• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I haven't submitted my GOTY yet, but here are my lists and some of those games you never heard about, unless you happen to stumble upon my posts

(5 Points) - The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (overall GOTY)
(4 Points) - Paint it Back (Puzzle GOTY)
(3 Points) - Higurashi When They Cry - Ch.1 Onikakushi (VN GOTY)
(2 Points) - Crystal Story II (genre mix GOTY, RPG lite GOTY, flash game GOTY)
(1 Point) - Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey (can't stop playing GOTY)

honorable mentions:

An Octave Higher
This Starry Midnight We Make
Forget Me Not: My Organic Garden
Fairy Fencer F
The Royal Trap
Contradiction
Cat Goes Fishing
SquareCells
Clicker Heroes

I'm very sorry GOTY

Cities: Skylines
Rebel Galaxy
the Witcher 3
Pillars of Eternity
Black Closet
Dirt Rally
Rocket League
Lightning Returns
Nep Nep V
Hand of Fate
DARIUSBURST
Life is Strange
Telltale games? Borderlands?

DOTY (disappointment of the year)
Tetris, DRM edition

as you can see from my very sorry list, I'll be playing (trying to finish) mostly 2015 year games in 2016

edited: forgot to mention that 2015 was a great year

Haunted

(5 Points) - Trails in the Sky SC
(4 Points) - Metal Gear Solid V
(3 Points) - Tales of Zestiria
(2 Points) - Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
(1 Point) - Sayonara UmiharaKawase

And you don't have to tell me, I know all of the games on it are shit
You're being too harsh on your list, MGSV is ok.

more than I respect those pedobait games anyway

Are you talking about games on my list?

Is that language really necessary? If you want to talk shit about that on the gaming side cool, but I'd expect better of a community thread.
We don't have to like each other but it would sure be nice if we didn't start to throw baseless insults around.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Jack The Nipper:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jack The Nipper, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Acceleration of SUGURI X-Edition HD -- MB-17DCFAC2516ED57F - Taken by texhnolyze. 5 entrants total.
Hitogata Happa -- MB-990A08D8B8FF882E - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
GundeadliGne -- MB-7E463CE243B8CEED - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
SUGURI -- MB-CF195EDB9A16DC29 - Taken by Large Professor. 1 entrants total.
Gundemonium Recollection -- MB-0DD23BBE4372BF66 - Taken by UnderWaterTree. 2 entrants total.

t1452615253z1.png

There were all my extras, I know it isnt much but hopefully soemone can enjoy these quite nice games :)

Tizoc

if one of those animu waifu games wins steam goty I'll never post in this thread again

You're over reacting.
You're stupidly over reacting, no offense.
The GOTY spot will very likely be taken by any of the following games
Witcher 3
GTA5
MGS5
Tales from Borderlands
Life is Strange

These are IMHO, locked for being among the top 10, if not the #1 spot.

My Steam GOTY list.

(5 Points) - Game 1 - Life Is Strange
(4 Points) - Game 2 - Fallout 4
(3 Points) - Game 3 - Rocket League
(2 Points) - Game 4 - GTA V
(1 Point) - Game 5 - HuniePop

First, this was pretty hard since I mostly played games released in previous years. I kept swapping GTA V and HuniePop.

ViviOggi

You're over reacting.
Witcher 3
GTA5
MGS5
Tales from Borderlands
Life is Strange

Yup. Animu waifu game

Haunted

You're over reacting.
Witcher 3
GTA5
MGS5
Tales from Borderlands
Life is Strange

Here's the secret: I really don't think one of the anime games will win, I have faith in SteamGAF. Witcher 3 is probably going to take it, (I'd add Rocket League to that top 5).

I voted for Ori in my #1 spot, just like I did for the overall GAF GOTY. :D

Arthea

I would be very surprised if Witcher doesn't take steamgaf #1 spot, it was mostly talked (positively) game in this thread.

I hope peple will take this as an opportunity to vote for their favourite anime game if they haven't done so yet. At the very least, I'd like to see some variety in the results.

I would be very surprised if Witcher doesn't take steamgaf #1 spot, it was mostly talked (positively) game in this thread.

There was also a lot of Life is Strange chatter. That could be the biggest contender to Witcher's win if we're going by positive talk here.

However, I think more people played MGSV, and even if its placement isn't as high, it could sneak in on just sheer quantity of votes.

I really need to get on track for beating some games and fast. Without spoilers, how far away am I from the end in Undertale if I just reached
the Core
?

Nordicus

*knocks on front door*

Hello, have you heard of our lord and saviour Hidetaka Miyazaki?

"Irrelevant, now please leave"

*shoves his foot in the door before it closes*

Arthea

*knocks on front door*

Hello, have you heard of our lord and saviour Hidetaka Miyazaki?

"Irrelevant, now please leave"

*shoves his foot in the door before it closes*

lol

well... I might be wrong but many people weren't that much impressed by his this year offering.
he wasn't a director though, no?

There was also a lot of Life is Strange chatter. That could be the biggest contender to Witcher's win if we're going by positive talk here.

However, I think more people played MGSV, and even if its placement isn't as high, it could sneak in on just sheer quantity of votes.

I really need to get on track for beating some games and fast. Without spoilers, how far away am I from the end in Undertale if I just reached
the Core
?

well, I got impression that people didn't like ending that much (I'm very far from finishing it myself) so only talking about what I read here, but you probably right, it could end up being a close call

I'm cool with anything but (redacted) getting #1.

what do you have against Clicker Heroes again?

Currently have it on Hard and having a blast. I really need to play Twilight of the Republic, from what I've read it's really good. I'm playing The Force Awakens thanks to a generous gaffer and enjoying it even though it's supposed to be the weakest. Stoked for the others.

I remember playing the demo when it first hit PC and being really turned off by the joystick sensitivity but that seems to be fixed now
One of the best things about Twilight of the Republic is that a lot of the voice actors from the Clone Wars TV series recorded voices for the game which made it feel like you're in the cartoon series. I really enjoy watching the show so that gave the game a big boost in quality, in my opinion.

Ludens

Banned
Pretty sure it is, they're wanting to keep players in. While getting that micro transactions money.

Umh, the DLC seems to me...the MotherBase?
Lol, they are recycling the hell out of this game, I already saw in some videos the map Kojima used as a demo (the one with Quiet) is in MGO too.

Cyldman

Banned
So whats up with steam nowadays...if i buy keys in market to buy don't starve together they are locked for a week and I can't do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom