• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

EZzxI3j.gif

Tizoc

And to think bowie was gonna make his anime debut this year.
Rip, ive known of him but hadnt listened to any of his music :x

oipic

Hits hard to think that one of the most talented, creative and innovative artists we've perhaps ever seen is no longer with us, and his body of work is now final.

What an amazing body of work he has left us to celebrate, though.

jdw_b

Genuinely shocked by the Bowie news.

Watched The Martian last night which has Starman on the soundtrack. He's left an amazing amount of music with us

You can still use VR, you'll just be somewhat limited on what you can run well enough, but there's plenty of simpler or older games where you can use it just fine.
Fair enough, so long as I can run most stuff out there currently I should be fine. Mostly just want to play Half Life 2, Portal, Alien Isolation, etc in VR in a few months.
Have the same specs. I guess its better to save up for a g-sync monitor instead of VR.

I want VR so much more though... also I'll be upgrading to Pascal anyway.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Sad news. I guess now more than ever, I should do a replay of Alan Wake. =[

Strangely, I felt the same way. Was thinking of replaying Alan Wake with this news.

Wait, Bowie is in Alan Wake?

space oddity plays during the credits of alan wake

To build on this, there's a character in Alan Wake named Tom
who is in a Diver's Suit, and floats around, thus looking a bit like a Space Man
. There's some other light David Bowie stuff in the game, but the biggest most notable one is the above, where the song Space Oddity plays during Alan Wake's credits, and comes in relation to that character, who plays a major role in the game.

Kaleinc

Banned
I only heard about Bowie from user tags on gaf.
Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie blabla or something

Smash88

Banned
Guys I need help finding a game. It's on Steam, it has a screenshot where there is a scantily clad woman archer who shoots arrows. I think the armor is black, and it's a third person game, kind of old, might be using the unreal engine, and it's somewhat cheap at this point. I can't find it to save my life. It's not an MMO, it's a single player game AFAIK. The game was kind of mediocre.

Anyone have any clues what game I'm talking about?

EDIT: My journey is over, the game is found.

NicoNizza

Neo Member
It's sad news for everyone. I know that opinions about music differ in all kinds of colors and expressions, but the thing is that the sadness involving Bowie's death isn't because he did only great songs like Ziggy Stardust or Space Oddity. That sadness comes from the fact that Bowie, independently of any personal opinion regarding his music, established an entire base for pop and pop rock. And not only that, but he also had a huge influence regarding both sexual and estetic expression's freedom.

The guy was a legend, and should be remembered like one.

Smash88

Banned
It's sad news for everyone. I know that opinions about music differ in all kinds of colors and expressions, but the thing is that the sadness involving Bowie's death isn't because he did only great songs like Ziggy Stardust or Space Oddity. That sadness comes from the fact that Bowie, independently of any personal opinion regarding his music, established an entire base for pop and pop rock. And not only that, but he also had a huge influence regarding both sexual and estetic expression's freedom.

The guy was a legend, and should be remembered like one.

WAIT WHAT DAVID BOWIE DIED? WHAT THE FUCK!

What a way to find out....fuck me.

zkylon

zkylewd
THANK YOU YOU GODLY PERSON. I've been searching for the last 2 hours and googling weird stuff and getting weird results. Finally it's over.

Scantily clad black armor female archer gets the most generic crap, and image results the longer I scrolled the weirder it got.
np, glad i could help

i only remembered cos i was actually looking forward to this game back in the day since it was inxile and everything

UwPWj90.jpg

only thing I ever got 10 years ago and it'll be there forever

im crying like a baby
yeah man, you're not the only one

i'm kind of devastated, this sucks

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I just woke up...

David Bowie died? What the fuck?! :(

jdw_b

Did anyone have any luck with the Dirt Rally codes from last week?

I get sent to the AMD support page, and seeing as a I bought the code from Cheesecake here, I don't have any legit proof of purchase

Am I jibbed??

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

I get sent to the AMD support page, and seeing as a I bought the code from Cheesecake here, I don't have any legit proof of purchase

Am I jibbed??

I haven't kept up with it, so I'm not sure if anyone was able to redeem their codes after the fiasco. There was some talk about an email going around from Newegg which explained there was a price mistake, though I can't remember if it was for the Tomb Raider codes, Dirt Rally codes, or both. Some got emails saying their codes would be cancelled, others were told their keys were fine. I never got an email saying either, so I'm in the dark on if the codes will work too.

Soulflarz

Banned

Am I jibbed??

And this is why I told the guy I sold a key to in the same PM as my paypal that the codes can't activate immediately and with any issues that he could message me for his money back :x
Hell, haven't even cashed out the paypal credit, not unless I hear he got a code.
Am bitter about buying a RotTR key for $20 that could potentially be deactivated down the road, seeing as I get ridiculous discounts on steam anyways, that wasn't exactly worth it, and is obnoxious as hell to sell without disclaimer.

ON THAT NOTE, I don't think the support page requires purchase proof for a card, just the code, soo:
If you get rejected, have cheese fill the page out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom