• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
So Undertale isn't nearly as charming/amusing/funny as I was led to believe. I've only played an hour and a half of it so maybe it gets much better later on, but I can already tell the kind of humor it's going for and I don't know...

Maybe I'm too old for meme filled games.
Uh, there's barely any meme references on it, and the ones that are aren't particularly obnoxious. Its not a "meme filled" game by any stretch.

Anteater

finished undertale, it's surprisingly longer than I thought to get the true pacifist ending , I think the game drags in a few places, the game grow on me a bit after about half way through when you learn more about the characters and the story, it's enjoyable, found the beginning to be a bit boring though.

The characters, the music are pretty great.

Looks nicely atmospheric. Great shots! How did you turn off HUD?

Gedosato :D

Wok

In my way to seek the truth about Leviathan, I found this:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/297350/discussions/0/619574421201992989/

copy/past of the dev's post:

I admit I studied some of those things in the university, still....should I take another degree to understand what is going on there?

The dev promised a document about the full story on December (around 20th), than on 31st he posted he got a delay, now we are fully into January and still nothing.

I expect something of the size of The story of the Vivian girls, in What is known as the Realms of the Unreal, of the Glandeco-Angelinnian War Storm, Caused by the Child Slave Rebellion at this point.

EDIT: Another post in the same thread, by a user (dunno if he is serious or just trolling):

I am intrigued. I need to play this game now. I did not so far because I heard the game was underwhelming.

Tizoc

Uh, there's barely any meme references on it, and the ones that are aren't particularly obnoxious. Its not a "meme filled" game by any stretch.

I agree, the major characters you interact with are quirky in their own charming way.
I like Undertalefor the characters you meet, Sans, Papyrus, Undyne to name a few, they all have such great characterization and personality IMO.

Yakkue

I recently finished Aviary Attorney, an Ace Attorney-like game with a wonderful soundtrack by Camille Saint-Saëns and charming art by J. J. Grandville.
hVSlNV0.png

You can visit different locations within Paris to collect evidence for your cases, talk with various interesting characters, and cross-examine witnesses in court, while reading tons of puns.
The cases aren't overly difficult, but there are some nice twists and turns that keep things interesting.

The soundtrack is incredible if you enjoy classical music. I had a smile on my face when I came to this screen and the elephant started playing.
QLVJV4f.png

I can heartily recommend this game. It took me about 7 hours to finish the 3 different endings, and to play around a little with different choices in earlier cases.

Tizoc

I recently finished Aviary Attorney, an Ace Attorney-like game with a wonderful soundtrack by Camille Saint-Saëns and charming art by J. J. Grandville.
hVSlNV0.png

You can visit different locations within Paris to collect evidence for your cases, talk with various interesting characters, and cross-examine witnesses in court, while reading tons of puns.
The cases aren't overly difficult, but there are some nice twists and turns that keep things interesting.

The soundtrack is incredible if you enjoy classical music. I had a smile on my face when I came to this screen and the elephant started playing.
QLVJV4f.png

I can heartily recommend this game. It took me about 7 hours to finish the 3 different endings, and to play around a little with different choices in earlier cases.

Glad you enjoyed it mate :)
I'm finishing up 4C ending right now but plan on a replay later on, the dialog is just that good.
I do hope they can plan on a sequel or successor game.

hVSlNV0.png

QLVJV4f.png

Thanks for the review, seems really interesting, and the music sounds great.

Jawmuncher

hVSlNV0.png

QLVJV4f.png

Thanks for the write up, this is on my wish list and I hope to play it soon.

-----

Happy birthday Ningen!

Yakkue

Glad you enjoyed it mate :)
I'm finishing up 4C ending right now but plan on a replay later on, the dialog is just that good.
I do hope they can plan on a sequel or successor game.

I think 4C is the longest ending - I liked it the most, have fun!
I'm also hoping for a sequel.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Now that I've actually looked through my library, I surprisingly have more than enough to vote for the Steam GOTY. I forgot Gurumin and Assault Android Cactus were released this year. Also Broforce counts now that it's out of early access, for you guys who have forgotten about it.

hVSlNV0.png

QLVJV4f.png

Good read.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that wasn't my experience at all. you need to stay mobile in combat and dodge around the monsters. You're not supposed to tank
Many/most enemies shouldn't damage you at all

oh is that how youre supposed to play it? like a fake action game in a game where you can only move by tiles? >_>

guess its just not for me, game just isnt doing anything for me anymore (at floor 5, aparently im not even halfway done), just feel like im wasting my time when I could be playing something I would actually enjoy. Oh well, to the done with pile it goes

Happy birthday, Ningen! I bought you some brown hair dye!

Happy birthday Ningen!

Szd355K.png

Happy Birthday, Ningen

For Ningen, here's a redhead I don't think you ever played as
tessa-pocket-fighter-artwork-white.png

Tessa aka Tabatha/Tabasa from Warzard/Red Earth.

Happy birthday Ningen!

So we're posting hot redheads for Ningen today?

Here you go. Happy Birthday.

Happy birthday, Ningen! Have a hidden-object game redhead.

Sure the game's not very good, but there you go.

Happy Bday Ningen! Some W3 Redhead Waifu material...

Happy Birthday, Ningen~ o/

Thanks guys, very funny.

Anteater

MTFramework was a beast. RE6 looks good as well, but you can tell it took a slight step back for the lighting which I say wasn't worth it.

I think RE6 focused a lot on the models and animations, albeit people complained the animations being overdone where Leon trips over everything, the textures got crappier each game with MTframework because of the limited vram too

dragon's dogma ran like poop but they managed to squeeze in a lot of spell effects/awesome animations and pretty good enemy AIs in the game, I'd say overall most MTframework games ran well, not to mention dmc4 remain one of the few games to run at native 720p/60fps on console and it looked awesome

Anteater

you know, I still don't know what the term "set piece" mean, everyone seems to use it these days

scripted sequence? level design?

I see it in posts and reviews a lot "like this game has awesome epic set pieces, like it's so epic"

Ban Puncher

you know, I still don't know what the term "set piece" mean, everyone seems to use it these days

scripted sequence? level design?

I see it in posts and reviews a lot "like this game has awesome epic set pieces, like it's so epic"

They are scripted sequences in games that you purposely try to break because fuck the police.

I was wondering the following about the community market: if 10 cards are offered a 10 cent, and someone buys a card for 10 cent. Is the sale attributed at random or according to the first-come, first-served principle?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man, there's no Steam game that gives me the feel similar to XCX huh? That is, alien planet feeling so just out there. Well there's that one game in EA but it sucks.

Anteater

They are scripted sequences in games that you purposely try to break because fuck the police.

figures

guess it's just a fancy word

this section where you run forward with things crashing down in the background is super awesome

no one use the term level design anymore in reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom