• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

Digging Darkest Dungeon more than I thought

My highest level dude just died like a bitch
Speaking of permadeath, I was kinda surprised that in Banner Saga your characters can't die forever in combat (at least so far), although they can die in story events if you make a bad choice.

The human protagonist's daughter, who is even in the game's promo art, died during her second fight. Whew, thank god she only got injured as result because actually dying that early would have been aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawkwaaaaaaaaaaard

Then 2 hours later, my first party member death was my best burst damage character with a high level trinket equipped. FUCK!

Ban Puncher

Somebody nuke anime from planet Earth

cPAWDHk.gif

Tizoc

Right now that I'm back home and at my laptop to type on GAF like a normal human being, I want to inform you lot that this'll likely be the last big giveaway I'd do for the foreseeable future :X
Grief.exe mentioned that we should do a group giveaway of games we like etc. after each major steam sale, I could participate in that but it'd be with some small cheap games.

What happened to Groupees? They used to have tons of bundles but there has been barely anything going on for a while

Also thanks for bringing the anime back

Arthea

What happened to Groupees? They used to have tons of bundles but there has been barely anything going on for a while

Also thanks for bringing the anime back

yeah, I was just asking that but it's buried in anime gifs now
They used to have only one bundle at the time and only sometimes long time ago, I was thinking are they going back to that setup or rumours about them doing not so good are true.

XShagrath

Let's do a Secret Santa next year.
I think I'd be up for that. I don't participate in the "main" GAF Secret Santa, as it's just too big. I like to do them with smaller communities, where it's easier to get a feel for what people are into. Having wishlists also makes this super easy.

Arthea

I think I'd be up for that. I don't participate in the "main" GAF Secret Santa, as it's just too big. I like to do them with smaller communities, where it's easier to get a feel for what people are into. Having wishlists also makes this super easy.

digital makes it even easier!

"Target acquired."
tGtT.gif

I know that, deep inside, you love anime and you just say that to make us use more gifs so you can save them in your secret folder.

Everyone loves anime, some people just don't know it yet. It's our mission to make them see the truth

Tizoc

Ignore Man Puncher for a bit Grief and consider the following
1- Yakuza 0 currently shows that it may release in 2017, although back in PSX 2015 they stated that it's aiming for a 2016 release. Localization shouldn't take THAT long, even if they're gonna edit out some of the questionable stuff. Could this mean that SEGA is working on having it also on Steam?

2- Consider also Platinum's X1 game, Scalebound which was also delayed to 2017, on the one hand yeah it'd need some more development time, but to be delayed a full additional year? is it slated for mid 2017 release? Delay could be because Platinum has a lot on its plate atm, but what if part of it is to have it PC/W10 ready as well?

Skii

Was going to post my first comment on a steam community thread but realised I accidentally stumbled across animegaf. I'll be on my way.

Uzzy

LA Times - Why 'Oxenfree' may just be the first must-play game of 2016.

"Oxenfree" mixes its terror with plenty of playfulness, creating a game in which wonder and ambiguity rather than pure frights and boos are a priority. It's a little game that looks big — it's set on a decommissioned military island that may or may not have a mind of its own — and it's being developed by alumni of Disney Interactive and Telltale Games.

What's more, with its deft mix of lively characters and casual conversations, "Oxenfree," due for release for PCs and the Xbox One on Jan. 15, may be one of the first must-play games of 2016.

Good to see some more hype for Oxenfree building. I'm really impressed with what I've seen of their attempt to actually integrate dialogue with action.

Arthea

i5 3.2 Ghz 4670K
8 GB RAM
GTX 770 2 GB VRAM

I'm like bare recommended there. But it stutters like crazy.

yeah, you are so screwed
my condolences

I still can't believe how demanding new games are, do publishers believe we are made of money or something?

Grief.exe

"Target acquired."
I know that, deep inside, you love anime and you just say that to make us use more gifs so you can save them in your secret folder.

Its good to have SteamGaf back let the anime gifs roll

We already have an issue with signal to noise ratio, case in point this page.
Let's try and clean it up for the new year, after all this thread is designed to serve a common interest, PC gaming. Anime interests only a minority of posters in this thread, so you are not identifying with the demographic and potentially alienating people who don't share that interest. At the very least, I think you can identify with that issue.

There are plenty of outlets on the internet for posts such as yours, I would even be willing to make an anime-focused community thread if you wish. I would obviously need assistance from you guys of course.

I honestly wouldn't have as much of a problem with it if you posted your gifs along with furthering the prevailing discussion, but as far as I can tell they solely exist to clog up the thread. Unless there is some other justification I'm not aware of.

Ignore Man Puncher for a bit Grief and consider the following
1- Yakuza 0 currently shows that it may release in 2017, although back in PSX 2015 they stated that it's aiming for a 2016 release. Localization shouldn't take THAT long, even if they're gonna edit out some of the questionable stuff. Could this mean that SEGA is working on having it also on Steam?

2- Consider also Platinum's X1 game, Scalebound which was also delayed to 2017, on the one hand yeah it'd need some more development time, but to be delayed a full additional year? is it slated for mid 2017 release? Delay could be because Platinum has a lot on its plate atm, but what if part of it is to have it PC/W10 ready as well?

Sounds good to me.

Question: Is Harmonix new game Amplitude coming to PC or is it PS4 only?

PS4.

Knurek

Thats actually a really neat idea and I woud certainly participate.

No daily deals makes it so much easier.
In fact, lets do a Secret Santa during Summer Seal.

I'm thinking of two tiers, up to $5 and up to $10 from your selected giftee wishlist.
Anyone okay with that? I could organize it if need be.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
oh come on now people, we go to gaming to get some new faces in here so that it isn't just a few people spamming anime gifs a few times an hour.

And then you fuckers scare them away before they become regulars smh

MadGear

I'm honestly surprised how little I spent on this sale:
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
Broforce
This War of Mine
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Ryse

Out of these I only regret getting Ryse. Its a good looking game but whit that Cryteks expertise obviously seems to be exhausted because that game barely offers anything more. Its one of those games you already forgot about even before the credits finished rolling.
And I honestly can't believe I never played a WayForward game before ... Shantae is sooo good.

Tizoc

yeah, you are so screwed
my condolences

I still can't believe how demanding new games are, do publishers believe we are made of money or something?

Speaking of which, for anyone who has Ryse, here are my lappy's specs
GPU: GeForce GTX 770M
CPU: IntelCore i7-4700HQ
RAM: 16 GB
Windows 8.1

The game only uses 22% of my lappy's CPU is that one of its common issues or something?

Arthea

I'm thinking of two tiers, up to $5 and up to $10 from your selected giftee wishlist.

I'm in, if I still will have a job by then, that depends on people stopping snapping and posting NSFW pics without spoiler tags

Yup. They kickstarted a PS4 exclusive. Certainly one of the odder things I've heard of, but oh well.

wait what? That makes no sense

accel

What does the process look like - people scan Steam wishlists of others, then make surprise gifts?

accel

Speaking of which, for anyone who has Ryse, here are my lappy's specs
GPU: GeForce GTX 770M
CPU: IntelCore i7-4700HQ
RAM: 16 GB
Windows 8.1

The game only uses 22% of my lappy's CPU is that one of its common issues or something?

Looks like it only engages one of the cores - could be by design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom