timid golden goose a la Take-Two and R*.

I was thinking that Atlus was just publishing the game, but seems they may own the IP entirely.

I just took out my PS2 copy and I can't even find mention of Vanillaware at all, and the back points all trademarks to Atlus.

JaseC

It seems Valve updated purchase receipts at some point in the past few days. Most notably, small store header images are included, there's a mention of refunds, and the subject is now "Thank you!" rather than "Thank you for purchase!".

Momentary

Banned
I thought piracy was dying.

It feels like it to me. I used to hear people around me talk about it all the time years ago. I haven't heard someone talk about pirating a game probably in the last 5 or so years. I have a time stamp on this because the last person that told me about them pirating something was 25 years old and living with their mom. That person is now 30 years old and still living with their mom last I heard.

Tizoc

Go to account details and check ur list of purchases
See which of ur 2015 purchases or key redemption are 2015 games

tmarg

It feels like it to me. I used to hear people around me talk about it all the time years ago. I haven't heard someone talk about pirating a game probably in the last 5 or so years. I have a time stamp on this because the last person that told me about them pirating something was 25 years old and living with their mom. That person is now 30 years old and still living with their mom last I heard.

As you get older, generally you are going to be around other older people who are more financially secure and willing to pay for things.

While I suspect that piracy has declined overall in recent years, I'm sure it is still fairly common among certain demographics, you just probably aren't interacting with them as much anymore.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just finished Assassin's Creed Rogue. The game was good (not nearly as good as Syndicate) and I liked the story quite a bit. I didn't feel invested enough to try to get 100% sync like I did with Syndicate, and the difficulty in some areas was off the charts. I also didn't care much for the naval battles and such, and was glad that almost all of that was completely optional.

I liked how at the end
, Shay was the one who killed Arno's father at the beginning of Assassin's Creed Unity.
I also liked
how the story fit in with Assassin's Creed III.

Overall, not bad. And I finished it with 54% sync in 14 hours.

Momentary

Banned
As you get older, generally you are going to be around other older people who are more financially secure and willing to pay for things.

While I suspect that piracy has declined overall in recent years, I'm sure it is still fairly common among certain demographics, you just probably aren't interacting with them as much anymore.

Oh I know that's the case. Only time it was heavily talked about around my circle was in ancient times when I was a teenager.

I just mean I just FEEL like it's declining. I was just bringing up the last time I ran into someone talking about it.

zkylon

zkylewd
depends where you live i guess

here in argieland i think i know like two people tops that don't regularly pirate games.

i don't blame em cos prices here aren't kind and i'd rather they pirated games than not play them at all (which is what happened to a lot of ppl i know that bought ps3s here and found themselves incapable of affording games for it and just play pro evo and that's it)

Same games every time, too. Can tell they put loads of effort in.
/s
i mean, if i was a cynical person i'd assume they just had keys that weren't selling that they wanted to get rid of :p

It's Ningen's birthday? Happy birthday!

yeah!

Tizoc

Seriously. If CVX isn't next then what the hell are Capcom doing?! It's the only glaring omission at this point. I'm still kinda surprised Zero is actually coming before it.
Evidentally someone forget about re 2 hd :p

Knurek

So, started Zestiria.

It's not the greatest RPG ever, but it does scratch my itch. Will Trails in the Sky (playing later tonight after work) give me a handjob?

Depends on what you're looking into in an RPG.
If you want setting, characters and good writing then yes.
If you like gameplay, combat and dungeon design, than unfortunately no. It's not bad on those fronts but not really all that great either.

Ludens

Banned
Happy birthday Ninjen!
This is a little giveaway to celebrate!
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Naninights -- MB-E167B264D5A43374 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.

t1452421833z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
It seems Valve updated purchase receipts at some point in the past few days. Most notably, small store header images are included, there's a mention of refunds, and the subject is now "Thank you!" rather than "Thank you for purchase!".

Maybe now they can get around to finish refunding Dark Souls II for me. SOB is still sitting in my account. It's been 15 days, it's taking them forever!

Edit: Happy Birthday Ningen, you beautiful redhead.

happy birthday ningen!

It's Ningen's birthday? Happy birthday!

Happy birthday Ninjen!

Thanks !
0PBF22048BC-Today_is_my_Birthday.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Blackguards -- MB-0B98358AC08B0CC5 - Taken by Se7enSword. 2 entrants total.
Aaru's Awakening -- MB-94EF21D2B9C8ED0A - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 1 entrants total.
A Story About My Uncle -- MB-A2C42BD2F945DEE0 - Taken by Costa1774. 11 entrants total.

t1452422313z1.png

Knurek

Remember that uncrackable Just Cause 3 3DM bitched on about, prophesizing end of cracks in 2 years?
Well, it seems that 3DM has just released a crack for Just Cause 3.

Vibranium

Banned
Help get me CVX on PC.

Wesker's voice actor in that game is just horrendous, he's not funny-bad like his RE1 one, competent like Richard Walsh in the REmake or insanely entertaining like he was with DC Douglas in RE5. His evil laughs are so drawn out lol. On the bright side, you do get to see why Chris took steroids by RE5 after the amount of times he gets his ass handed to him in cutscenes.

I do like the island, the bosses and the creepy backstories of the Ashfords though. Steve's voice on the other hand....urgh.

MUnited83

For you.
Remember that uncrackable Just Cause 3 3DM bitched on about, prophesizing end of cracks in 2 years?
Well, it seems that 3DM has just released a crack for Just Cause 3.

Not a actual crack, it's Denuvo emulation like they have been doing for a while now. The point is that it becomes increasingly harder every release, it's not crackable in the true sense of the word, and there will be a point where 3DM won't bother anymore. Hell, they are even the only single group that actually bothers to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom