• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

We doing this again?

kF12kEk.jpg

impact

Banned
The source goes on to say other titles like Vanquish, Resonance of Fate, the Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA franchise, Virtua Fighter 5, and Sonic Colors, are also heavily being considered.
megatoNNNNNNNNNNNN

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
It's win10 exclusive?

I thought it being available on "windows 10" just means the windows store for windows 10?

Tizoc

Take that SEGA news with a grain of salt
I can't re-instate this enough, the one game that we could speculate getting a PC release is Yakuza 0 but that's mainly due to it apparently releasing in 2017.

Grief.exe

will be available for Windows 10 and Steam

this sounds so weird

guess I'll wait for that PS4 version

It's win10 exclusive?

I thought it being available on "windows 10" just means the windows store for windows 10?

That may be solely a reference to the Windows 10 store, unless it's a DX12 only release.

From the press release:

Bringing the game’s thrilling narrative and perilous environments to PC in stunning new detail, developers Crystal Dynamics® and Nixxes Software added numerous features, including Windows 10 support and 4K resolution.

'Including Windows 10 support,' would imply that it is supported by other versions of Windows as well.

rumoRRRRRRRRRRR

Take that SEGA news with a grain of salt
I can't re-instate this enough, the one game that we could speculate getting a PC release is Yakuza 0 but that's mainly due to it apparently releasing in 2017.

Too late, already dreaming of Vanquish and Persona.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I have a strange feeling people don't like Windows 10 looking at that Tomb Raider confirmation.

Why?

I get the Win8 hate, but I don't understand the Win10 hate.

sakyot

Christmas damage was really low for me....I guess we lack some awesome games! Except for rocket league that was a win for me.

Ban Puncher

I have a strange feeling people don't like Windows 10 looking at that Tomb Raider confirmation.

Why?

Windows 10 the OS is fine.

Windows 10 the Store and Game Front End (aka GFWL 2.0 aka Secret XBL) can go away.

Why?

I don't hate Win10, I just don't like being forced to upgrade when everything still works perfectly. Microsoft's hard push to get everyone on Win10 just doesn't sit very well with me. I'll upgrade when I want to, but a single game won't convince me, I believe more in "never change a running system". Win7 does everything I need except running Tomb Raider I guess.

Ludens

Banned
Nice for Tomb Raider, can't wait for the "all inclusive" package for 3€ or bundled everywhere within a year.
EDIT 1: In before the game launches for 50€ with no DLCs included, and the disaster occured on One will repeat.
EDIT 2: Or I'll wait for the "Rise of the Tomb Raider New Face Edition"

UltraJay

DirectX 12 games are coming. Then 10 will be required. This got me thinking about the Killer Instinct PC thread. People were thinking the Windows 10 exclusive meant that it would only be on the Windows Store and not DirectX 12. The announcement said nothing about the Windows Store but people just took it as Gospel. As far as I know there are no "big" games on the Windows Store at the moment - they are all mobile titles.

Tizoc

That may be solely a reference to the Windows 10 store, unless it's a DX12 only release.

From the press release:

'Including Windows 10 support,' would imply that it is supported by other versions of Windows as well.

Too late, already dreaming of Vanquish and Persona.

Umm the article states Atlus games were a no-no. You can dream on Vanquish just fine I guess.

Isn't that sega rumor coming from gaf?
Like a couple days ago or so.

I doubt that mod will ever come out. I did play around KOTOR recently but it was on the OG Xbox. I have the pc version in my steam library but haven't messed with it.

There's a 0.4 version available for download. I'll trybit nonetheless.

Endruen

I don't hate Win10, I just don't like being forced to upgrade when everything still works perfectly. Microsoft's hard push to get everyone on Win10 just doesn't sit very well with me. I'll upgrade when I want to, but a single game won't convince me, I believe more in "never change a running system". Win7 does everything I need except running Tomb Raider I guess.
I really don't know what to do in regards to that topic. I love Windows 7, it works perfect and I like the interface, but at some point I will have to upgrade for the DirectX 12, and I should do it before June for the free update, but I'm still unsure.
Does anybody knows if, after updating to Win10, I can go back to Win7 and be able to update for free to Win10 since I already downloaded it?
Also, in case that I have to format my PC, I should be able to download the OS free from somewhere to install it, right? Because updating means I own a free copy of Win10.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Win10 Minecraft is pretty dope tho.

It runs better than the Java version, but man is it missing lots of content. If they ever get the Win10 version of Minecraft up to feature parity with the Java version then I'd switch in a heartbeat.

Grief.exe

Uninstall Windows 10 apps
Powershell > Run as Administrator
Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage *zuneapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage

Uninstall just about everything that comes with Windows 10 that way.

DirectX 12 games are coming. Then 10 will be required. This got me thinking about the Killer Instinct PC thread. People were thinking the Windows 10 exclusive meant that it would only be on the Windows Store and not DirectX 12. The announcement said nothing about the Windows Store but people just took it as Gospel. As far as I know there are no "big" games on the Windows Store at the moment - they are all mobile titles.

Microsoft tends to dance around the issue, hence the confusion, but Killer Instinct is indeed exclusive to the Windows 10 store.

Umm the article states Atlus games were a no-no. You can dream on Vanquish just fine I guess.

Possibility, but there is resistance.

Our source also indicated Sega wants to being several titles in the Atlus library to PC, but is facing some resistance from the Japan side.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Once again we have open "marketing" of grey market resellers on gaf in announcement threads.

When will we get stricter moderation on this?!

Me from the Tomb Raider thread. How isn't this fixed yet?

Like seriously we even have a shill in there who has openly been working on these sites, he admited himself.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Digging into it, Rise of the Tomb Raider is not windows 10 exclusive, it just is being sold on the Windows 10 store. It'll work on 7, 8, etc.

Ban Puncher

Zen and Pinball Arcade always give me pause. I don't know what platform to get them on. I've tried on Vita and other Sony platforms and liked it. I'm guessing I should bite the bullet on PC as then I could play the same copy on my desktop, Surface, or Nvidia Shield Portable. That's the best of all worlds there.

Having bought and played Pinball Arcade on a variety of systems, my preference is for the PC and iPad versions because they are easy to set up to play vertically.

Have the shadows been fixed on the PC release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom