• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

accel

Not a actual crack, it's Denuvo emulation like they have been doing for a while now. The point is that it becomes increasingly harder every release, it's not crackable in the true sense of the word, and there will be a point where 3DM won't bother anmore.

Yep, it looks like the eternal fight of weapon and armor in the particular case of cracks will be resolved in favor of the armor for the time being - mostly because of the time limit placed onto the development of the weapon (cracking something that is years old is a waste of time, the demand is low).

Tektonic

Not a actual crack, it's Denuvo emulation like they have been doing for a while now. The point is that it becomes increasingly harder every release, it's not crackable in the true sense of the word, and there will be a point where 3DM won't bother anymore. Hell, they are even the only single group that actually bothers to do anything.

Not sure about that. Crackers have pride, and being the first to release something is all the incentive they need to keep going. As long as there is a challenge, some group will be willing to take it on

Not sure about that. Crackers have pride, and being the first to release something is all the incentive they need to keep going. As long as there is a challenge, some group will be willing to take it on
I rather see the group give up and see the reactions of pissed off Chinese pirates, oh the length they went to justify piracy, you have no idea!

MUnited83

For you.

Sadly, this isn't really all that accurate. Every major scene group already gave up on it despite having the more experienced crackers, and if "being the first" as that good of a incentive, we would see other groups other than 3DM releasing Denuvo games, which isn't the case.

Tektonic

Sadly, this isn't really all that accurate. Every major scene group already gave up on it despite having the more experienced crackers, and if "being the first" as that good of a incentive, we would see other groups other than 3DM releasing Denuvo games, which isn't the case.

Piracy isn't what it used to be
I knew some scene losers about 15 years ago, and it was all about releasing it first

Remember that uncrackable Just Cause 3 3DM bitched on about, prophesizing end of cracks in 2 years?
Well, it seems that 3DM has just released a crack for Just Cause 3.

They didn't say that they won't be able to crack JC3, they only said that they've been struggling with it, and the protection is only getting harder with the newer game releases. Denuvo crack is not 'one and done' crack, but they have to do everything from scratch for each game. And they predict that it'll be only get harder from now on.

And I'll stress this once more, 3DM is the only group who are managed to bypass Denuvo. No other western group can do that. And their 'cracks' aren't really crack, as explained by BernardoOne above.

MUnited83

For you.
They didn't say that they won't be able to crack JC3, they only said that they've been struggling with it, and the protection is only getting harder with the newer game releases. Denuvo crack is not 'one and done' crack, but they have to do everything from scratch for each game. And they predict that it'll be only get harder from now on.

And I'll stress this once more, 3DM is the only group who are managed to bypass Denuvo. No other western group can do that. And their 'cracks' aren't really crack, as explained by BernardoOne above.

The western groups could do what 3DM does, as they have more than enough knowledge and experience to do so. However, they don't do so because they can't actually remove the DRM and do a actual crack, which is why they are against doing what 3DM does. The scene group operates under some strict guidelines, as crazy as that may sound. In a game's case. If you can't actually remove the DRM, there is no release.

accel

That's perhaps reaching. CPY cracked it as well. Using an emulator for some part of a crack also isn't all that bad. But I agree with the general gist - the protection currently seems to be winning.

The western groups could do what 3DM does, as they have more than enough knowledge and experience to do so. However, they don't do so because they can't actually remove the DRM and do a actual crack, which is why they are against doing what 3DM does. The scene group operates under some strict guidelines, as crazy as that may sound. In a game's case. If you can't actually remove the DRM, there is no release.

Yes, it's safe to say that Denuvo is not crackable. It only has been emulated, which is far from perfect.

That's perhaps reaching. CPY cracked it as well. Using an emulator for some part of a crack also isn't all that bad. But I agree with the general gist - the protection currently seems to be winning.

Right, I forgot about CPY. They're did it for Batman, right?
Another struggle with Denuvo is that they have to start from scratch for each game updates. That's the reason CPY is not releasing any more Batman crack after the performance updates. They just feel that it's not worth the hassle.

accel

Right, I forgot about CPY. They're did it for Batman, right?
Another struggle with Denuvo is that they have to start from scratch for each game updates. That's the reason CPY is not releasing any more Batman crack after the performance updates. They just feel that it's not worth the hassle.

And FIFA15 and other games.

I don't know about having to start from scratch for each game - I think that's probably true, but only to an extent, ie, they are likely talking about being confronted with a new command system for a VM every time (this can totally be done) or something like that - "from scratch" likely applies to a few (possibly new) blocks in a chain. All in all, as good as Denuvo currently is, it will still very likely be only a temporary roadblock - the guys got several ideas which, combined together, make it very hard to crack things in time, but that's probably just a question of the right tools not being developed just yet. MD5 was great until rainbow tables came, it's the same here.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think imma buy an xbone controller for my pc since my 360 one is kinda not working great after so much abuse

i want a second controller for like friends (actually i want two more but these things are expensive) and the regular 360 one is only a bit cheaper

Thanks !
0PBF22048BC-Today_is_my_Birthday.gif
i hate that picture stop posting that picture damn it

i think imma buy an xbone controller for my pc since my 360 one is kinda not working great after so much abuse

i want a second controller for like friends (actually i want two more but these things are expensive) and the regular 360 one is only a bit cheaper

i hate that picture stop posting that picture damn it

This should be SteamGAF's default

lEwACD5.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

qzNSxgo.jpg
A Dark Room IPad/IPhone -- MB-1C941E4A70C8F1E4 - Taken by Endruen

Pretty stoked about DD.

Dirt Rally is actually pretty good. Just wish I had better analog stick control in my thumbs.

I was happy when I finished 4th in my first rally in the Mini though I was about 4-6 seconds a sector behind the winner.

Happy Birthday Ningen!

Benedict

Any way of boosting the download speed for Steam?
I can come up to about 2 MB/s but only for moments and then it disconnects and schedules the download for later.
I have a 100/10 Mbit/s connection (at least that is what I pay for).

Last time I checked on speedtest it varied between 13-16 MB/s download on wifi (not 5G)
Had to reinstall Xcom yesterday and I'm still trying to finish the download of about 16 gb.

zkylon

zkylewd
honestly tho, my preorders are gonna be plenty as well:

xcom 2
disho 2
the witness
dark souls 3
ladykiller in a bind
sometimes always monsters
new obsidian kickstarter, probably (that counts, right?)

I'm gonna
watch a
lets play the shit out of it! *The PC way*

i feel like you messed up the spoilertagging there lol

zkylon

zkylewd
i so wish

probably not an xbone since i'm not a halo person but i'd very much like to own a ps4 and wii u if it didn't cost like two months salary lol

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
honestly tho, my preorders are gonna be many as well:

xcom 2
disho 2
the witness
dark souls 3
ladykiller in a bind
sometimes always monsters
new obsidian kickstarter, probably (that counts, right?)

i feel like you messed up the spoilertagging there lol

I always forget dishonored 2 is supposed to release this year.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any way of boosting the download speed for Steam?
I can come up to about 2 MB/s but only for moments and then it disconnects and schedules the download for later.
I have a 100/10 Mbit/s connection (at least that is what I pay for).

Last time I checked on speedtest it varied between 13-16 MB/s download on wifi (not 5G)
Had to reinstall Xcom yesterday and I'm still trying to finish the download of about 16 gb.

Pick a different server. I have a 100Mbit connection myself and was pre-loading Dragon's Dogma at 11.8MBps, which is about as high as a 100Mbit connection can go after taking into account transmission overheads (you'll never, ever get 12.5MBps).

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Dongs Macabre, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dongs Macabre, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Just Cause 3 -- MB-7A898685B08C9242 - Taken by Messiah. 160 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Just Cause 3 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1452464930z1.png

So does GMG send out keys for DD immediately?
The business with them apparently procuring and reselling grey-market keys has made me a bit more cautious about buying anything there.

Ludens

Banned
Oh, The Old City is awful.

-no 1366*768 support
-tiny, unreadable subtitles (at least for me)
-walking speed incredibly slow even on "turbo boost mode"
-there's no gameplay, just wandering around hearing stuff I don't understand
-tons of documents to read (I mean, there are like 4 just in the very first room of the game), and still even by reading them I can't figure out what's happening.
-a lot of backtracking. With no sense. I mean, you go into a door, you are teleported into an "oniric" sequence, you come back into the "reality", but there's no place to go. So you backtrack and now there's a ladder going up four rooms back from your current location and that's the place you need to go? :S

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Dongs Macabre, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dongs Macabre, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Just Cause 3 -- MB-7A898685B08C9242 - Taken by Messiah. 160 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Just Cause 3 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1452465290z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
No Deus Ex?
dunno about dxhr2, it's likely, but after hearing some awful things about thief 4 i might hold it out on it, but i just forgot to list it, is all

most of this depends on nuuvem prices, for aaa games at least (ladykiller in a bind is gonna be just preorder no matter the price). like, xcom 2 is like 20 bucks there so it's pretty low risk

What about the sequel he did?
NmpOuoB.png
lmao that's terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom