• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having real good fun after a couple days of no gaming in Alien again. After
the alien got thrown into space, androids became the main enemy now
and I don't mind it a bit. They can be creepy but a whole lot less nerve-wrecking than the alien and I appreciate that. As a side effect it makes for a different playstyle when trying to stealthily pass levels filled with androids
compared to hiding and listening to the alien.
With
the absent of fear
, I realize that I enjoy the adventure and exploration part of a huge space station much more than the
fear-filled exhilaration of the alien.
I need more stuff like this. Just walking and reading logs, listening to tapes, soaking in the atmosphere and learning about the history of the place, its people and the catastrophe that happened.

It truly helps having fun when the game looks just jaw-dropping 20hrs in still.
hJqAFLV.jpg
PhIVwMc.jpg
RTK8Jil.jpg

I know it sounds stupid but man, I stood still and watched fluorescent lights for a moment.

Having real good fun after a couple days of no gaming in Alien again. After t
he alien got thrown into space, androids became the main enemy now
and I don't mind it a bit. They can be creepy but a whole lot less nerve-wrecking than the alien and I appreciate that. As a side effect it makes for a different playstyle when trying to stealthily pass levels filled with androids compared to hiding and listening to the alien.
With the absent of fear, I realize that I enjoy the adventure and exploration part of a huge space station much more than the fear-filled exhilaration of the alien. I need more stuff like this. Just walking and reading logs, listening to tapes, soaking in the atmosphere and learning about the history of the place, its people and the catastrophe that happened.

I know it sounds stupid but man, I stood still and watched fluorescent lights for a moment.
Good read, one of the best thing about the androids is they are not fast, you could kite them a bit and rush to your destination.

Locust

AliExpress has Razer Goliathus mousepads, both speed and control versions, for $3.69 USD a piece with free shipping.

They're real, and it's a reputable website. They likely have very minor factory defects.

At the time of posting this, they has approximately 17,517 combined units left for sale (almost 9,000 per style).
Isn't that the price those are always sold at? I guess they could be ok and close to identical to the real thing but they're definitely counterfeit. Razer doesn't even make mats in those dimensions.

Senhua

Since we were talking about shmups I gave Suguri a try and holy shit, can't even get past second stage, and that's on easy difficulty. It's very different from every other shmup that I've played.

Yup, I played up to level 4 on easy while
I got 100 tries achievement

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Per the GAF privacy policy, red text can only be used when talking about DRAGONS and DRAGON-related media.

xHiryu

Man I dont think I've seen so many people hyped for a release, it beings a tear to my eye that so many people (at least on GAF) will be playing Dragon's Dogma. Are all releases like this or is it just dat GAF hype for Dogma?

If someone really wants Punch Club, you can get it here for 50% off. Be quick, it'll be dead in a few minutes: https://twitter.com/tinyBuild/status/686370710596407296

Idk how I still managed to get it, its been 4 hours since they posted the tweet. Shiet for $5, I fucks with a sim.

fallout

Per the GAF privacy policy, red text can only be used when talking about DRAGONS and DRAGON-related media.
I'd actually like to take this rare opportunity to say that I find Ozium's tag to be really distracting. I'm sure someone that matters will take this into serious consideration.

Yakkue

Crossposting from the Indie thread

Convoy

(...)

I recommend the game, because the way the combat works is interesting and can get very chaotic.

Thanks for the write-up, sounds interesting!

starting to think people deleting games are on to something. Im not deleting them (mostly because I dont care that people see them or whatever reasoning people use to delete games) but my 2016 thing is moving alot of shit to my "done with / finished / hidden away / whatever you want to call it" category.

Some shit I just move there just from looking at it and knowing "I will never play this in a million years", but most im at least downloading and giving it a try, kinda like I was doing a few months ago with trying games for like 10mins, but this time I do that and send them packing never to be heard from again if I dont like it.

Too many games on my (our?) lists, its not like new games dont keep coming out (in fact it seems more than ever do) and im not getting any younger (like, its not funny any more, its just a fact) so I need to stop wasting time with crap.

Like, im looking at my 2000 or so unplayed games on steam (give or take), what am I realistically going to play from that? 200? 300? and thats being very generous

Must take a lot of time to even look through all of your games to decide which one to play next. Do you have some kind of system to decide that?

Just finished Dreaming Sarah which I picked up during the sale. I really liked it since I wasn't in the mood to play anything fast paced. The atmosphere was pretty fantastic and I was quickly sucked in. And as a bonus it was pretty simple to get all of the achievements. Now just waiting for a last card drop and then I can be done with it for good.

I hadn't heard of that game before, but it looks like something I might enjoy. Thanks for writing about it :) How are the controls?

Having real good fun after a couple days of no gaming in Alien again. After
the alien got thrown into space, androids became the main enemy now
and I don't mind it a bit. They can be creepy but a whole lot less nerve-wrecking than the alien and I appreciate that. As a side effect it makes for a different playstyle when trying to stealthily pass levels filled with androids compared to hiding and listening to the alien.
With
the absent of fear
, I realize that I enjoy the adventure and exploration part of a huge space station much more than the fear-filled exhilaration of the alien. I need more stuff like this. Just walking and reading logs, listening to tapes, soaking in the atmosphere and learning about the history of the place, its people and the catastrophe that happened.

Isn't the point of an Alien game kind of gone, when the Alien is
gone? Btw, you spoilered the first mention of the androids being there instead of the alien, but not the second one :)
Those screenshots do look really nice though :)

Isn't the point of an Alien game kind of gone, when the Alien is
gone? Btw, you spoilered the first mention of the androids being there instead of the alien, but not the second one :)
Those screenshots do look really nice though :)
Spoiler:
They come back, in greater numbers.

Guys, please don't click this spoiler if you're interested in the game as it is a pretty big spoiler lol.
Was going to say the same thing. Don't be curious. Don't read the spoiler. Just play the game.
curiosity got the best of me :( and to think i lived this long without knowing anything of the plot.

Atraveller even put a Spoiler warning before the spoiler tag, so I don't know what you expected. Sorry you were spoiled because of a question I asked though.
It's obviously my fault. no need for you to be sorry :p
tbf, i only know half of the spoiler. didnt read the quoted post.

Yakkue

curiosity got the best of me :( and to think i lived this long without knowing anything of the plot.

Atraveller even put a Spoiler warning before the spoiler tag, so I don't know what you expected. Sorry you were spoiled because of a question I asked though.

pahamrick

Capcom isn't allowed to end pre-order bonus early because I still have hopes of getting Steam monies for my birthday this week to pre-order it.

Need that pre-order bonus book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom