• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

XShagrath

Zen and Pinball Arcade always give me pause. I don't know what platform to get them on. I've tried on Vita and other Sony platforms and liked it. I'm guessing I should bite the bullet on PC as then I could play the same copy on my desktop, Surface, or Nvidia Shield Portable. That's the best of all worlds there.
I started out getting them on 360, but rebought them all when I retired that system and moved over to be exclusively PC (at least for the past few years). There have been enough sales on the older tables that it hasn't broken the bank repurchasing the ones I already had. Plus, the ability to play in portrait mode is great.

Playing real tables (like actual physical ones) pretty often has turned me off of the FX engine a bit though. The physics are just not that realistic, and some of the tables are not very well made. On the other hand, you have Pinball Arcade with digital representations of real tables, and with much better physics. However, there's something about them that just doesn't look good to me. I'm not sure if it's the textures or the lighting or what, but I can't really get into them. On top of that, they rarely have really good sales on their "Seasons."

There's a "Pinball Lounge" a few miles from here that has about 15 tables, and they rotate them fairly often. Also, I have a friend who has anywhere from 1-8 tables at any given time, and there's 2-3 pinball/arcade expos here every year, so I get in a good amount of time playing the real deal, which lessens my enthusiasm for the virtual ones, although they are sometimes a good way to kill some downtime when I don't want to invest in a more story-driven game.

The world is just not ready yet for Win10 exclusive games. Just look at the steam survey, most of pc gamers are still on Win7.

Me from the Tomb Raider thread. How isn't this fixed yet?

Like seriously we even have a shill in there who has openly been working on these sites, he admited himself.

When mods consider it an issue. But it's not, because not everyone has a problem with these sites. They're not objectively problematic.

Anteater

I use my pc for work too much, I don't want to mess up my schedule if something broke, probably won't upgrade unless I have a day or two off, which is never.

Hey boss, can't do shit today because I fucked up my upgrade

I just wanted to play killer instinct

I see Man Puncher is still being Man Puncher.

I know it's a lot to ask for along with ports but, I hope Sega goes back to making games again too. Like they have mainly been sitting cozy off of Arcade money lately and making what Yakuza games?
I would be more interested in more packages of emulated Saturn and Dreamcast games.

Dreamcast? Sure.

Asking for Saturn games though seems like asking for the world there.

gurm3n

Neo Member
I'm playing Half-Life 2 Episode 2 and the game keeps CTD whenever
I kill a particular Hunter while defending White Forest
. Thanks Gaben.

Ban Puncher

I use my pc for work too much, I don't want to mess up my schedule if something broke, probably won't upgrade unless I have a day or two off, which is never.

Doesn't installing a new OS on your work computer count as work?

Remember to expense your copy of Killer Instinct to HR.

Tecnniqe

Banned

"Maaan, this Windows Auto-Update broke my PC trying to install Windows 10 boss"

:)
Windows 10 has too many issues with too many games for me to upgrade yet.
I understand why people don't want to upgrade, and some feel forced by their program, however, I personally cant think of a single game issue due to having Windows 10.
If anything I've seen a slight increase in performance since my upgrade.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Fighting the good battle to inform people of the risk and morality of the gray market in the Tomb Raider thread and risk of key revoking and region locking, but not without some hostileness for regional pricing or whatever. Not sure who the shill is, actually.

Ban Puncher

The only game related problem I've encountered with W10 is Burnout Paradise not having sound.

But Alt+Tab out and back in fixes it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tizoc

Fighting the good battle to inform people of the risk and morality of the gray market in the Tomb Raider thread, but not without aome hostileness for regional pricing or whatever. Not sure who the shill is, actually.

What do you mean?
How much was Rise of Tomb Raider said to go for on Steam? I'll settle for $15 if I were to get it day 1, no more, no less.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Fighting the good battle to inform people of the risk and morality of the gray market in the Tomb Raider thread and risk of key revoking and region locking, but not without some hostileness for regional pricing or whatever. Not sure who the shill is, actually.

One of the guys are selling keys in bulk to CDkeys and is always adverising how good they are.
Everyone takes his word for it as "he knows stuff" but all I'm thinking is how it's a pretty big conflict of interest.

But I guess that's how it is, who cares at this point you only get confronted with hostility if you talk against the grey market.

EDIT: My memory is playing tricks with me, remembered the wrong guy from that thread.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
What do you mean?
How much was Rise of Tomb Raider said to go for on Steam? I'll settle for $15 if I were to get it day 1, no more, no less.
(I think I see what you're doing. XD; )

Since it released two months ago, it's full console price still, $59.99 deal and all that. CDKeys has it for half of that, but they're buying from region 2 and reselling it sort of deal to my understanding.

One of the guys are selling keys in bulk to CDkeys and is always adverising how good they are.

Everyone takes his word for it as "he knows stuff" but all I'm thinking is how it's a pretty big conflict of interest.

Are you sure you're not confusing them? The guy who talked about selling keys to the resellers was SirJackDaniels, he's not posting in that thread.

Jazz573

BTHUmHz.gif

eodZjdc.jpg

accel

It's win10 exclusive?

I thought it being available on "windows 10" just means the windows store for windows 10?

Exactly.

I don't see anything in the article that would say "Windows 10 exclusive", or "runs on Windows 10 only" or "requires DirectX 12", etc - so it looks to me simply that we'll be able to buy the game either on Steam or on Windows Store, that's it.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Are you sure you're not confusing them? The guy who talked about selling keys to the resellers was SirJackDaniels, he's not posting in that thread.

Yeap, was thinking of LewieP but he only said things about only pushing unathourazed key resellers in the G2A thread or something.

I was wrong you was right on this.

garath

My current copy of win 8.1 isnt eligible for a free win 10 upgrade so I bought win 10 on sale from Newegg. It's been sitting on my desk for almost two months now. I guess I need to get around to installing it soon. I just really don't want to go through a full wipe. My win 8.1 install is barely 8 months old. But I'm afraid of the upgrade process.

We'll see. I'll do it soon I'm sure. At least once directx 12 hits it'll be a must.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Exactly.

I don't see anything in the article that would say "Windows 10 exclusive", or "runs on Windows 10 only" or "requires DirectX 12", etc - so it looks to me simply that we'll be able to buy the game either on Steam or on Windows Store, that's it.

Its not Win10 exclusive, its coming to the Windows 10 Store and Steam and it will support older Windows version but have some nice Windows 10 features.

That's what the article say.

Ban Puncher

I wonder how some people would react if they found out there is a SteamGAF visual novel in development.

Anime.

As.

Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom