• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
When Konami will say something about MGO?
I mean, there are 21 days left in January, MGO is still "coming" this month, but they have no ETA? Is this possible?
I'm waiting for the delay.

AHA-Lambda

Thanks !
0PBF22048BC-Today_is_my_Birthday.gif

Happy birthday Ningen :)

Mivey

When Konami will say something about MGO?
I mean, there are 21 days left in January, MGO is still "coming" this month, but they have no ETA? Is this possible?
I'm waiting for the delay.
They probably cancelled it (since the American KojiPro office closed down) and are simply waiting for almost any one to give up on it to reduce the possible fallout.
Now, I don't know if this is the actual reason, but be honest here, do you really believe Konami couldn't actually be thinking and acting like that?

Finished Tits SC. That was a journey I will never forget. Being able to treasure experiences like these for the rest of our lives is what makes gaming so special.

Messiah

They probably cancelled it (since the American KojiPro office closed down) and are simply waiting for almost any one to give up on it to reduce the possible fallout.
Now, I don't know if this is the actual reason, but be honest here, do you really believe Konami couldn't actually be thinking and acting like that?

Now, I know Konami is terrible but if this was the case I doubt they would've confirmed a January release earlier this month and instead swept it under the rug.
With Konami you never know but I'd be surprised.

After seeing some of the console gameplay my desire to play MGO has completely disappeared though.

zkylon

zkylewd
Finished Tits SC. That was a journey I will never forget. Being able to treasure experiences like these for the rest of our lives is what makes gaming so special.

that good for you eh?

i hope it goes on sale soon-ish, feels like $15 is the pricepoint i'd be ready to go for it

Ludens

Banned

Nah, it's not the case, they also announced a DLC for MGO, so I doubt they will cancel PC version and still saying it's coming.

Buraindo

Looks like I'm finally warming up to Shadowrun Dragonfall.
I'm going to be honest, I don't think I'll play it more than this one time. I like most of what it offers, mainly writing and atmosphere, but the combat feels like it's intentionally trying to annoy me instead of being engaging. Most encounters last for ages because of the sheer numbers of participants and then there's the dreaded RNG; "93 - 99% Chance to hit" "Missed!"
FVrUUPS.gif

At least I'm enjoying the game now. Will probably start Ys I next.

Oh, The Old City is awful.

-no 1366*768 support
-tiny, unreadable subtitles (at least for me)
-walking speed incredibly slow even on "turbo boost mode"
-there's no gameplay, just wandering around hearing stuff I don't understand
-tons of documents to read (I mean, there are like 4 just in the very first room of the game), and still even by reading them I can't figure out what's happening.
-a lot of backtracking. With no sense. I mean, you go into a door, you are teleported into an "oniric" sequence, you come back into the "reality", but there's no place to go. So you backtrack and now there's a ladder going up four rooms back from your current location :S

The writing of that game ruined the experience as far as I'm concerned. It did look gorgeous though.

Tizoc

Oh wait you did actually buy something from the bake sale, zky, lol.

This is gonna be one interesting year for Japanese games on Steam. I have a good feeling about it.

Now if only the C64 and Amiga Turrican games can be re-released....

GMG has Resident Evil 0 for preorder now. I want to say it wasn't up before, but I'm not certain. 25 percent code works too.

It's been up there longer than Dragon's Dogma IIRC :p
I already got it for $14 from a trader anyways.

Also Happy b-day Ningen~

Xanathus

They haven't canceled it, there was a Twitter post by one of the remaining Konami Games people saying its still coming in January but won't have dedicated servers and probably won't have VAC. It's expected to be out after maintenance day near the end of January because some FOB events are ending then as well.

AHA-Lambda

Only just discovered that quests that are greyed out on your quest log in Witcher 3 grant no experience cos I'm now too high for them?

That's frankly a bit shit =/
So I've now got a bunch of quests that from a gameplay pov, have no benefit to me in completing. And given the size of the game I find it hard to believe that this would become quite common

Xanathus

Only just discovered that quests that are greyed out on your quest log in Witcher 3 grant no experience cos I'm now too high for them?

Your level is mostly determined by the main quests, just do sidequests for the story. The game practically autolevels you up.

Getting a bit more comfortable driving the Mini in Dirt Rally now, even greening sectors. Tried a WRC Mini on the same stage, didn't end well then tried a Group B S4 at Monaco, let's just say my career ended at the bottom of a crevasse!

AHA-Lambda

Your level is mostly determined by the main quests, just do sidequests for the story. The game practically autolevels you up.

Still seems a bit shitty that you won't get the full XP amount to me =/
Seems to diminish their worth

Is it possible to do sidequests, DLC and such after completing the main quest line?

Xanathus

Still seems a bit shit =/

Is it possible to do sidequests, DLC and such after completing the main quest line?
Yup, but there are a few sidequests that get locked out if you progress past a certain point in the story. Off the top of my head I think they are only the Novigrad quests related to a certain red headed sorceress (on mobile so its a pain to spoiler tag).

Ruruja

Getting a bit more comfortable driving the Mini in Dirt Rally now, even greening sectors.

I started doing that occasionally also, but one of the AI (S. Leitner - I guess based on Loeb) is just insanely faster than me always, so I tend to finish second in most stages. The gap between him and the next AI is huge.

Tektonic

brave frontier got a windows appstore release... now i can waste time while gaffing even more... my poor backlog

at least it's not clicker heroes

Tenrius

Is there something wrong with the GOG version of Rogue Squadron? Most GOG reviewers seem to be having issues.

But all those games are confirmed to be good, there is nothing wrong with that.

XCOM 2 is not even out yet. Not that I support the anti-pre-order hysteria, on the contrary, but it's still worth pointing out.

I started doing that occasionally also, but one of the AI (S. Leitner - I guess based on Loeb) is just insanely faster than me always, so I tend to finish second in most stages. The gap between him and the next AI is huge.

Yeah, there's a huge gap between 1st and 2nd in the AI for some reason. In fact, the whole field seems really spread out, I suppose it's more about giving you a sense of progression then copying reality. Haven't won a stage yet, but getting closer, about 6s behind is my best so far.

Finland is great so far, really captures the roads of the real event. Having finished WRC 4 recently, which is stupidly easy by the way, where all the roads are flat as, constantly getting air in a 1960's Mini in Dirt is a blast! Of course eventually I get over confident and end up upside down wrapped around a tree and have to reset the stage

zkylon

zkylewd

So I've now got a bunch of quests that from a gameplay pov, have no benefit to me in completing. And given the size of the game I find it hard to believe that this would become quite common

there's mods to remove that element from the game but tbh it doesn't matter all that much, it's pretty easy to cap it either way

that good for you eh?

i hope it goes on sale soon-ish, feels like $15 is the pricepoint i'd be ready to go for it

Indeed. Make sure you beat FC first though.

GMG has Resident Evil 0 for preorder now. I want to say it wasn't up before, but I'm not certain. 25 percent code works too.

I pre-ordered it there with the 25% code at the start of the week, it's definitely been up for a while.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
RotTR exclusivity was a lot shorter than I expected. Not a bother, since my CPU kept overheating on the first one so who knows if this would do any better for me.

I am really bummed out that the PC version of Lollipop Chainsaw won't actually materialise.
It at least needs to be added to Xbone BC.

tuxfool

Banned

If you're doing quests just for exp, you're playing Witcher 3 wrong. Do it for the story, or don't do it at all. You shouldn't really worry too much about exp in this game.

AHA-Lambda

If you're doing quests just for exp, you're playing Witcher 3 wrong. Do it for the story, or don't do it at all. You shouldn't really worry too much about exp in this game.

Oh I am! I just only discovered this though in my playthrough and thought it very odd, but I take all your word it won't really affect my leveling up

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
re: Stasis

very early spoiler question but its bothering me, when you
take the shot and have the dream about the girl, is she supposed to be a robot or is that the WORST voice acting Ive ever heard in a videogame? :p

zkylon

zkylewd
Indeed. Make sure you beat FC first though.
i did

I am really bummed out that the PC version of Lollipop Chainsaw won't actually materialise.
yeah

i wouldn't play it again and i'd say it's probably the most commercial suda51 game but it's a pity missing out on that experience

Play Dark Messiah of Might & Magic to have a great time :3

Especially that level
i'm aware

no thank you

Today is my gf birthday and I showed her that pic.

She hates me now
fuck you people -__-

Girl needs to watch some better shows. Also, I just love fake desktops in video games, it feels really great to just click around on them.
yo card captor sakura and magic knight rayearth are legit as fuck, i love those shows

not mentioning sailor moon cos like that's a given

also fuck yea fake desktopsssssssss

Oh I am! I just only discovered this though in my playthrough and thought it very odd, but I take all your word it won't really affect my leveling up
yeah forget about it

leveling doesn't even do all that much in that game thanks to that fucked up character system that makes absolutely no sense lol

re: Stasis

very early spoiler question but its bothering me, when you
take the shot and have the dream about the girl, is she supposed to be a robot or is that the WORST voice acting Ive ever heard in a videogame? :p

I'm going with option 2. I really liked the game but jeez some of the VO was terrible, painfully overacted.

Grief.exe

Still seems a bit shitty that you won't get the full XP amount to me =/
Seems to diminish their worth

I'm sure they were worried about players getting over leveled and making the game easier than it already is.

Yeah, Far Cry 3 is exceedingly generic and overrated -_-

Ubisoft AAA development.

Ruruja

I thought FC3 was good. As long as you don't get depressed doing the billions of collectibles and just stick to the main story and pick up collectibles you happen to see on your way, it was pretty enjoyable.

Tizoc

Honestly if you want a good open world game...well it's not really open world; the city is the hub but the side stuff you do are a lot better since they're actually fun and well designed.
Anyways, what you want is to play the Yakuza series.

Ran out of money to play Pool?
Run around until you find a punk who picks a fight with you. Beat his ass, get item or Yen, go back and play some more Pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom