• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Why quote someone who will disappear again on their scheduled yearly freak out?
Fuck-you-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-GIF.gif

Jazz573

Also funny that veggie would post a penguin gif just in the midst of an Eva waifu war. :p

Sorry, don't have any Eva penguin gifs

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
If you don't shoot he doesn't know where you are (maybe you already figured that out) Using silenced weapons achieves the same.

the only bad part of the game for me. hated that boss.

I had to lower the difficulty, which I rarely do. Just a really brutal fight. What didn't make matters easier, is that you have to be really precise for an explosive hit to register. You quickly lose grenades because it's easy to barely miss the sweet spot. I loved TOB, but this fight was a real show stopper. I knew about his reaction to sound, but then the soldiers come and he starts going crazy either way. Since you just have the silenced pistols, I didn't find this method easier.

Final boss in the Old Blood is so hard, how many grenades does this thing take, jeez

He moves about too much to use explosives on him effectively. Use the bombenschuss on his mouth and the get the heck out the way of his fists after each shot. Use the silenced pistol to deal with nazis. He goes down surprisingly easily. The big worry is getting shredded by a soldier who's snuck up next to you.

Welcome back Lash. If you need anything, just hit me up on steam or twitter. that's what friends are for.

I had to lower the difficulty, which I rarely do. Just a really brutal fight. What didn't make matters easier, is that you have to be really precise for an explosive hit to register. You quickly lose grenades because it's easy to barely miss the sweet spot. I loved TOB, but this fight was a real show stopper. I knew about his reaction to sound, but then the soldiers come and he starts going crazy either way. Since you just have the silenced pistols, I didn't find this method easier.
exactly, which is sad, because the final boss to New Order is waaay better.

Grief.exe

re5 aged well

9jox4.jpg

heck the game looked super good for its time on consoles (at least on the 360)

MT Framework is just one of the best engines of all time. I don't even know why Capcom attempted to invest in a next-gen engine for Deep Down.
They were already worried about expenditures and investing in a next-gen engine is extremely expensive.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
He moves about too much to use explosives on him effectively. Use the bombenschuss on his mouth and the get the heck out the way of his fists after each shot. Use the silenced pistol to deal with nazis. He goes down surprisingly easily. The big worry is getting shredded by a soldier who's snuck up next to you.

Yeah I noticed the rifle did the most damage out of everything I threw at him. I finished it already, but I bet that's overall the best method to do it. Didn't you get swamped by the added enemies though?

This is also the final day of my week long work break and it does wonders for my backlog. Beat 4 games in a week. I've also started '52 games in 1 year' so I hope to keep the momentum up.

Ludens

Banned
So what happens with the Rockstar licensing deal?

Do they put out a patch to remove the songs from the earlier versions?

I want just to point this out:

-if the game is just re-released with removed tracks and no bug fixing (because even excluding GFWL, the game needs TOO MANY stunts to be played on Win10), R* reveals to be just an hyprocryte SE.
-the game has securom
-the game has GFWL

I find just hilarious R* keeps selling their games without patching them at ALL to just run on modern OS (even Manhunt needs a crack or something like that to run on modern OS).
GFWL+Securom removal should be mandatory, with Win10 support. I don't mind achievements and steamwork integration, but I have GTAIV in my library from years, never managed to activate it on GFWL, Social Club doesn't work too, and plus the game has Securom and I burned an activation on my old machine.

Just look at this:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/12210/discussions/

and on R* forums is even worse.

Anteater

MT Framework is just one of the best engines of all time. I don't even know why Capcom attempted to invest in a next-gen engine for Deep Down.
They were already worried about expenditures and investing in a next-gen engine is extremely expensive.

it is pretty weird, seems like they want to stay relevant global wise, the new capcom and SE engine look really awesome, but they're not making nearly enough to sustain the R&D because they only use the engine for themselves

I still question why capcom isn't milking the dmc franchise, they also have a shitload of IPs and assets they can reuse for profit

Yeah I noticed the rifle did the most damage out of everything I threw at him. I finished it already, but I bet that's overall the best method to do it. Didn't you get swamped by the added enemies though?

I stayed on the top level on the far left, right next to the stairs. I'd be completely covered from most of the level and I could just pop out to provoke them into shooting at which point the big guy would smush them. Anyone who ran straight up to me would meet the silenced pistols. Just had to be careful with anyone coming up the stairs beside me as I didn't get much of a warning.

gabbo

So has anyone ever successfully launched Echelon Wind Warriors?
Picked it up during the sale, and it's not playing nice with me. Steam communities/forums have been no luck thus far.
Not a huge loss at 67 cents, just thought I'd ask GAF

Grief.exe

Rebirth about to pass the original Binding of Isaac in my top played games list.

Gs70ZJD.png

Remaking the entire first game in a new engine was a great move, as the original game is broken in many ways due to the decision to use Flash. Now, they can continue to update the game, updating the original engine would crash their computers because of Flash memory limitations, 60 FPS with no slowdowns, and arbitrary resolution support.

it is pretty weird, seems like they want to stay relevant global wise, the new capcom and SE engine look really awesome, but they're not making nearly enough to sustain the R&D because they only use the engine for themselves

I still question why capcom isn't milking the dmc franchise, they also have a shitload of IPs and assets they can reuse for profit

And SE seems to be ditching that engine going forward in favor of cheaper, third-party multiplatform engines.

Nirolak had a great explanation of Capcom's strategy and shortfalls over the last decade, it was a very interesting read. I have no idea what thread it was in however.

Checking the Vive vs. Oculus thread and see the same old "console" wars as in console wars threads.

People who preordered the OR talking shit about Vive, people thinking of buying the Vive talking shit about OR, even though both arent even out yet...

Checking the Vive vs. Oculus thread and see the same old "console" wars as in console wars threads.

People who preordered the OR talking shit about Vive, people thinking of buying the Vive talking shit about OR, even though both arent even out yet...

This already started back at GDC. People started to pick sides. Maybe if Valve weren't involved this wouldn't be as intense. Oculus doing exclusives didn't help this either. Then we have seated vs room scale, even though both can do both (just different messaging).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom