• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endruen

Sorry, I am not creative enough to create a satisfying Trivia :(

---

Good Luck, everyone.

Let me get this straight, what happened is that you sent the "fuck trivia giveaways" to ModBot as an answer and you got the code even thought it was in a normal raffle? If so, it looks like a big ModBot problem.
Let's see if we are luckier now :)

Messiah

Reposted for new page.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Messiah:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dongs Macabre, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Just Cause 3 -- MB-B6459714EB23E5A2 - Taken by sakyot. 118 entrants total.

t1452560856z1.png

Good Luck, everyone.

--

Let me get this straight, what happened is that you sent the "fuck trivia giveaways" to ModBot as an answer and you got the code even thought it as in a normal raffle? If so, it looks like a big ModBot problem.
Let's see if we are luckier now :)

Yup, that's exactly it.

BHK3

Banned
too late chump (real talk: if you were able to do that, no one would subscribe, they'd just buy the months they wanted after the games were announced. womp womp.)

You'll get Alien Isolation and next month's bundle if you subscribe now.
Still dunno why they don't let you get the current box but at a higher price.

Lame, I need more people in my Talos cult and my friend said he would buy it and apparently forgot to.

Parsnip

So I've been playing a bunch of FF13-2.
I like it, mostly.
I like Serah and I don't hate Noel and these two things alone make it a better game than FF13 was, where I pretty much hate all the characters (except Sazh). Also Mog is pretty awesome, probably the best.
The first time you pick up and throw him I thought to myself that okay, this game is alright.

The anomaly puzzles (especially the clock ones), CINEMATIC ACTION and Academia 400AF suck though. Also Wild Artifacts suck.

Messiah

I'm not too impressed with the earlier ones, especially monsoon's. Jetstream Sam and the final boss are good though.

I thought Monsoon was really fun to fight and Blade Wolf a clever way to force you to understand the parry system. Mistral I mostly like because of her battle theme though, I'll give you that.

KingKong

Im not a big fan of 'gimmicky' multi stage fights, though Monsoon and Armstrong are pretty damn good

I think my top 3 is Sam, Orstein and Smough and Alma from Ninja Gaiden

Jawmuncher

I thought Monsoon was really fun to fight and Blade Wolf a clever way to force you to understand the parry system. Mistral I mostly like because of her battle theme though, I'll give you that.

Monsoon to me dragged on.
Oh man time to cut the stuff he's throwing at me again!

The maps in Alien look nice and add to the atmosphere but man, they can get disorienting at times. And worse, cycling though floors I noticed the layers not being on top of each other :/
Reposted for new page.

Good Luck, everyone.
Thanks messi but you didn't have to. You won it fair and square. Enjoy it! Thanks either way.

Why are some titles showing in top sellers twice? At least The Division and Xcom 2 are both doing this for me. I know they have special editions or whatever, but both instances on the top sellers chart have the price $59.99 price.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Playing Undertale has me interesting in shmups/bullet hell games. I'm kind of terrible even at dodging in Undertale, though, but I know Steam has several such games to choose from. Any suggestions which would be great for a newbie? One with a baby difficulty mode maybe.

You can get Mushihimesama HD and play on Novice to get things going.

Just finished Dreaming Sarah which I picked up during the sale. I really liked it since I wasn't in the mood to play anything fast paced. The atmosphere was pretty fantastic and I was quickly sucked in. And as a bonus it was pretty simple to get all of the achievements. Now just waiting for a last card drop and then I can be done with it for good.

Why are some titles showing in top sellers twice? At least The Division and Xcom 2 are both doing this for me. I know they have special editions or whatever, but both instances on the top sellers chart have the price $59.99 price.

A better question is why that early access unfinished game Fallout 4 still charting top sellers?

Teggy

It's weird how the enemy behavior can vary completely in XCOM. The first time I went into the base (when it crashed) I had to poke my way up to a doorway and found a couple of Chrysalids, then I moved forward a bit and found a few more enemies.

The second time I played it I took one move by one guy from the starting spot and found 2 enemies, and then after moving up just slightly from there out popped 2 Chrysalids, 2 Mutons and like 6 floaters. So it was just one big giant fight and then basically nothing all the way to the end of the map.

Well anyway my crack team made it through and now all is calm in the world. I rock.

Dsyndrome

I want to be everything in Dragon's Dogma.

I just want to get farther than five hours into the game. I got my pawn, got to the first town after the opening one, then never played again.

Also, yay to the old song being modded back in. Will change out the two periodically to keep it fresh.
It's weird how the enemy behavior can vary completely in XCOM. The first time I went into the base (when it crashed) I had to poke my way up to a doorway and found a couple of Chrysalids, then I moved forward a bit and found a few more enemies.

The second time I played it I took one move by one guy from the starting spot and found 2 enemies, and then after moving up just slightly from there out popped 2 Chrysalids, 2 Mutons and like 6 floaters. So it was just one big giant fight and then basically nothing all the way to the end of the map.

Well anyway my crack team made it through and now all is calm in the world. I rock.
Anyone on your team die aside from the first three? I either reset entirely FE style or savescum to prevent such an outcome.

Teggy

Anyone on your team die aside from the first three? I either reset entirely FE style or savescum to prevent such an outcome.

No one died either time, not sure what you mean. The first time I got about 3/4s into the map and the game crashed. Second time I did the whole thing, but it was a weirdly different experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom