• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Just to play devil's advocate here, creating substantive-only reaction gifs still doesn't change the fact that happy birthday posts or michaeljordanlaughing.gif has never once garnered this reaction:

You weren't here for the times people complained about all the birthday posts?

I posted a birthday giveaway and explicitly told people to send a PM congratulating me if they wanted to instead of cluttering the thread, it still ended up with 2 pages of happy birthday.

XShagrath

Because we are a community we don't like to participate in a thread where no one reads our posts (E3 threads), we like to be a part of the community here and post sometimes about off-topic community stuff that's just stuff to that happens.
What this says is that you feel you're too "good" to post in the main thread because you want to hang out with your friends, which feels extremely insular to me. Maybe I'm reading into it wrong.

I'll shut up now and go back to mostly lurking, I guess. It seems that what I want is a lot different than what the "community" wants and maybe I should find a more appropriate outlet to get my Steam/PC gaming information from.

That 50 movies challenge sounds pretty awesome. There are a ton of movies I want to see, maybe this will be a good push.

ha ha ha...I have no time.

oh come on now people, we go to gaming to get some new faces in here so that it isn't just a few people spamming anime gifs a few times an hour.

And then you fuckers scare them away before they become regulars smh

We just want to show all our flaws right away. Need to start these relationships off on truth.

There are plenty of outlets on the internet for posts such as yours, I would even be willing to make an anime-focused community thread if you wish. I would obviously need assistance from you guys of course.

Holy Shit. Please do this. Just because I want to see you make an anime thread.

Ban Puncher

Judging by the number of entries and non-familiar usernames of winners, people sure aren't offended by anime when there are game giveaways happening.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
What this says is that you feel you're too "good" to post in the main thread because you want to hang out with your friends, which feels extremely insular to me. Maybe I'm reading into it wrong.

I'll shut up now and go back to mostly lurking, I guess. It seems that what I want is a lot different than what the "community" wants and maybe I should find a more appropriate outlet to get my Steam/PC gaming information from.

There is a steam news thread in gaming if that's all you want, though there is a shortage of people curating it.

You weren't here for the times people complained about all the birthday posts?

I posted a birthday giveaway and explicitly told people to send a PM congratulating me if they wanted to instead of cluttering the thread, it still ended up with 2 pages of happy birthday.

Oh no, I was definitely here for that. And I remember the shitstorm that was this:

You don't remember the dark Playfire Rewards days?

But my point was that a fairly common reaction to anime gifs being "I don't feel comfortable browsing this around other people" has never once been levied at those moments.

When are we doing the GOTY voting? Need to see which games I actually finished.

LORD, why would anyone do that?!

I'd probably use SAM if an achievement I should have earned just... didn't unlock. If I cared about that game enough. Am I like, one away from 100%?

/dead

Someone could always make a 'Steam News Only' thread on Gaming.

Because that worked last time.

Hey, it got necro-bumped the other day.

Sch1sm

This is the thread Sprited is referring to, if you can't find it very well since it's already buried.

Grief.exe

That's understandable. My hope is we can come to a point where there is a middle ground.

Off topic posts are fine to a degree, but further a long the discussion as well. The current situation is clogging up the thread. Hopefully we can alter the situation to a point where everyone feels comfortable, rather than a select few.

But my point was that a fairly common reaction to anime gifs being "I don't feel comfortable browsing this around other people" has never once been levied at those moments.

That's actually a fair point.

So... what happened to Metal Gear Online on PC? Is it dead or what?

Most likely, people cheat a lot.

No news so far, so probably dead in the gutter.

Their Twitter account brings up the release every so often. If they weren't working on it, then I doubt they would be mentioning it at all.

Has anyone here played KOTOR recently?
I'm about to replay it after almost a decade and found this graphical mod. Is this legit?
Anyway, I've already applied the widescreen fix.

I doubt that mod will ever come out. I did play around KOTOR recently but it was on the OG Xbox. I have the pc version in my steam library but haven't messed with it.

nbraun80

Just to play devil's advocate here, creating substantive-only reaction gifs still doesn't change the fact that happy birthday posts or michaeljordanlaughing.gif has never once garnered this reaction:

...which, if I'm reading Grief's tone correctly, is the exact thing he's seeking to avoid by asking the anime gifs to whoa up.

Yeah I mean I don't particularly mind happy birthdays and some off topic topic or even anime talk, the problem for me arises when people have to post the biggest breasted girl in the game here or just nsfw pics in general. But I am just a new guy so ill just srop talking about it and fade away if need be.

So... what happened to Metal Gear Online on PC? Is it dead or what?

8sn40Kp.jpg

Its kinda like that.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Rumor: Sega “Heavily” Considering Yakuza Series, Hatsune Miku, More for PC Release

Sonic, Sega & video game news fansite TSSZNews has run a report in which they claim a source has told them Sega is “heavily” considering the Yakuza series for a PC release.

Should the Yakuza series be ported to PC, the source has said that Sega will release them in chronological order, beginning with Yakuza 0.

The source goes on to say other titles like Vanquish, Resonance of Fate, the Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA franchise, Virtua Fighter 5, and Sonic Colors, are also heavily being considered.

According to the source, these PC releases are a major part of Sega’s 2016 business strategy, with lots of Sega’s backlog of releases being considered for PC releases in the beginning of this year.

My take: This definitely makes sense considering the massive success of their Valkyria Chronicles release on Steam, which probably gave the publisher enough confidence to greenlight other IPs owned by Sega, for a PC release. It’s also worth mentioning that Sega themselves said they were working on a “string of high quality PC ports” in October of last year – so make of that what you will.

For now, we’re classifying this as a rumor – however we’ll keep you guys posted.

the problem for me arises when people have to post the biggest breasted girl in the game here or just nsfw pics in general. But I am just a new guy so ill just srop talking about it and fade away if need be.

I checked the last 10 pages and didn't see that kind of content though? But to be fair, this thread will never be entirely SFW

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Yeah I mean I don't particularly mind happy birthdays and some off topic topic or even anime talk, the problem for me arises when people have to post the biggest breasted girl in the game here or just nsfw pics in general. But I am just a new guy so ill just srop talking about it and fade away if need be.

No that is a understandable way to look at it.
There's not really that much of it but I guess it's enough for people to leave.

Also I goddamn agree with tagging some of the stuff here NSFW, please.

Tizoc

Source is tssznews.com
never heard of them

pretty sure this was discussed already when the original report appeared
That article should b take. With grain of salt
It eas discussed in the sega pc ports thread and many agree that we should t take it seriously

Anteater

Another day without a new Sega announcement.

Done with work, now I just have to wait for my clients to pay me so I can buy more games.

Now time for me to go play some games sit around and do jackshit

bloke

The source goes on to say other titles like Vanquish, Resonance of Fate, the Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA franchise, Virtua Fighter 5, and Sonic Colors, are also heavily being considered.

Sounds like someone's wishful thinking.

Chillz0r

Banned
I, for one, would buy every single of those proposed SEGA ports :( Especially RoF now that my ps3 drive is dead and im not sure it can be purchased digitally from psn. Feelsbadman

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
SQUARE ENIX AND CRYSTAL DYNAMICS ANNOUNCE RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER RELEASE DATE FOR WINDOWS 10 AND STEAM

Award Winning and Critically Acclaimed Adventure Coming to PCs on January 28th

Following Rise of the Tomb Raider’s highly successful release exclusively for Xbox One and Xbox 360, Square Enix® today announced that the game will be available for Windows 10 and Steam on January 28, 2016.

Bringing the game’s thrilling narrative and perilous environments to PC in stunning new detail, developers Crystal Dynamics® and Nixxes Software added numerous features, including Windows 10 support and 4K resolution. Rise of the Tomb Raider® was nominated for Best Action/Adventure for The Game Awards and follows the critically acclaimed, award-winning Tomb Raider®.

“The PC release of Rise of the Tomb Raider continues the positive momentum from our highly successful partnership and collaboration with Microsoft for the launch on Xbox One and Xbox 360,” said Scot Amos co-Head of Studio at Crystal Dynamics.

“PC players are a passionate, devoted audience and we know they’ll embrace the version created for their systems,” said Ron Rosenberg, co-Head of Studio at Crystal Dynamics.

After uncovering an ancient mystery, Lara must explore the most treacherous and remote regions of Siberia to find the secret of immortality before a ruthless organization known as Trinity. Lara must use her wits and survival skills, form new alliances, and ultimately embrace her destiny as the Tomb Raider. Experience high-octane action moments, conquer beautifully hostile environments, engage in brutal guerilla combat, and explore awe-inspiring deadly tombs in the evolution of survival action. In “Rise of the Tomb Raider,” Lara becomes more than a survivor as she embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition.

The PC version of Rise of the Tomb Raider will be available as a digital download via Steam®, the Windows Store, Amazon™, the Square Enix e-store and other major retailers – both in-store and online. Standard edition pricing is $59.99. The Digital Deluxe edition is $89.99 and includes a Season Pass to nearly all current and future DLC.

A Collector’s Edition, which includes the Digital Deluxe version of the game, a 12-inch Lara Croft® statue, replicas of Lara’s journal and jade necklace, and a steel case, will also be available from the Square Enix e-store for $149.99.

To learn more about Rise of the Tomb Raider, please visit the official website and follow the game on Facebook and Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom