• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
bKXQAQt.png

i normally don't pre-order but this was too good not to
and i already know how good DDDA is so

Snakebird can be red because it is literally the devil. And I have made a vow that I will never ever cheat no matter how stuck I currently am.

keep pushing. it WILL click for you eventually and you'll breeze through it.

Yakkue

I finished Read Only Memories yesterday. It's a cyberpunk Point & Click Adventure that was influenced by games like Snatcher.
nxFud29.png

The game hast multiple different endings, depending on your choices and how you treat the people you meet. However, since the game is very wordy and there is no option to skip over dialogue you've already seen, achieving different endings feels like a chore that isn't worth it, since a huge part of the main game just stays the same, regardless of your choices.
That you cannot skip dialogue you have already seen can also be an annoyance during the first playthrough. There are dialogue-filled parts of the game that you can fail, and then you have to go through them again and again until you make it.

But apart from that I enjoyed my time with it. In a lot of Point and Clicks nowadays, when you interact with an object that doesn't further the story, the game only rewards you with an "I can't use that." or something similar. In ROM, you can touch, loot at, speak with or use an item on anyone and almost anything, always getting some kind of response.
Uo5cLso.png

I like the look of the game and it has some really charming animations.
a2k7QOW.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just a note - if you haven't already voted in the SteamGAF GOTY awards, now's the time.

A bit over 10 days left to vote.
t1453420800z4.png

NicoNizza

Neo Member
Well, pretty much everything I heard is the same. Fallout 4 follows the exact line of Fallout 3, in which case if I liked one I can like the other. Different from New Vegas, which (in my opinion) is highly superior to Fallout 3. If I wanted to play a great RPG, I should be playing Morrowind instead of Skyrim, but I think the setting is something that really counts in Bethesda games. Wasted Nevada is great, but Wasted Massachussets is also great. At least that is as far as I explored.

Still I'm too poor to afford $60 for F4.

I finished Read Only Memories yesterday. It's a cyberpunk Point & Click Adventure that was influenced by games like Snatcher.
nxFud29.png

The game hast multiple different endings, depending on your choices and how you treat the people you meet. However, since the game is very wordy and there is no option to skip over dialogue you've already seen, achieving different endings feels like a chore that isn't worth it, since a huge part of the main game just stays the same, regardless of your choices.
That you cannot skip dialogue you have already seen can also be an annoyance during the first playthrough. There are dialogue-filled parts of the game that you can fail, and then you have to go through them again and again until you make it.

But apart from that I enjoyed my time with it. In a lot of Point and Clicks nowadays, when you interact with an object that doesn't further the story, the game only rewards you with an "I can't use that." or something similar. In ROM, you can touch, loot at, speak with or use an item on anyone and almost anything, always getting some kind of response.
Uo5cLso.png

I like the look of the game and it has some really charming animations.
a2k7QOW.gif

Thanks a lot for the review, my main problem with the game was also being unable to skip the dialogue.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Well, pretty much everything I heard is the same. Fallout 4 follows the exact line of Fallout 3, in which case if I liked one I can like the other. Different from New Vegas, which (in my opinion) is highly superior to Fallout 3. If I wanted to play a great RPG, I should be playing Morrowind instead of Skyrim, but I think the setting is something that really counts in Bethesda games. Wasted Nevada is great, but Wasted Massachussets is also great. At least that is as far as I explored.

Still I'm too poor to afford $60 for F4.
Well, if you can stomach a fantasy setting, you can maybe try Pillars of Eternity, which is by the same team that made New Vegas. It frequently goes on sale for around 50% off; the normal edition was about $18 a few weeks ago.

I use an iPhone, I don't even have an android phone to buy that $99 GearVR thingy so I can't even experience that.
Just bought a GearVR today (who needs food anyway?). Pretty easy decision between $159 AUD and $1100 AUD for an Oculus.
Besides, I'll try and weasel my new university into buying one or two. For research purposes of course. >.>

mrgone

There's hope -

edit: shit, it's a blocked site - a story from today stating that it's a hoax.
edit 2: There's also an update on the site now stating that the story's possibly false. Great.

It's on both his official Twitter and Facebook accounts though. Pretty fucked up either way.

That Bowie post seems to be a hoax?
I don't know what to trust anymore..

But I want it noooooowwwww....

Fortunately for me, I still have these many video games that I can play as I wait for the 15th.

Who am I kidding, I want it noooooowwwwww....

mrgone

I'm more inclined to believe the official sites and the Hollywood Reporter. Sorry about the false hope folks :(

This really sucks.

zkylon

zkylewd
gonna just listen to diamond dogs for a bit

damn this is sad

I'm more inclined to believe the official sites and the Hollywood Reporter. Sorry about the false hope folks :(

This really sucks.
yeah i wouldn't have posted it if it didn't feel really legit

this really sucks indeed

200.gif

:(

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The 39 Steps -- MB-5813262B28B920E8 - Taken by sakyot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom