• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

Jaw, don't worry, this post must be the work of an enemy stand.

tumblr_static_3nma2q7hkzk00ko4840oksgko.jpg

jdw_b

I haven't kept up with it, so I'm not sure if anyone was able to redeem their codes after the fiasco. There was some talk about an email going around from Newegg which explained there was a price mistake, though I can't remember if it was for the Tomb Raider codes, Dirt Rally codes, or both. Some got emails saying their codes would be cancelled, others were told their keys were fine. I never got an email saying either, so I'm in the dark on if the codes will work too.

And this is why I told the guy I sold a key to in the same PM as my paypal that the codes can't activate immediately and with any issues that he could message me for his money back :x
Hell, haven't even cashed out the paypal credit, not unless I hear he got a code.
Am bitter about buying a RotTR key for $20 that could potentially be deactivated down the road, seeing as I get ridiculous discounts on steam anyways, that wasn't exactly worth it, and is obnoxious as hell to sell without disclaimer.

ON THAT NOTE, I don't think the support page requires purchase proof for a card, just the code, soo:
If you get rejected, have cheese fill the page out.

Cheers for the response guys

Cheesecake i'll PM you

MaxiLive

And this is why I told the guy I sold a key to in the same PM as my paypal that the codes can't activate immediately and with any issues that he could message me for his money back :x
Hell, haven't even cashed out the paypal credit, not unless I hear he got a code.
Am bitter about buying a RotTR key for $20 that could potentially be deactivated down the road, seeing as I get ridiculous discounts on steam anyways, that wasn't exactly worth it, and is obnoxious as hell to sell without disclaimer.

ON THAT NOTE, I don't think the support page requires purchase proof for a card, just the code, soo:
If you get rejected, have cheese fill the page out.

Yeah bit so-so that the codes don't exist but within 24 hours mine worked (actually the code said it was already activated) but I was sent a replacement one that gave me the Steam key and I'm all activated :D

The Newegg email covered the Dirt Rally codes so they should be fine.

Arthea

after the sale the top rated 2015 steam game list changed, I noticed accidentally, for those interested:

1 Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
2 Crypt of the NecroDancer
3 Eternal Senia
4 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone
5 Secrets of Grindea
6 Infinifactory
7 Undertale
8 Kerbal Space Program
9 Broforce
10 Nuclear Throne

back in December it looked like this

1. Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes 99%
2. Undertale 98%
3. Eternal Senia 98%
4. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone 98%
5. TIS-100 98%
6. Infinifactory 98%
7. Assault Android Cactus 98%
8. Kerbal Space Program 97%
9. Broforce 97%
10. Nuclear Throne 97%

that discount really worked for NecroDancer. IDK why I haven't picked it, I should have

I didn't notice Secrets of Grindea being discounted, though

ArjanN

hell no
Dragons are magical, intelligent, immortal, powerful and evil, while dinosaurs are only overgrown dogs, still kinda cool, tho.

edited: dunno why I wrote dogs, it has to mean something, deep, as I planned to write lizards

No no, they're overgrown birds. The fact they were actually real still puts them over Dragons though.

Mr. Doop

It's sad news for everyone. I know that opinions about music differ in all kinds of colors and expressions, but the thing is that the sadness involving Bowie's death isn't because he did only great songs like Ziggy Stardust or Space Oddity. That sadness comes from the fact that Bowie, independently of any personal opinion regarding his music, established an entire base for pop and pop rock. And not only that, but he also had a huge influence regarding both sexual and estetic expression's freedom.

The guy was a legend, and should be remembered like one.

Damn right. At least he released one more god tier album before he died.

nbraun80

Yikes that seems kinda backwards to me, Dragon's been in EA for over a year now and they just now decide to start a kickstarter?

Tizoc

I see Man Puncher beat me to the David Bowie in JoJo's B. A. :p
All I can add is that Part 1 and 3 Dio appear to be based on David Bowie somewhat.

nbraun80

They are blazing new trails like Dragon's breath fam...
Flame-on then, I expect you to be the lead dragon at the 10k donor mark.

my goodness their kickstarter reads pretty bad though, love this description:
"The game as been described as Grand Theft Auto meets Skyrim. A "dragon simulator" with role playing and city-building elements."

Messiah

"The game as been described as Grand Theft Auto meets Skyrim. A "dragon simulator" with role playing and city-building elements."

Sounds like it is in line with the game then, huh?

Mr. Doop

Flame-on then, I expect you to be the lead dragon at the 10k donor mark.

It's like Skyrim with dragons?

Arthea

I just have seen TWEWY nominated for the best soundtrack, I don't think I'll ever recover from this, it also reminded me that I was sure SE will release TWEWY iOS port on steam, but it never happened. I wonder why.
I still hope that they'll release FF1-2 at least.

Tizoc

I just have seen TWEWY nominated for the best soundtrack, I don't think I'll ever recover from this, it also reminded me that I was sure SE will release TWEWY iOS port on steam, but it never happened. I wonder why.
I still hope that they'll release FF1-2 at least.

These things take time Arthea.
Like Trails SC.

Dr Dogg

You know you've played too much TIS-100 when all you can think about is how you can parallelize your layout... in InDesign. Help!

MadGear

that discount really worked for NecroDancer. IDK why I haven't picked it, I should have

Well deserved. I bought that game just before the sale ended and out of the games I got during the sale this one is already the one I played the most. Its just super addicting, even when playing as the Bard (a podcast-friendly mode). I even briefly considered buying a dance pad just for this game and I'm still curious how well this plays but I'm sure that I would never use that pad for any other game again.

Jawmuncher

TWEWY would need it's controls reconfigured. Even on DS the stylus was a big focus. I suppose you could move around with WASD and use the mouse for the rest.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Messiah, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
None of the keys you submitted were able to be processed
By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Just Cause 3 failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1452559896z1.png

Messiah

ModBot is drunk

I screwed up so there should be like two of these and then the real one.

Sorry for that.

It could be that Messiah forgot to nuke they key, or modbot is just having some fun (revenge for not letting them vote for GOTY)

Yeah, first I forgot to nuke and then I tried to nuke but it failed apparently and after that I remembered that if I nuked it probably would end in the trivia kerfluffle again anyway so I just put an "&" behind the key to avoid that.

If GAF dies today it was probably my fault.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Messiah, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
Error: The key you tried to add for Just Cause 3 failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1452560256z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot said:

t1452560676z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Messiah, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Just Cause 3 -- MB-B6459714EB23E5A2 - Taken by sakyot. 118 entrants total.

t1452560856z1.png

Copons

I screwed up so there should be like two of these and then the real one.

Sorry for that.

Yeah, first I forgot to nuke and then I tried to nuke but it failed apparently and after that I remembered that if I nuked it probably would end in the trivia kerfluffle again anyway so I just put an "&" behind the key to avoid that.

If GAF dies today it was probably my fault.
Messiah
GAF's saviour? More like slayer
(Today, 05:54 PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom